P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Its really bad to hear this.. This is what i call lagging in the sport system in our country.. Where as the country like china taking care of sports persons completely.. But here, you need to run for sponsors, finance assistance etc etc. You have to worry about your studies, career everything.. I am completely worrying about the sportspersons here.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh is it?.. I did not really know that some other player also took part in qualifiers of superseries tournaments.. Whatever you say, my mind is completely out of the number of players taking part in the tournaments.. We are second populated country in the world.. Huhhh .. what can we say.. Let us hope atleast some of our young talents prove in the ongoing world junior championship, which will open the eyes of many youngsters in our country. What do you say?

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sindhu is presently ranked #24 in the BWF rankings. She gets direct entry into any SS or SSP event she participates in. The next WS player from India is Neha Pandit, currently ranked 100.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

On another note: BWF penalty for non-participation for ranked/seeded players. If I'm not mistaken, the BWF levies the penalty on the Member Association. It is up to the Association to recover from the player, or work out whatever they want to, with the player.

As far as Indian badminton goes, I believe that private enterprise is taking much more interest in the game and the players. The appropriate thread for this would be:
    india badminton

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sorry for choosing wrong thread to discuss about this..

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    :D no need to apologise! :D It's just that such a subject becomes more relevant to that thread. ;)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Back in action, Sindhu raring to go at Hong Kong and China

PTI | Nov 9, 2012
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Hong-Kong-and-China/articleshow/17156290.cms

Excerpts:

HYDERABAD: Returning to action after a month-long break due to a knee injury, young shuttler P V Sindhu is hoping to do well in the Hong Kong Open and China Open to be held later this month.

"Right now, I am having Hong Kong and China. I wish that I give my best and play well. My preparations are going on well. I hope to give my 100 per cent in those tournaments," Sindhu, who will leave for the events tomorrow, told PTI here.

The 17-year-old Sindhu had skipped the World Junior Badminton Championships in Japan due to inflammation in her right knee.

...Sindhu considers her height (she 5 fit 10 inch tall) as a strength which enables her to produce powerful attacking strokes against the rivals.

"Strengths are, as I am tall, the attacking strokes are powerful. Weakness, in the sense, nothing like that. But in the front and all and it is not a weak point that I am not able to make it. But, I am practicing on those strokes. But it is not that hard," she said.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu lost in the first round itself to Eriko Hirose with the score board showing
    20-22,21-14,19-21 . But the strange thing here was sindhu's total aggregate points scored against Hirose was more than the japan player.
    60 points to 57 . Nice statistics right. :D
    Sindhu will get this experience to move ahead in the coming tournaments. Rubber game in this match was close fought one.:(

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

She has been losing a lot of close matches like this recently. She needs to remain calm under pressure situations. In China masters she blew it big time by smashing into the net during critical period, some of them simple tap ins but wasted.

BTW, point stats does not mean anything, a win is a win, games won is all that matters.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I just showed the statistical data. thats all. I think that wont take away the win from Eriko hirose..:) Meanwhile.. I saw the rubber game alone. She fought excellently. If you are playing a player like Eriko who is an excellent deceptive player, sindhu done an amazing job. Even she was down with 15-19 in the decider, she came back to equalise it. But could not make it. But this time, i found a lots of improvement in her style of play. Lets see how she does in the coming tournaments.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Good going sindhu. She has entered the semifinals of India Open GPG tournament by beating Febbi Anguni convincingly 21-13, 21-17. She is going to meet Sapsiree of Thailand in the semifinals.:)

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    There is an interview of her recently to Sportskeeda which i want to share here.

"http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/12/21/beating-li-xuerui-was-the-happiest-moment-of-my-life-p-v-sindhu-interview/"

EXCERPTS:

How was it beating Li Xuerui? Well, honestly I did not expect that I would beat her, that too in her own country. Of course, she is an Olympic gold medallist and has been playing at the highest level of the sport for a long time now. I wasn’t scared. I just knew that I had to give my best and I played my natural game and won against her.

Has there been a change in your game plan and style of play in the last one year? Earlier I used to extend my games to build my stamina. But now, with more tournaments, I am learning to adapt to different game styles for different players. It keeps changing from time to time and from tournament to tournament. The important thing is to adapt. If you do that, then the rest is easy.
    [​IMG]

I wish you all the best for your dream come true . You are so young. Do hard training and make better in the court.
    :)

No need to mention about her. She is a very hard trainer. She used to travel more than 100 kms (to and fro ) for her training. This itself is enough to prove her loyalty to the sport. Wonderful girl. :)

#211 scorpion1, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu skipped her elder sister's marriage to play today's game proved her love for the game. Excellent. She won the game against Thailand player and entered her maiden final of a GPG.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...den-Grand-Prix-final/articleshow/17720954.cms

Excerpts:

"I am very happy to reach this final. I want to win it now. I will give my level best to win this time. I played well in today's match giving my 100 per cent. I am very thankful to my coach without whom this would not have been possible. It was a good match and had a lot of long rallies,"

"I played her last year too and I lost that time. I had fever and a hamstring problem then," the Indian said.

Sindhu is confident of winning her final against Fanetri. She had beaten the Indonesian in the qualification rounds of the All England Open earlier this year.

"I have played her and have beaten her. I expect it to be a good match,"

Sindhu said the winning the title will be the perfect gift for her sister P Divya's wedding.

"Yeah I will be missing her wedding. I can't help it now having reached the final. I will try to win the tournament and give it as a gift to her,"

All the best for your final match tomorrow. I wish your dream come true.:)

14. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Okeee... I wonder if her sister thinks so too :lol: Anyway, good luck Sindhu!

15. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    PVS struggling against Lindaweni ranked 33 in the world...has to pull up socks if she wants to get into the top 20!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

-

16. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    She couldnt after giving a tough fight... Donno whats up with playing against defensive players, that used to be school badminton just toss the shuttle upto the baseline and wait to see what the opponent does and here the aggressive oponents just go on making misktakes... Minatsu and Linda both won their titles with such tactics... if it works why not ploy that....

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Total tactical failure by the coach and player.
    Lindaweni was ready and waiting for all the lifts to the backhand corner, it was so predictable.
    By the time she tried to mix it up, it was just too late.

If Sindhu had played her normal game she would have won the game. She was more obsessed to put pressure of her opponents back which I dont think was really hurting her that much as she could move just fine.

Yet another 3 game loss, deja vu
    :confused:

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    PV Sindhu falters in final of Syed Modi GP

IANS | Dec 23, 2012
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...inal-of-Syed-Modi-GP/articleshow/17732267.cms

Excerpts:

LUCKNOW: Second seed and favourite PV Sindhu of India failed to come out victorious in a thrilling women's singles summit clash Sunday at the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold badminton event here, going down to Indonesian seventh seed Lindaweni Fanetri.

...The decider was a thriller as it proved to be a neck-and-neck tie. But from 10-all Fanetri took the initiative, not giving too many opportunities, taking the lead 14-10.

The second seed fought back with some excellent cross-court smashes and levelled at 16-all, going on to take the lead in the match for the final time (17-16). But Fanetri won the next five out of six points to clinch the game and match in an exciting battle.

"Sindhu plays really well and, considering she is only 17, she has lot of titles to win in the future," said the winner.

Being the favourite, Sindhu was short of words at her loss.

"I really can't say much," said a teary eyed Sindhu.

"She played well and did not give me too many opportunities to attack. I also made many errors which really took the game away from me. The match had too many rallies and Fanetri was defending well too.

"I got a bit nervous too at the end when she levelled at 17-all in the third game. I am thankful for the support and I am really sorry that I lost today," added Sindhu.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Whether she lost or won, she already won so many hearts. With this runner up, she would have got valuable points which makes her to enter top 20(especially for your notice Be there to see it). I think may be she will reach 15 or 16 th rank in the list. :).. No need to laugh loudly:rolleyes:.. She has proved already in the courts beating Li Xuerui. Her biggest win in her whole year:D;):). Still you need any example to prove her potential???.:D.