2013 GERMAN Open GP Gold - Qualification to FINAL (26th February-3rd March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by CLELY, Feb 25, 2013.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah, she had to fight back from being 12-15 (I think) down in the second, and while it was a great fight and great match to watch (even for me, who usually doesn't like WS all that much), I can't say she controlled the games....LXR made quite a few errors and didn't control the game like she used to last year. On the other hand, most Chinese and Korean players regard this as a warm-up tournament for the All-England, so maybe her heart wasn't really in it.
    Oh, and "match of the day" is usually a match with German competitors, so it had to be that one ;)

Well, for one, this is not a tournament the Koreans really focus on. The All England next week is more important to them and they seem to use this as kind of a warm-up every year. That being said, that they lost was more due to LYD than KSH. KSH did his job well, creating a lot of power from the back and using good variation. LYD made an unbelievable amount of errors, especially around the net and on drives around half-court. He just couldn't seem to find his way into the game. Not to take anything away from the Chinese though, their attacking game was quite brilliant. Both pretty powerful, and LQL is super quick around the net and was not afraid to take on the Koreans there. His super-low stance helped him turn the defense around quite a few times, blocking the shuttle overhead although it was just slightly above net height....hope his legs hold up as I'd really like to see these players a few years longer!

2. fauci

fauci Regular Member

The whole lining design team must have got terribly drunk over the Chinese New Year. It's an awful taste of color. The bright orange makes the jersey look like cheap plastic swimming suits.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I liked it. Even though it reminds me of the uniform German garbage collectors wear :D
    Still, compared to some other designs (*flypower* *cough*) it wasn't bad...and it definitely didn't look like a swimsuit!

4. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I've not been to many tournaments, but I really didn't appreciate these nonsense interviews while other players were still competing on court. It's all fine if they interviewed the champions on the final day, but doing it right on court in the middle of others' matches just for people to hear what their German players have to say is I think totally inappropriate and arrogant.

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Oh right! That's the color of the rubbish bins on the street!:D

6. fauci

fauci Regular Member

That was an incredible backhand cross court smash!

by the way, Chen Long have super strong legs. The Chinese players in general have very strong legs. Ma Jin's legs were huge...sorry:p

#346 fauci, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Agreed. As a player competing on an adjacent court I would be really put off by it - announcements are one thing, interviewing players another.
    What pissed me off as well was that there was always a clear favorite who everyone clapped for and the other faced nearly complete silence, even after winning brilliant rallies.....if it's against the home country, that's understandable (even if I do it differently), but when there's no German on court, be polite and clap for good rallies, damn it!

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

They don't suck. Dont expect the players to be in top form all the time. Some of them might be carrying some injuries.

In the case of LXR, it is either
    1) Smokescreen for the AE or
    2) China's WS players usually go downhill fast after becoming world no 1. Only WY seem to be able to handle it well.

I think it is more of option 1. Just watch and see next week.

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You know j4ckie, "Orange trägt nur die Müllabfuhr!"? :D

I was very disappointed about the perfomance of KO/LEE in the QF. Too much error prone and a bit too passive gameplay. IMO the koreans should reactivate JJS. But LYD made so much errors, it wasn't KSH.
    Maybe the koreans ate to much Döner from BY IBO or drunk too much Zaranoff mineral water. :D
    It was a really bad game. I grant LX and QZ from china the sucess. They were the better players on the court.
    StefanDo and I were in Mülheim with some friends there. The germans are lame and the trains in Germany are everytime delayed. I will never visit Germany again. ;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2013 German Open Semi-Finals "Match of the Day"

:):):) According to tournamentsoftware, the Match of the Day for today (on Saturday 02-Mar-2013 at the Semi-Finals) will be the match between Sayaka TAKAHASHI and Juliane SCHENK [3].

Link: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...EB1E1E-2351-440D-8F7D-8D983386A706&d=20130302

Sayaka TAKAHASHI told her facebook fans that she will "Fight, fight, fight" :):):)

But I think Juliane SCHENK has the BIGGER advantage with her homeground support.

Any BCers knowing any links to watch the live-streaming for this match?

#350 chris-ccc, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Here you go http://www.kakibara.com/

12. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Sayaka Takahashi's win was no fluke, the quality of the match was high. I think Li Xuerui can play better than she did, she did miss a number of shots. However a fair amount of that was down to pressure from Sayaka who showed great accuracy and anticipation.

My concern for the Schenk match is that she won't be able to achieve the same level of accuracy and so won't be able to build the same level of pressure. Still, it's a match I'm really looking forwards too.

13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    KSH/LYD and LXR seeded one players in the tournament would have to do better if they were to progress to the latter stages of the 2013 AE tournament next week. KSH/LYD were soundly beaten in straight games while LXR did better to lose in 3 games. The AE tournament will be tougher with all top-ranked players competing except for Lin Dan who has taken extended leave from the sport.

14. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

where can i watch the match between wang yihan and sung ji hyun. the link seems to show only court 1

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So far, only one court; try refreshing the site later, sometimes they add another. I'm looking for it too.

16. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

unfortunately, there is only one court showing on TV today.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXL/QZH thru to the final after prevailing over the Chinese Taipei pair by the identical score of 21-19 in two sets.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

After a close tussle, Wang YH touched base first in G1 with 21-19.

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Surprise, surprise... Sayaka beat London Olympic 2012 Gold Medalist, Li Xue Rui in 3 tight games and advance to the Semi Final today and meeting Julianne Schenk from Germany. What a game by Sayaka, hope she could win this tourney.

20. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Can someone tell Wang Yihan to put a sock in it? I'm finding it hard to hear the commentary whilst watching the game on the other court :rolleyes: