Victor VS-850 Nanotec String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sealman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Are there any VS850 strings in green available?
    Not lime green. Something like grass green. Just the "normal" green :p

If yes, where to get?

Does someone know when NS 880 will be available? They will release it also in a lucifer green. Would looks awesome with an Arcsaber10 PG with green overgrips :cool:

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    As far as I know, the only non-neon green green string is an Ashaway.....I think Microlegend XL or something like that? Used it a couple of years ago, it was a nice string.

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

XL is 0,7 or 0,72mm I thought. I like it sharper :p

I have VS850 on my SW37 actually, but it's too loose now (since 3 months or more on the racket).
    The feeling was somewhat of incredible in the beginning. But usually I only change the strings after 5 / 6 months, because I'm not a pro - I let the stringer string the rackets with a tension of 10kg (22-23lbs).
    So this would piss me off to change strings that frequently...
    On the other hand... I'm so excited to test the strings with my ordered BS LYD :D Superb string and hopefully superb racket ;)

Whatever! I can't imagine what kwun means with "vs850 which is ultimate in feel but hard on the body".
    VS850 stated as medium feeling, but the string itself is stiff and hard? :confused:

Probably I will wait for the new NS880 or NS660 (both available in lucifer green :D). I hope they're going to release them soon... I really don't wanna wait 2 months or more... Especially it's my go to racket *lol* -> need to switch to VT80 (BG66UM) for the next 2 months...

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Lucifer green is 'neon' or fluorescent greeny-yellow, not a 'green' as in forest green type green.

Actually looks like Ashaway has stopped making the Microlegend in green (Not XL version, 0.68) anyway. Pity, it was a nice string.

5. netplay sports

netplay sports New Member

Sports Shop
    I like VS850 very much!

6. dhomosapien

dhomosapien Regular Member

Had my BS12 strung with 850 at 28x26 around four months ago. Did not use it very often.
    Tension feels playable right now. Any estimates on what this tension might be?

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Probaly 25-26 lbs.

8. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    well, i've played with my sw37 using vs850 for 3 hours session... here's my review based on my own experience using it:

1. i found out that this string is easilly losing tension.. i strung it with 28lbs and after 2-3 days i can feel the tension is decreasing...

2. this string is quite hard and totally different from my bg66/um... i still need to get used to it... well, for several games i played, it's quite difficult for me to feel the shuttle when playing at the front court... it needs more energy to feel my normal hitting... and i found it hard to control my placement of shuttle ... as i mention, i need extra effort to push the shuttle... the only good thing is, i love this string when playing fast drive... :)

maybe i will give another 3 hours session and try to get used to it... and after that, i will decide whether to go back to my bg66/um or stick with vs850... for now, i think it doesnt suits my game... will give it another chance this weekend... :) imho, i rated this as 3 1/2 out of 6 stars :)

9. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I just got my MX80 with this string at 26lbs and that combo is just amazing. Played 3 hours last night, will play again on Saturday. I am currently using BG80 at 27lbs on a Trinity Pro and a Ti-10.

10. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    I gave up on this string :eek:
    Initial tension was 28lbs pre-stretch 10% for the first 4 session of 3 hours each the string is superb. Feel/bite was superb, net shot is just low and tight. Power is almost excellent but the one that gives me the biggest power is still Zymax62.

After that everything is just downhill. The string feels like it just hit a truck and loses all the tension. The string bed feels tight but something is just not right in fact nothing was right then. Just couldn't get 'connected' with the string.

Then it some how 'recovers' become superb again for another 2 session and then it 'died' again. This time it did not 'revive' anymore. Can't take it anymore just cut it.

11. dhomosapien

dhomosapien Regular Member

Hmm.. thanks. May go for that tension in another string.

The string's initial feel is too hard for me.
    Requires a good warm up too before the feel comes alive, 21pts or so. Otherwise it just feels dead...

12. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Guys, can someone briefly tell me the different between 2-knots and 4 knots? What is the pros and cons of having each of them?

13. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Sorry bro, forgot to tell u the losing tension part :( VS-850 is (in)famous for losing tension. While all strings drop tension to some degree (2-3 lbs), VS-850 is particularly the case. Kwun had a post in this thread justifying the loss of tension, however be aware he is a very good stringer, and he has done everything to prevent tension loss, (pre-stretch, ECP, probably MX-80 stringing pattern). If you had a lousy stringer, the tension loss will be even more:(

The VS-850 will feel very different to BG66UM. However given its harder feeling I was surprised to hear it's difficult to feel the shuttle, but at least its playability doesn't suffer the longer you play - BG66UM will gradually lose tension and become "dead", but it is a superb string when "fresh".

An alternative string I would recommend is Zymax 67. Very good at holding tension:)

Just curious, how do you rate BG80 out of 6 stars?

#153 zombie0517, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  14. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    well bro, i've given another 3 houars try last night, and dont be surprised to hear that, it really doesnt suit me... :( here's my review again:

1.i think the tension is dropping rapidly this time... i think somewhere between 4-5 lbs... the string moves from its original position almost everytime i hit the shuttle...

2.cant feel the shuttle... every time i smash or drive, i just can feel bouncing shuttle... sounds funny but once again, my placement was awful... not enough power generated coz i think the string lost its tension and once again it doesnt suits my game play... and i can feel my string is dead... no feeling at all... dont know why...

conclusion: after the session, i decided to CUT THE STRING hehehe... dont get me wrong, i didnt say that this string is worst, probably it doesnt suits me or mixture of both elements... :) well, maybe im going back to my classic bg66 or bg66um... for this session, i give vs850 performance 2 1/2 stars...

for bg80, i cant say much on this string bro coz i never use it... i mostly use 0.66/0.65/0.64/0.63 strings... but i heard my friend told me it's a good string...

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    This has got to be one of the strangest reviews I've ever read. vS850 has superb tactility and feel off the stringbed - poll the people who have used it and posted on this thread and it would be hard not to argue that it's the best feeling 0.68 family string out there.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ agreed... i'd question the stringing job

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I dunno.....I think it's out of SmasherKings area of expertise.

VS850 has a few faults, but feel and tactility isn't one of them. In fact, it brings much needed feel and tactility to rackets like the MX80 and SW35 that desperately need some tempering.

I didn't like it in my C7 even before the tension drop because the C7 is already such a tactile and well damped racket (ZM67 is much better in this instance), but for the MX80 for example, it would be tough to recommend anything else from the 0.68 stable.

I think if you can afford it, if you're hooked on VS850 and play competition, you really need 2-3 identical rackets strung with it. If you've only got one, you'd be tempted to let it drop and drop till you can't stand it any more, and then your game will be up the creek when you finally do get around to the restring.

18. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    yup bro, regarding string job, i have little knowledge on that area .. :) my review was mainly based on what i felt on court while using the string... not to blame the stringer nor the string itself... i guess it's because im used to play with thinner string, therefore i found it hard to adjust with the thicker one... i've read the previous reviews given on this string and i agree that this string has a good quality , and if it's suits the player then it will gives extra punch to the game... im not sure if the string suits with certain game play or type of rackets but for my own game and feel, it doesnt suit me... i think i prefer thinner string ... maybe one day i will give a try to vs650 (0.66) who knows :) ...

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Usually I need a tension of 10kg. Would you recommend to string my new coming racket with 10,5 or 11kg?

It would be interesting what the tension loss curve would look like a in a graphical diagram. Probably the highest tension loss is in the beginning. The bigger question is then: How much (in kg) does the tensione lose effectively?

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    after i tried this string on my racket sw35,sw37&bs12, this string is good for control because of the feel, but for smashing(repulsion) there is more better string out there.