BAM hires Hendrawan as coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by fantastic4, May 17, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Good sell job by Rexy..

..Rexy must've done some pretty impressive bargaining to sell the idea to BAM..Imagine, Hendrawan who hasn't even start his tenure in BAM will receive more than, if not equal to that of what Rexy receives..:confused::cool:
    ..the last portion of the article above, from post #40, somewhat mentions another possible goal in bringing in Hendrawan..

#81 ctjcad, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Another 3rd party helps BAM pay his salary..BAM, indeed, was desperate to get some coaches..prior to Hermawan, there were few candidates..

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I remember reading that Rexy got better pay in England than Msia, England paid in pounds mah, so.. after exchange rates it's more. The reporters were asking Rexy why he still came although England paid him more.

The article on Hendrawan you were refering was from yesterday's NST :
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Wednesday/Sport/2561418/Article/pppull_index_html

Thanks for the info, this 3rd party really kind. :D

And I must say this Hendrawan knows how to talk to the media. The Msian malay language press asked him why agree to come, he said BAM approached him every year since 2005. He said no, they dont give up, next year ask again. So, the persistency of persuading paid off. He said it very diplomatic so wouldnt offend INA fans, clever guy.
    I have the impresssion he will know how to weave his way thru the politics.;)

#83 eaglehelang, May 20, 2009
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I was referring..

..to a different article (ckloo's post #40) which mentions something abt BAM/MAS plan to target next yr's Thomas Cup as well, per OTB's post (post #75) where he thought he saw that being mentioned.
    Your link above has no mention of BAM targeting next yr's TC.

#84 ctjcad, May 20, 2009
  5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With Hendrawan, hopefully he can groom future MAS players and help MAS produce a better team...of course, $$$ cannot buy success...honestly, looking at CHN current lineup and future players coming up, it will be a long time before any country can challenge CHN in Sudirman, TC and UC...what I meant to say is getting Hendrawan is a good move by BAM except for 5X the salary, especially in the economy of today, may be a steep price to pay to play a game but to win or to enhance the chances of winning, I understand there is a price to pay...maybe I should word the phrase "whoever said enhancing the chances of winning is cheap"...Hendrawan and Rexy are coaches, they can coach all they want, if the players cannot deliver, it is futile anyway.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

omg..i hope mr yoyo won't be training under hendrawan:(

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/5/21/sports/3950011&sec=sports

Hafiz hopes to revive sagging career under Hendrawan

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim is ready to begin a new chapter in his badminton career under a new coach for the first time.
    After being under the wings of only one coach, Misbun Sidek, for almost a decade, Hafiz said that he had no qualms to seek new fortunes under the guidance of Indonesian Hendrawan.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have hired the former world champion and it is learnt that two seniors players, Hafiz and also Kuan Beng Hong, will come under his charge together with several national back-up shuttlers.
    Both Hafiz and Beng Hong have reached a plateau, if not on a slide, in their badminton careers and the 37-year-old Hendrawan could give the duo the lift.
    National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek has been given the task to recommend the players to train under Hendrawan, who will report for duty on July 1.
    “A decision has not been made but I will give it a try to revive my career if I am placed under Hendrawan. I will follow the BAM’s decision,” said Hafiz.
    Hafiz has never benefited from any foreign coach since he came under the charge of Misbun in 2000 while other players, including world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has had the benefit of training under several coaches with strong credentials, including Denmark’s Morten Frost, Indonesia’s Indra Gunawan and China’s Li Mao.
    “It will be a new experience for me to train under Hendrawan. His training style and method may be different. He may be able to help me,” said Hafiz.
    The former Nusa Mahsuri player said that Hendrawan, who retired as a player in 2003, would not be a total stranger to him.
    “I played against him before and lost the group tie match of the Thomas Cup Finals (in 2002 in Guangzhou). As a player, he is known for his great fighting spirit and skills,” said Hafiz.
    “We always greet each other whenever we meet during tournaments. There is a good rapport between him and me.”
    In the absence of Misbun, who is currently on a long leave to care for his sick wife, Hafiz has been training under Rashid and is now gearing up for the Pahang Open in Kuantan from May 26-29.
    For the record, Hafiz, who is ranked 29th in the world, has not won a major tournament since his career-best victory at the All-England in 2003.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Better not.......HH and KBH....BAM shd focus on the yougster.....not these two....

enough is enough........no more HH nor KBH......pls no BAM...!

8. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    well it's up to BAM..but i believe Kuan B h , Hafiz, & some back up players will be under him......

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Correct me...I thought it was Roslin who lost to Hendrawan in 2002 TC.

10. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    I really want to see that ...

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    the answer will be revelead on july 1'st........

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    BAM will let Hendrawan focus on the jrs. HH and KBH is secondary. However since BAM still needs HH and KBH's services. Hendrawan might as well coach them together.

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    hence both will be under him..............plus juniors

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ohhh, that one is reporter's speculation. That article was from The Star. Ganga Rao & Rashid was quoted as saying 2012.;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..writer's speculation or not, it was mentioned and that was the article OTB thought he saw it from (i was referencing/pointing to the news article).
    *My thought is also similar, in that MAS would plan at least to reach next yr's TC Final Rd. with Hendrawan on board.

#95 ctjcad, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Maybe..

..perhaps Hafiz was being a nice guy & trying to cover Roslin's butt..;)
    No, but tease aside, HH's memory is still good. Roslin played & lost to Hendrawan in the Final Rd., not in the group tie match during the 2002 TC..
    http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2002/05/20/stories/2002052005242300.htm

17. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Who knows, this 3rd party is Cik Najib or even... His Majesty the Agong himself? ;):eek::cool:

18. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Who know Hendrawan will get Datoship .. hahaha

#98 Amin Khalili, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    They always proud of DLCW....

Other than that, they are ZERO......

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    partly agree Dato' ....it's up the player & coaches (both ) needed to improve if not.. habuk pun takda..