Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Invested 7 long years and now 2 years ban from internationals, that probably wipe out whatever remaining baddy career TCS has. It was just not too long ago, TCS was a new MAS hope and now, a has-been. That is why I could never relate to some BCers jumping to defend LCW, LD or TH as though they are related to these players cos these players are well compensated and life after baddy is already set. I have posted many times the plight of those lesser fortunate players who have entertained us, invested their youth and future playing a game and end up going nowhere. Risky business to begin with...but if you are a high dropout or an army person, nothing to lose anyway and time proven lots to gain.

2. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

BAM knew TCS's intention of joining other club by quitting the national team and that is why they ban him for 2 years from international tournament. If TCS's really wanted to quit because of personal reason, family problems, want to study etc, i think BAM is willing to let him go for his own good.

Like Rajes pointed, 2 school of thoughts. Practically, BAM did the right thing in banning him for 2 years because TCS have every intention to compete in international tournaments after leaving the national team. In addition to that he was not honest with his reasons given to BAM cited personal problems but the real intention is to play for other clubs. For BAM, if you want to quit means you really want to leave the sport unless you are no longer performing or maturing under BAM's wing. The action is also meant to set an example to other existing players who is thinking to jump ship.

On the other hand, BAM should examine why players want to jump ship.
    As Rajes mentioned " Is BAM the best place for all players – back-up, elite back-up and elite – to be in? Or is BAM giving special attention to only the elite shuttlers?" ..
    The key word is here.... BAM is not the best place for all players. - notice the the article by RP did not appear on BAM's website? BAM simply cannot accept criticism.

Why the double standard by allowing some players like Wong Choong Hann, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Chan Chong Ming-Chew Choon Eng and Tan Bin Shen-Gan Teik Chai to play for clubs and earn a better living but to restrict a young player like CS to do the same? Is it fair? No, it's never fair and player like TCS can never have any choice in that matter. You either stay or quit.

Although TCS have every reason to fight for a better future in his badminton career but he made a mistake by quitting impulsively (handling letter without discussing with the matter deeply with coaches/officials.) There might be solution but the whole thing has been reported in the news media and blown out of propotion so it put BAM in a difficult situation and pressure to take action. He should consult someone who is trustable in BAM as a mediator and honestly tell them his problem. If there is no solution as BAM cannot compromise and solve his problem, the last resort is to quit, pay BAM the compensation money and move on as an independent player. Is that simple but i wonder why he choose such an action that put him in a bad light.

BAM might have the best coaches and facilities in the world but yet they have the lousiest support system (psychological/environment & living) for the players.

#322 cheekygen, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I was fortunate to get better story why TCS quits....

4. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

and.......! do let us know.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ya spill the beans man! :p

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    BAM banning TCS is like MEN hitting Women, after the Women abuse the Men verbally.

Who is right? who is wrong?

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Can i share.............:)

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why are we waiting? Please hum.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no one would imagine how the whole back up squad(back in 2005/6-2008) survivie?:rolleyes:
    well,it is a burden for state asociation too.
    after helping in producing national player
    they still need to share with bam to pay player salary:rolleyes:

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    TCS get only RM500 a month. Even our Local Malaysian backup footballers get more than him.

11. SibugiChai

YAB
    I think DBKL floor sweeper also get better pay...

this is how low our NATIONAL PLAYER aka NAtional Pride is pay! :cool:

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

So, its RM500 or RM1300.......?:confused:

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    But don't forget food and accommodation provided, yes?

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Local backup footballer is also provided with food and accommodation. Personally i think RM500 is too little. Remember that TCS is living in the city and not any small village.

I also think that many of our players is spoilt. But RM500 is just too little. RM1500 would be reasonable.

15. SibugiChai

YAB
    RM1500 for the best Graaduate of BJSS, that's sounds like PEanuts

Top student of any Local Uni can get easily 3k in their 1st jobs!

I think 99.999% of Badminton Loving PArents would not encourage their child to be National Player after the Read about RM500...

I think most kids nowadyas got money than RM1k pocket money a mth!

This is pathetic... Just Wonder Where did all BAM $$$ GONE!

I dun belib State Football team is richer than BAM!

#335 SibugiChai, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I am glad you use TOP STUDENT. But it is not as easy as you said that to get 3k a month.

Does TCS a TOP PLAYER?

I am sure DLCW had this situation before. But why he can still survive?

No sacrifice no gain. Dont want to sacrifice, just quit to be professional.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yes, but that kinda is what Petrol Station pump Attendant get in Melaka (not KL).

Haiseh, parents help to support lah, that's why. That's how some of the other back-up can survive, some are from middle class families. For those from poor families, must work part time lor.
    If TBH didnt win WJC at 17 y.o. & AG at 19, maybe he also quit already.

If I had that kinda pay, even in Melaka also, need to work 2 jobs to survive & help support family. Then the full-time job boss sure not happy, cos not giving 110% focus on the day job.

How many times must say, TCS worked part-time. But at 23, if still cannot make it..means beginning of the end. By then, family sure make noise, why you still earning so little, never contribute to family expenses,etc,etc.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

....It may not have been as impulsive as it looks. As I stated in the other thread, it seems before Hendrawan came, TCS had already told BAM or at least the coaches he wanted to quit but they asked TCS to stay & try out the new coach. I knew this info 1 week before The Star interviewed TCS, you all can make your own conclusion whether to believe or not.

To me, it also partly has to do with Rashid Sidek, whether when it gets tough he support or not support the players like Rexy does.
    When Gan, TBin Shen, Lin, Chow PC left, it was uneventful. Poh/Chow's departure wasnt even mentioned in the press, yet Gan/TBS, Chow is still playing internationally. + Chow is younger than TCS

#338 eaglehelang, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  19. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    will Tan C S wil play in Terengganu Open ?

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    TCS has gained everything in the situation.

We must understand that Badminton in a 'calling' or a 'dream' that not everyone can achieve.

You may say that Tan Chun Seang 'sacrificed' 7 years of his 'youth' for BAM. Instead,... BAM can say that they 'develop / invested / supported' Tan Chun Seang for 7 years.

Based on the amount spent on him (allowances / tournament & travelling expenses / coaching & training set up cost) how much do you think it is worth???? It is probably cost as much as most scholarships sending a person for higher studies in Europe or more!

What has Tan Chun Seang gained and lost from the BAM Ban???? let us analyze:-

Lost
    1) The right to participate in BWF events for 2 years

Gained
    1) 7 years of badminton exposure both at world jr level & international level.
    2) Broaden his horizon & contacts accross the world (due to all the travelling given)
    3) 7 Years of FREE badminton training which has given him the 'possibility' of becoming a world class player
    4) World wide 'fame' (ppl from BC Forums know who he is at least :D)
    5) Freedom to be 'get involve' with ANY Badminton club & League in EUROPE! and the rest of the world.
    6) The chance to get PAID PROPER by these clubs.
    7) The freedom from the TOUGH & BORING training sessions he is so TIRED off.

Honestly.... I don't understand what is there to complain about????? :confused: