Adidas badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ieim_17, Jan 23, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I assure you those things are correct. The EUR Adidas sizes go up by 2/3 instead of .5. And here in Germany, we use the metric system and commas with decimals, not dots. UK size is 11.5 for the messy unorganized countries :p

2. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Thank you for the clarification.

Man, I'm stuck in a very difficult position. I have no way of testing out the shoes prior to ordering. I'm afraid of getting the wrong size. I can't think of any other way to further improve the odds that I'll get the right size. You got any suggestions?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Stick with your usual UK size. Just had a look for confirmation - all my shoes are 11.5 UK. The 46 Yonex, the 45.5 Victor, the 46 2/3 adidas. All fit well, with the Yonex and adidas being a tad more roomy (which isn't too bad - this way I don't have to go through 1-2 weeks of pain :D)

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about the CM size /JP sizes? All the same as well?

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

29.5cm for the adidas/Victor, 30.0 for the Yonex. Not sure though if 29.5 might not fit me as well there...but so far, I've always played with 46/30.0/11.5UK, all 9 pairs :D If I were to order Yonex again, I'd sure try a smaller size, but that's a very unlikely scenario :D

6. Sgt_Strider

j4ckie,

MBS still isn't carrying Adidas shoes yet, but SH is. However, their site list the sizes in Japanese. I don't know how they translate into UK or US sizes.

Furthermore, are you aware of any other shoes that have a similar fit to the BT Feather? I suppose if there is a popular shoe out there that is available globally, I can then go out and try them out to get an even greater impression of which size will ultimately fit me. I hate buying shoes online in general just because sizes vary amongst the brands out there. I could sure use your help since you clearly have more experience with badminton shoes than me!

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why don't you go find an Adidas store (which i am sure there is one in Heaven), and then try out the size? don't need to be badminton shoes, look for something similar, indoor court shoes, tennis shoes, etc.

8. Sgt_Strider

I actually have several pair of Adidas shoes at home, but they're for running and training. I'm not sure if the BT Feather will have a similar sizing with Adidas' other running shoes. You really think their tennis shoes will have a similar sizing scheme as their badminton shoes?

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Your Adidas shoes should have a JP size on the label/box as well ...

10. Sgt_Strider

So any pair of Adidas 9.5 US that I have should match up with the BT Feather then?

11. Sgt_Strider

Earlier today, I tried out two pairs of Adidas Stabils US 9 and US 9.5. Both pair of shoes fit my feet. The 9 was the tighter fit. There was about 3.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe for the 9.5 US. For the 9 US, there was about 1.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe. So if you were me, would you go with the 9 US or the 9.5 US assuming the BT Feather have similar sizing to the Adidas Stabil?

One other thing and that is whether the 9.5 US is actually wider than 9 US? Does the number only correspond to length or width is taken into consideration?

Thx!

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Just to share with you guys I wear US11 for my Adidas badminton shoes and US10/US10.5 for Yonex. Personally I find Adidas badminton shoes are rather narrow at the front.

13. Sgt_Strider

I forgot to mention that the Japanese sizing that was listed on the shoes were JP270 for US9 and JP275 for US9.5. I'm assuming that's in mm since no units were listed. Shuttle House list their shoe sizes in cm so I just want a confirmation that the unit is indeed in mm so that I can request the right shoe size from SH.

Thx!

14. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

By deductive reasoning, yes it is mm. I cannot see it being anything else.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd definitely go with the US9, 1.5cm at the front is still a lot. I have 1cm and I often get a very 'remote' feeling when touching the floor. Adidas shoes have a pretty thick and slightly stiff sole at the front, no need to add to that by wearing a noticeably too large shoe.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Shoes also go up in width as the length increases but 3.5cm is way too much (how can you even still push off??). Surprised there can be 2cm difference from one size as it only corresponds with 0.5cm larger foot length :D[​IMG]
    I tried a pair that was two sizes up I guess and left me with a thumbnail space in front which I guess is ~1.5cm and feel quite roomy but still manageable. Just found out that was actually 28.5cm so I'm good with 28cm from now one :)

#136 demolidor, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

You should get the 9US lengthwise (at most) but it does not necessarily mean the model's widths are the same. Kwun mentioned his BT Feather also felt tight at first and when worn in feel good ...

You should get a different model rather than size up all the way till the width fits.

18. Sgt_Strider

How about the width of your shoes? Is your feet slightly wider than your shoes? If there's one issue with US9, it's that my feet are ever so slightly wider than the shoes so it pushes the shoe out by maybe 0.25 cm or so if that even make any sense. It's just something that I notice when I examined the fit every carefully. I also had to loosen up the laces quite a bit in order to get my feet in. I also didn't use the upper most holes for the laces. So the laces start from the second highest holes (from ankle down to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about) to the end of the shoes. If I go with US 9.5, my feet is probably 0.1-0.2cm wider than the shoe, but obviously even more space for the length of the shoe. The laces can start from the very top or first pair of holes to the end of the shoe. In Kwun's words, the US9 fits my feet like a glove and I still haven't factored in the break-in period. So should I still go with US9 then?

19. Sgt_Strider

lol! It's a rough estimate! I didn't have a ruler on hand! Base on my response to j4ckie, is it normal for my feet to be about 0.25cm wider than the shoe so that it'll expand when worn? I haven't factored in the break-in period so maybe the shoes will also expand over a period of time?

20. Sgt_Strider

Get a different model? Base on what I said, it's either US9 or US9.5 right? US8.5 would surely be too small and US10 will be too big as the gap between my big toe and the end of the shoes will further increase.