To continue using the Z-force or to get an N90 Woods

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Spadroliken, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Thanks.. Sorry for another question again.. How would you compare voltric zforce stiffness vs MX80 stiffness?? Hmm... I'm using VTZF 4U because VTZF3U is too demanding of power to use in double. Do u think a VTZF 4U user can wield a MX80 3U?? Because I found that my VTZF 4U is somehow weight the same as Ti-10 3U

2. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

MX80 shaft is MUCHHH stiffer than the ZForce... Not doubt about it!

Do you rely on the racket's flex to generate power? Because my swing is fast, compact and hard... My swing generally doesn't flex the racket's shaft. I chose highly repulsive strings (NBG99 JP) with 27lbs tension to minimize hold on the string bed. This setup minimizes recoil so the bird almost leaves the stringbed immediately.

To me this is what you need for doubles... Fast and hard!

Hope this helps

3. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

LD still have weights on his racket head! :eek:

4. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    But I heard using such stiff racket will rip your arm off.. How about MX70? Will it be the same as MX80 but less stiffer? Because I'm planning to get only one last spare racket in case my zforce string broken. I'm afraid of getting a wrong racket n regret, thanks god zforce didn't disappoint me. Last time I use AT700 first gen for double and my hit are soooooooo slow. Once I change to Ti-10 (my friend's racket because AT700 broke), my game improve a lot, as in I could keep smash continuously from the racket while AT700 makes me tired after 3 straight hard smash. I heard MX80 is very power demanding, hence I'm afraid I will back to my AT700 track.

5. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Avoid MX70 at all cost!!! Something is wrong with that racket and I can't put my finger on it!!!

My friend has one and it literally just broke on the in the 10 o'clock position. It wasn't off a clash but just after a hit which sounds like it didn't hit the frame. But it just caved. According to Victor Canada, there is a new stringing pattern and if it wasn't strung properly that happens... Sounds kind of sketchy to me! The racket just doesn't have that reassuring feel to it... Even before my friend's incident, when I first held the racket, it felt hollow...

Actually my friend who sold me his MX80 also said that it felt like it's ripping his arm out. Which is why he had to sell it... Personally I have no idea what he meant because I think it's pretty easy to use! The only difference is he mainly plays plastic and I play feather. He uses VS850 at 26lbs and I use NBG99 at 27lbs.

Perhaps it's all back to technique...

6. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

And it's definitely less demanding than N90, MX-JJS, and AT900P!

7. Danze

Danze Regular Member

There may be some yonex bias here, but I would say stay with the Z force.
    If more head heaviness is what you are after, try use thinner grip and heavier thicker string.
    I mean, Z force has a lot more technology than n90, you have 4u z force which is already the most head heavy thing you can possible get from yonex. Stay with 4u z force mate. :)

8. Spadroliken

Spadroliken Regular Member

Student
    Thanks Danze, I think I will stick with the Z-force. Already using thinner grip, as for the string...any recommendations on a heavier thicker string? I'm currently using Yonex Nanogy 99 at 26lbs.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i know, that's why i'm even afraid to shake his hand, might break my bones, but he's left handed so i'm ok....now if i can just get a chance to shake his hand, LOL

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    then another possibility is that you can play better with a more even balance racket than a head heavy balance racket? just wondering :)

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    i have also compared both vs850 and nbg99, at the same tension on the same two rackets, vs850 is a much stiffer string, and nbg99 is a much more repulsive string, if that helps.

12. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Yeah, at first I thought so. But now I have adapted to my VTZF and it's a very nice racket for attacking. Since it's a 4U hence it's very easy to maneuver. But I found that the 4U vtzf is somehow the same weight as the Ti-10 3u. So I'm wondering if MX80 3U will be something like my vtzf 4u in terms of maneuverability and weight.

13. Spadroliken

Student
    On a side note....

How do you guys "detect" a significant loss in tension of your strings. E.g. 26 to 25lbs? Is it even possible?

14. Spadroliken

Student
    Okay, forget the example, main question what happens when there's a loss in tension in strings. Sorry for going off topic. :p

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    you will feel a decrease in control and shots tends to just bounce off your racket. you tend to gain a bit of power, but at a lost of control generally.

16. pieflavouredpie

pieflavouredpie New Member

student
    I agree with you the n90 is pretty heavy ( for a 3u ) not just the head.. if you wanna find a racket with a more distinguished weight difference I suggest a n80 then a n90 ..

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I use both

18. lookeong

lookeong Regular Member

IT Networking
    I have a N90 as well and i personally felt that it is more head heavier compare to my fren's Voltric ZF 4U.
    I think i personally prefer Voltrix ZF compare to my N90. ZF somehow give me better and more powerful smashes compare to my N90. :(

19. Danze

Danze Regular Member

the tri voltage is really obvious in the z force racket, adds more power to the shots with the same effort. you can really feel the tri voltage when you clear ay ;)

20. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

easiest way to detect tension change is from the pitch.

if you do not have good pitch memory, when the racquet is freshly strung you can do a simple recording of the tap tone by hitting the string bed against your palm or plucking a string etc with your smart phone.

check the sound later on after playing.. if its "Ding" on your recording, and "Ding" after playing, tension hasnt changed much, but if your racquet starts sounding a little lower in pitch, like a "Dong" sound.. then you've loss some tension..

i've 5-6 playing racquets, there's a couple of them on li-ning AP62+ that doesnt seem to have much of any tension loss at all! (strung on an e5pro).. so i use them as a pitch reference for comparison.