Yonex ArcSaber 9 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by silentheart, Sep 27, 2008.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No, I mean plays like Cab30. Feel a little more softer and user friendly. Hope this clear it up.

2. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Aww... yeah forgive my misread :p... I believe you've said they're different xD... But yes they're made for girls eh? Or a weak powered guys? (Since you said you're losing power? In theory that means you're too strong? CMIIW)

3. pinko888

pinko888 New Member

Was thinking of getting either ARC 9 or Armotec 900 Technique......can anyone advise??

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Get a Arc 9 since your name is pinko888.:D It will definitely suit you.

But seriously, if you want over-all goodness, go for Arc 9. If you a more solid feel and more boom with your smashes, go with AT900T. Beware though, they are completely different.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Just wondering, do you think that this is a good racket for a girl that has just recently started playing badminton since its forgiving and user friendly?

My girlfriend likes the design so she wants one :p

6. silentheart

My suggestion is, no. The racquet is too expensive for a beginner. If she like the color, try NS100, I believe it has a pink one.
    On the other hand, if you have other motive, it does bring out the sparkle in her eye and tell her she look sooooo cute with the ARC-9. Just like the pink ranger. (then she will know you have Power Ranger Fetish...)

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I know its an expensive racket for a beginner but putting money aside for a moment, is it a good racket for her? She will be definitely using it for a while and will learn how to play properly.

8. silentheart

I can not give you a yes or no answer since I never seen here play. You only give the info that she just started to play so I assume she is a beginner.
    1) How well do you know her athletic ability? If yes, you know her ability well and she can learn very quick, then go to #2. Otherwise, the racquet is not for her.
    2) Does she really enjoy the game when she play? What I mean is does a) she enjoy it because you are playing with her. Or b) she like the game and want to go out and play hard and beat up some one or yell at you if you miss a shot. If b) then go to #3. Otherwise, no.
    3) How often and how long does she play? If total hr is <4 hr a week, then no. Otherwise, goto #4.
    4) Demo the racquet. If she can hit a clear from mid court out of the other base line, then yes, other wise, may be...

This is just a general rule of thumb for a user friendly, higher end racquets. The goal of these rule is to determine if the investment is worth it or not. Not if it fits a user or not.
    Sound to me she like the graphic. So I really question if she really interest in the game or not.

9. druss

druss Regular Member

Realistically, the graphics on a racket should not be the decision maker. My wife plays as much as I do, if at a lower level, but she would not want this racket just due to the price. She's a good social player but the only time she has competed was in college intramurals (we did win the mixed doubles that year though). She currently uses an old Ti-5 but hates playing with any of mine (more due to the high string tension than anything else).

On the other hand I do know a fairly good girl playing at my club that uses the arc9, it's her go to racket but 1. she bought it herself and 2. she has the ability to use it.

On the other hand, I know a lot of girls that own multiple $300 purses so a $200 racket is not bad in comparison.

So in general, hey if you can afford it and she wants to play with it then go for it. It will make her happy and that's worth some money, even if she never plays up to the ability.

10. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Thanks silentheart and druss, she really is a beginner but eager to learn and play. I know it might not be the best idea to get her the arc9. I'll try it too and post up what I think about the racket too :p

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    ryim, why dun you get her a Arc9 clone eg the Apacs Edgesaber 9? Similar paintjob and cost approx. 1/3 of the Arc9. But would she be upset if its not Yonex? :)

12. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yeah, I thought about that too but I'm not too sure where I can find one in HK. I just saw the Arc5 here on BCF and I'm thinking that may actually suit her more. If its going to be purple (like in the picture) then I think she will like it even more than the 9 :)

13. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    I would like to try the Arc5 myself as well haha!

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Kwun Special

Couldn't find much Arc9 period in the equipment section so assuming this one hadn't been posted yet(?). Thought Kwun would be interested :p. Seems to be another limited edition like that NS7000BP (and now that I'm writing this BP probably stands for Badminton-PSU [​IMG]). Is out already so not the upcoming new Arc9 ...

Attached Files:

#54 demolidor, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010