Klippermate M140 size and wight

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by dorysan, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

Hi guys,
    can some M140 users give me some info about the sizes and the wight of that machine?

thank you,
    Dory.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you just email Klipper USA for that info? They are open for another 3 hours. By the way, the cost to ship to you will be too much and not worth it.

3. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

My uncle is currently in the US, so i wont pay for shipping.

4. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    If you take it apart, the longest part would about 60 cm. It could be put in carray on. But it is made of solid steel, so it is heavy, I believe it is over 20 lbs.

5. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

thank you very much, maybe you can teach me how to take it apart?

maybe you have any other suggestions? some time ago i talked to the biggest badminton shop (Victor stuff mostly) and the CHEAPEST machine cost "only" 3000NIS=811USD$ (2 pt ,weight machine)

#5 dorysan, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    Take it apart is not a problem. every one could do it . When you buy it , it comes in pieces anyway, It needs to be assembled.

But you may try http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_62&products_id=337. The shop is in Hongkong, I order my clamps and strings from them. The price includes shipping worldwide.

You may try http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20030
    There are many online shop from UK. I saw they have stringing machine, the shipping could be cheaper to Israel.

7. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

Thank you,
    very helpful info! ;)

8. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I did the same thing as you, I had a friend order it from Klipper, and then another friend who was in US at the time brought it back to the UK as hand luggage.

I told him how big it was, but forgot to mention the weight. I got an ear-ful of complaints :rolleyes: It's really heavy, at least 8-10 kg I think.

Mine came already assembled in a fairly small box, ready to go straight out of the box. There are quite a few accessories, like the clamps, awl, etc. But the box is a thinnish, long rectangular shape, so pretty easy to carry under the arm.

This was about 10 years ago. Maybe carry-on luggage sizes are smaller now but my friend had no problems getting it on the plane.

Tip: the awl is a pretty lethal-looking metal spike. You might wanna take it out of the box and put it in the stowaway luggage.

Oh, and I love my Klippermate. I've tried two other 6 point machines but overall I still prefer the Klippermate for accuracy and simplicity. My friend has a professional electronic machine which cost more than $5,000. It's much much faster than the Klippermate, but I only use it for my own rackets, and it takes around 40 minutes so it's fine for doing one racket every month or so. In all the years I've been using the Klippermate, I've only broken one racket, and that was from a ridiculously heavy racket clash which destroyed both frames instantly. The Yonex Nanospeed I'm using now has over 30 paint chips from clashes (basically no paint left!) but the frame is fine. I've got rackets I bought in 1997 which I still use.

And you can't beat the economics. I paid around $140 for mine, and it paid for itself in less than 6 months. The only downside: friends will hassle you for urgent stringing when they can't get to their usual store :)

9. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

140$?
    maybe you remember the shop?
    i found M140 for 200$! and its really big difference !

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

11. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    To me that's a plus, helping out a fellow badminton fanatic: priceless.