Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hopefully 1 title from Birmingham is a beginning for INA badminton glory :)

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    My personal feeling when watching Towi/Butet won their XD Gold Medal in AE2012 is the same with when watching Kido/Hendra won 2008 OG Gold medal several years back...We have not won the major title for so long, it took them 4 years.....What an achievement....

3. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    Nice Quote yoppie , hopefully someone from the media will read your post this is really great:) why dont you try send this to the media ayooo you can be a great badminton news writer :D

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thanks for the encouragement my friend, but I really dont know if thats my talent :confused:, Im affraid no one will read my article LOL. But for the info, Im currently in Indonesia and will at least spend another 9 months here. Mainly for business purpose, but at the same time Im still actively involve as ever in badminton. Maybe not in the same capacity as before but no less exciting. In this relatively short time, Im trying to set up a non-profit badminton club which will provide free training programs for the youngsters, boys and girls, especially those who comes from disadvantaged families in the rural areas. What I came to realise is that quite often these talents were wasted simply because they can not afford to train properly, since they cant afford to buy a shuttle let alone hire a coach. Im hoping that this club that Im dreaming about not only will provide them with sporting activities but also I hope we can extend that to their school education. So its still a win win solution for those parents who are againts their kids becoming proffesional player.

At this stage everything is lined up and ready to go, from local coaches, the hall, sponsors, admin, schools teachers, councils, local media and so on. I just need to put them together in place and make sure this club to be will be there for long run, thats I think will be the harder challenge. But hopefully everything goes well and itcan grow even bigger so that we can copy the concept across Indonesia.

So I pray to God this dream to keep :)

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

These deserves a double quadruple thumbs up!

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Badminton : Indonesia's Olympic Chase Rolls On In Basel

Ami Afriatni | March 13, 2012

Having broken the country’s long drought of top-flight badminton titles, Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir have shifted their focus to upholding Indonesia’s streak of Olympic gold medals.

Tontowi and Liliyana’s victory last weekend at the All England Open, one of badminton’s most prestigious tournaments, ended Indonesia’s run of 33 years without a mixed doubles title at that event. The last victorious pair from the country was Christian Hadinata and Imelda Wiguna in 1979.

“I’m proud and happy to win the All England and end the streak without a mixed doubles title,” Liliyana said. “Hopefully, this triumph will motivate me for the best achievement at the upcoming Olympics.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Full article : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/badminton-indonesias-olympic-chase-rolls-on-in-basel/504567

Hopefully the newly-crowned AE Champ will continue their good run in Basel this week ;)

7. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

When i first read indonesian players entry at Vietnam Challenge i was very surprised and excited at the same time to saw that some indonesian single players also play in XD:
    [TABLE="width: 432"]
    [TR]
    [TD]MARTEEN[/TD]
    [TD]Andre[/TD]
    [TD]NADHIR[/TD]
    [TD]Maziyyah[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]PRASETYO[/TD]
    [TD]Wisnu Yuli[/TD]
    [TD]ASMARANI[/TD]
    [TD]Yeni[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]RAMADHAN[/TD]
    [TD]Arif[/TD]
    [TD]Elyzabeth[/TD]
    [TD]PURWANINGTYAS[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]SISWANTO[/TD]
    [TD].[/TD]
    [TD]Renna[/TD]
    [TD]SUWARNO[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]SUBAGJA[/TD]
    [TD]Riyanto[/TD]
    [TD]WIRANTO[/TD]
    [TD]Milicent
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

But then they all been removed from the list. Does anyone know about what happened?
    Did PBSI really intend to make their young single players play double now? And why then they all been removed?

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    PBSI will get Pratama players to play the following SIRNAS: Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya and Bali..

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Lukhi will partner with Annisa at Jakarta Open, right now Annisa will pair with Rizky at Vietnam Challenge..

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    They are not supposed to play XD...

11. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    ko hauge, what happen with lukhi now ?? injury ??

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Kido and hendra gives up chasing the Olympic spot.they will skip india open and asia championship...Australia opne could be the last one..not sure Hendra will be playing XD with vita for those tournaments and we will wait and see

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Lukhi is fine and not injured....

14. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    what is their plan after the olympic ??
    still play together ??

15. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Sad to hear but realistically its the right choice. Their performance this year has been mediocre.

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    What a sad news.... I could not stand to hear Hendra Setiawan wasted his talent....

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Hendra will pull out his XD also from India Open.

18. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    I do not know, my opinion Hendra/Kido should not play XD. Looking their result is not good recently MD and XD, they much choose one of them ..

19. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

finally indonesia won the inaugural axiata cup 2012.
    I should say without LCW, KKK/TBH Malaysia can't outcompete Indonesia Garuda. The match will be interesting if those player were able to play.

Anyway, good job Indonesia, i hope this motivates Indonesian Team to compete for Thomas Cup 2012 in China.

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Glass "half-full" for Indonesian shuttlers before Olympics

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 04/11/2012 11:44 PM

The glass is still half-full for nine Indonesian shuttlers wanting to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics, an official for the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) said on Wednesday.

According to Hadi Nasri, who heads the athletic development division, All England mixed double champions Liliyana Natsir and Tontowi Ahmad, leads the nine players who still in the running for London in terms of world ranking.

Liliyana and Tontowi currently placed third in the BWF (Badminton World Federation) ranking list.

“Surely we hope that there will be additional players outside the nine players that currently had the biggest chance to compete at the Olympics,” Hadi said as quoted by kompas.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Read more => http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/04/11/glass-half-full-indonesian-shuttlers-olympics.html