WORLD JUNIOR Championships 2011 (Taoyuan City, 28 October-06 November 2011)

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 30, 2011.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Been told that those 2 may play Individual......

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think Chinas "Boycott" is childish, from such a great country!!!

I hope BWF puts next WCs and Olympics in Taipei also, so CHN politicians must take a stand if they want to look backward to the history or forward into the future and shiny gold medals... :)

3. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Hehe, it is a strange "love-hate" relationship between the two countries.
    While they share the same culture and languages, but they are on the opposite
    side politically.

The majority of Taiwanese do not like communism system ...

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup, totally agree. We'll see what China can do if it is so;)

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

RI juniors to make the best of China’s absence at worlds

Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 10/20/2011 8:02 AM

The absence of badminton powerhouse China at the upcoming World Junior Badminton Championships in Taoyuan City, Taiwan, provides an opportunity for the Indonesian junior shuttlers to bring home more gold medals.

“Their absence is an excellent opportunity. China has been dominant in almost all of the sectors. Now, a golden opportunity is wide open in four sectors: the men’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles,” the coach for the junior squad, Bambang Supriyanto, said on Wednesday.

“Hopefully, we can shine in those individual events,” said Bambang.

The Indonesian youngsters will depart for Taoyuan City on Oct. 25 to attend the world junior championships, which will take place from Oct. 28 to Nov. 6.

The first four days of the tournament will feature the team events, while the remaining days will host the individual events, offering a total of five gold medals.

It was not clear why China pulled out from among the 24 participating countries, though reports suggest it is due to the political situation between the Chinese and Taiwanese governments.

Last year in Mexico City, China was the defending champion and won the Suhandinata Cup by defeating South Korea (3-0) in the team final, while Malaysia snatched third place after beating Indonesia 3-2.

========================================
    Full article : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/20/ri-juniors-make-best-china-s-absence-worlds.html

#45 CLELY, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

INA WJC Team :cool::D

thumb-galery orisntl 1.jpg

thumb-galery orisntl 3.jpg
    thumb-galery orisntl 4.jpg
    thumb-galery orisntl 5.jpg
    thumb-galery orisntl 6.jpg

Coach Sigit and Bambang :D
    thumb-galery orisntl 2.jpg

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Badminton: Girls Expected to Help Lead the Way for Indonesia
    Ami Afriatni | October 19, 2011

While Indonesia’s women in the senior national team are struggling in international tournaments, their juniors are expected to spearhead Indonesia’s team at next week’s World Junior Championships in Taiwan.

The Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) sent 20 shuttlers to Taoyuan City for the event, which runs Oct. 28 to Nov. 6, and expects at least individual gold medals from boys singles and girls doubles.

With China absent from the tournament for unspecified reasons, Indonesia also has a good chance to lift the Suhandinata Cup in the team event, but head coach Bambang Supriyanto said the focus was on individuals.

“We have a better chance on winning gold in individual events, so we’ll put our efforts toward making sure of that,” Bambang said on Wednesday.

Girls doubles pair Suci Rizki Andini and Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah will be the country’s best bet as they won the Asian Youth Under-19 Championships in Lucknow, India, in July.

“This will be our last junior championship because next year we have to move to the senior level because of our age. We want to close our junior years with something great,” said Tiara, 18.

Bambang said he believed the pair could clinch the title, especially with Chinese shuttlers playing in the Asian Championships. “Right now they are the best girls doubles [pair] in the world. I have no doubt about that,” he said.

Sheshar Hiren Rustavito and Riyanto Subagja are Indonesia’s top hopes in boys singles.

In boys and mixed doubles, Bambang said shuttlers were expected to reach the semifinals. Mixed doubles pair Lukhi Apri Nugroho and Ririn Amelia have a good chance at gold as they also won an Asian youth title.

While the PBSI did not set a target for girls singles, Elizabeth Purwaningtyas has her own ambitions. “I want to reach at least the last eight. I was able to do that in India,” she said.

source : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/spor...ted-to-help-lead-the-way-for-indonesia/472727

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Duet Suci-Tiara Become INA main hope at WJC
    read here : http://tempointeraktif.com/hg/raket/2011/10/19/brk,20111019-362224,id.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope Suci-Tiara can win the WJC title this year as this will be the last year for them to play in WJC, they have become runner up in WJC 2009 and win AJC 2011 title. Good luck Suci-Tiara!

9. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

Lol, as a Taiwanese-American, I would argue that while similar, Taiwan's culture is not completely the same as China's. An appropriate analogy to describe the nuances of Taiwan and China would be akin to the relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom (behavior, accent, etc). Also, I'm pretty sure no Taiwanese people like communism, and probably many Chinese don't like it either. With that being said, I think its hilarious that as such a small country, Taiwan can anger/influence such a large "powerhouse" so easily through the simple action of displaying our national flag. China's sports associations and government are both immature and pathetic (with all the match-fixing, age cover-ups, you name it...corruption to the max.). Frankly, I'm totally fine if they decide not to show up at this year's WJC (assuming its for political reasons). Their loss.

10. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I am with you. I am a Taiwanese-American too ... :p

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

12. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I hate how BWF is so slow at putting things up on TS now -_- Is there a list of players/draws for individs yet? What about the ts for the team event?

13. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Perhaps a DBA with magic fingers can do world wonders and make all events visible ... :D

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Read today Ng Ka Long (HKG) won the boys singles event and will play at the WJC ...

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

He did not play the team event.

The tournament turned out to be a war of attribution. The top players were exhausted from team events and the tight schedule. Many favorites lost unexpectedly or barely got through.

Anyway, I don't think CHN should skip. Just speculate on the reason.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haven't seen any other results just that he beat Guo Kai in three, taking the last two sets ...

The full team list for Suhandinata Cup is already online in a pdf . Some weak pools and some group of deaths I see, inevitable I guess (fly all the way to Taipei and still play European opponents ...). The Finnish team has been doing quite well lately on the euro junior circuit. The German team barely has anyone left I think from the team that became European Junior Champion earlier this year by beating Denmark in the final. Russia also losing a few players and not looking strong. Netherlands has two good XD's but you can play only one so doesn't help much :D, should be no problem for Denmark to win the group.
    Thailand v England might be interesting, Ratchanok is on the list so perhaps an early exit at the French means she might still play.
    Turkey vs Indonesia could be interesting

#56 demolidor, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

19. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo

[​IMG]

Arief Gifar Ramadhan