Cai Yun ( 蔡赟 ) and Fu Haifeng ( 傅海峰 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Devi Liedany

Devi Liedany New Member

Employee
    That was the best news I heard for this year! Cai Yun won't retire soon? Horayyy.... I wanna see them again on Indonesia Open. I do hope they will win the gold medal and still play badminton for the next 5 years :D

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. Cai/Fu are the CHN champions I truly respect. They don t require assists or entourage to win their titles.

3. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe because there is nobody who can assisted them? please name CHN MD who have such qualities to help them. :D

peace. :)

4. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

let's all support Cai and Fu to win Gold!!!

they will then surely go down as the most successful CHN MD pair in history!

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

LET'S!! :D

wishing them an OG gold medal!

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

After their 3rd attempt, finally the won the gold medal at the OG:)..

Not 'giving up' is their key to success;)

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

congratulations, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng!! :D

phenomenal chinese MD that we don't know when will CBA can produce another one like them. :)

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Besides not 'giving up', luck plays the most dominant parts in their success to win OG's gold. If Den pairs had enough rest, then it is game over. If CHN vs Korea in OG final, then it is also game over. Fortunately, "lady luck" with them during OG 2012, that's why they can win

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

There's no way winning with those margins has anything to do with luck. The Danes WERE rested, they just aren't at the level of Fu/Cai. And other than the Koreans, they didn't do them the favor to make a lot of nervous errors. I agree that a match against Chung/Lee would probably have been closer than against BoMo, but we'll never know, will we?

And if it's only "Lady Luck" who helped them win the OG, they must be very lucky indeed to have won so many titles before....like 4 WC titles while none of the other SF pairs have won even one...

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    bomo is not level of the Chinese... But the Korean do but they fail in semi..

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Koreans are much better suited to play against the Chinese as they can keep up with their high pace, BoMo can't. The KOR pair has the defense to outlast the Chinese attack long enough to turn it into offense themselves, while the Danes are pretty much done for as soon as they have to lift high to Fu. They also (usually) have the more penetrating attack.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Danes, but their win over Chung/Lee was a big surprise for everyone (Chung/Lee and Cai/Fu are pretty much on a level of their own, with no one else beating either pair regularly). Boe stated in an interview that their tactic was to keep the shuttle away from Lee as much as possible and put the pressure on Chung, who 'broke'. And if you watch the match, the Koreans made a LOT of unsual nervous erros and didn't look comfortable at any point in the match.

12. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    the secret to BoMo ability to beat the fast asian pairs is their ability to slow down the pace...also...when they get the attack...they are pretty good at it...perhaps not as aggressive as cai/fu or chung/lee but they place their shuttles well...

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

too bad, it's not Cai/Fu business that Chung/Lee didn't make it to the final.

14. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    So who is the player(s) that need assists to win their titles ?

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    What I mean, if MD pairs also has the same rest day with MS players (+/- 2 days), then DEN pairs are the favourite to win the gold. Fu / Cai performance in the final was not so impressive. That's my reason.
    I only say about 2009 WC and 2012 OG. Not the others. They won fair & square in 2006, 2010 & 2011. 2009 WC ? With the score like 28 - 26 or something in the 3rd sets of the final, the match could go either way.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Now you're just desperate. BoMo never were favorites to win Gold, never favorites to win against ChunG/Lee and least of all favorites to win against Cai/Fu. No matter how long the rest. What would an extra day have done for the Danes? They would still have been 50% slower. Boe's defense still would've been a weakness. They still would've been scared to lift the shuttle to Fu. Face it, they were the better pair by miles and nothing except for injury could've changed that. Now if Chung/Lee had been in the final, that might've been different - I believe that would've been a very close, hard-fought match. But as I said, we'll never know.

And again - winning a WC title has little to do with luck. There was no net roll or lucky mishit on the 2 winning points, they just had that 1% more to offer. I agree that both pairs had deserved the title in that match. But saying the winning pair is just lucky whenever they win with less than 21-10 margins is stupid.

17. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    Boe just can not defense those power smash from Fu . Is the grip he is going to use and not prepare early enough , if the shuttle goes across him (both -right to left or left to right) , he will just lift it short. However, he got one of the best (and most deceiving) cross-court smash ........in the world. ..........

18. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

During an interview after the Olympic MD final, Fu told the compere his elbow was injured since AE this year and did not recover until now. In another interview, Cai said he was upset, since he saw Fu took Ibuprofen every night during the Olympic Games in order to relieve pain, otherwise he could not sleep at all.

As far as I know from Fu's personality, if Cai&Fu lost in the final, he would never tell you that he was injured before the match, nor find some reasons for the failure.

And, I would say, such kind of personality makes the difference.

19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

FHF really get injured? but it's good that they finally fulfill their Olympic dream.

20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    This is the first time I heard that World #3 is not the favorites to win Gold LOL Don't embarrass your self
    Bo/Mo never favorites to win against JJS / LYD, but this time they win. So what is your point ?
    I'm talking about their performance in OG, not talking about the past
    Extra day for rest means extra power to do big smash continuously. LOL ! In the 1st set, 12 out of 16 pts (75%) come with smash !In total, they scores 30 points, and another 1 point by service fault, to make it 31 pts. And how many the contribution by smash to their total pts ? 18 pts / 30 pts means 60 % !. Don't tell me that smash has no relation with stamina.
    And have been 70% - 80% slower when they are extremely tired.
    Cai / Fu defense also weak, that's why the extremely tired MB / CM can score 18 pts by smash ! Several times you can see that BoMo smash not as lethal as in the SF match. Why ? Bcoz they have not enough rest !
    That's why I said Cai / Fu was lucky. With their performance in the final, I highly doubt they will win the final if Gold Medal match between CHN vs Korea
    Only 2 - 3 points separated JJS / LYD from each set of 2007 & 2009 WC final, plus they are in the same level (H2H records will prove it). Meanwhile in 2011 WC, Cai/Fu win over JJS/LYD with 3 and 7 pts, and against Koo/Yoo in final with 2 and 5 pts, I never say Cai/Fu are lucky. Even I say : So who is stupid ?