Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. agozz

agozz Regular Member

IT
    3u is 4-5 gram heavier than 4u..
    hence, fast movement smashing and defends (doubles) is good with 4u.. of cos have to sacrifice a bit the smash power..
    while 3u normally most suitable with singles...

2. Cattex

Cattex Regular Member

The VT80 is strung at 23llbs and the AT700 at 24 both with BG80 - but I think when the string on the VT80 breaks I'll raise it to 25, although I might go for 26.

I always found the AT700 just that bit too slow on defence for me. The VT80 is just that bit better yet the balance points for both my copies are virtually identical (perhaps because the VT80 is G4 and the AT700 is G3). Also the sweet spot on the VT80 is much more forgiving.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Tried it last week. I could not stand it, too head heavy for me as I'm a diehard NS9900 user. Perhaps I should try the 4U next time. That said it's the most powerful head heavy racket I ever tried.

4. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Well then, it seems you've found a better replacement for the old AT700:cool:.

5. mikesalim

mikesalim Regular Member

IT
    Hi All,

I saw the VT80 in the shuttle-house.com I wonder if it is a JP version or SP/IP version?

Do you know what is the difference between JP and SP/IP version?

I'm living in Australia, anyone have experience to buy racket from shuttle-house shipped to Australia?

Regards,
    Michael S

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I stand by what I wrote on VT80. I believe it's the best racquet I've ever played with. And I did hit better smashes with VT80.

If my retailer gave me a racquet to test and I didn't like it, then I would say so. My blog is not controlled by Yonex.

I'm currently testing Voltric 5 & 7 and I certainly won't be giving them the review I wrote for VT80. I'll be publishing my review of VT7 by Friday.

Players seem to forget that we are all different. We have different builds, muscle structure, techniques, styles, likes and dislikes. Consequently, we all feel racquets differently. I write my reviews based on my feelings because that's all I can do, and so does every other player who reviews a racquet.

I've been in the fortunate position that I can test lots of racquets and therefore can compare racquets easier than some. I'm no more special than that.

Players can get too hung up with reviews and forget the above points. After all, if you like head light racquets, why on earth would you consider buying a head heavy racquet based on a review?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. gollywog

gollywog Regular Member

Well said paul,
    I think some of the people here get hung up on rackets too much altogether and not enough on actually playing the game.....

8. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    not all the people here in BC have not enough experience on playing the game
    I think I spent enough time already
    FYI I've started playing badminton more than 20 years ago when I was very young and just starting to go through puberty
    frankly along the way I've lose here and there but I've scalp quite a few coaches (not pro coach) and ex club players (not pro players) also ;)

#668 jump-smash, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  9. gollywog

gollywog Regular Member

Yes, thats exectly why i said "SOME" people!!! :)

10. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    yes I've notice
    that's why I bold "some" when I quoted you
    don't worry no offense taken from you :)

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    You're right that there are some players who haven't the experience. However, you have to gain experience through trial and error as we have.

I've bought many racquets in the past and found that i didn't like them. It proves that following the crowd rarely works and you have to find out what works for you.

I'll guess that there are so many players that can beat me at badminton these days. But, I'm now 47, haven't played properly in 20+ years, do not train, but still love the game. Consequently, I'd be an easy target.

But, the only reason i have a racquet in my hand is to teach others and not to play. I can spot an incorrect grip from across the badminton hall and work with players from intermediate to advanced level and always find something new to teach them. I'm certainly not here these days to play competitively.

i know some players who still haven't found the racquet they love. There again, some players don't spend any time testing racquets to find out what works for them.

It's one of the reasons I love this game so much - there are so many variables in both racquet selection, player preferences, styles etc - you just never run out of things to learn.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. edvine

edvine Regular Member

agozz i bought it at pertama complex badminton world at RM 650 with BG66 and karakal grip as well... but he told me tat normally 3U only but out of 100 pcs they manage to get 2 or 3 pcs 4U. dunno true or not la.

13. edvine

edvine Regular Member

our man agozz is correct, 3U is a bit heavier and more suitable for double. as i m not a pro player and mostly playing double tat y i buy 4U. but i can say tis is very personal preference...sorry for late reply cos been away few days...

14. edvine

edvine Regular Member

typo error

our man agozz is correct, 3U is a bit heavier and more suitable for single . as i m not a pro player and mostly playing double tat y i buy 4U. but i can say tis is very personal preference...sorry for late reply cos been away few days...

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bros: If VT 80 of Yonex BP is 305mm, how about N90 1st generation ?

Compare this two racket , which one is more head heavy and stiffer ?

The one that is stiffer & head heavy , I will more likely getting it soon !

16. agozz

agozz Regular Member

IT
    wow! Pertama is really expensive man.. i heard hock end bangi can offer RM579.. will check this weekend if got time.. huhu..

17. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    --> at pertama complex badminton world at RM 650 :eek::eek:

lol..mine is only rm 560 - plain... but even with string - rm 28 to rm 30 plus, and grip ( rm 8 ) ...stilllllll highhhhhhhhhhhhh leh....

18. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

I bought VT80 at Hock Eng last two week for RM560. Strung with BG66UM for RM35 + free Karakal Grip.

19. Racqman

Racqman Regular Member

Wow, good deal!

I bought mine slightly higher at RM 575.00. Price for VT80 + BG80 + Karakal Grip.

20. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    i think it's his typo error.... Rm 560 = 650 ? lol.....