RKEP Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blindfury, Jan 29, 2013.

1. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Looking forward to your review! How stiff is XP-70? Can you compare it with some other of your rackets?

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I will update tonight. I had grip issues yesterday as I picked up both rackets on my way to the club. I ended up only gripping the BS12 almost 30 minutes before the end of the night and only gripped the XP70 after I came home.

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Okay so here's an ongoing assessment and not a conclusive opinion!
    I spent 1 hour with the XP70 and the other hour with the BS12N....

XP70 (87g/300mm BP - ZM65 @ 24lbs - G08 .75mm overgrip)

• feels solid like the MX-JJS I owned
    • uncannily fast for a racket that feels like a Meteor
    • stiffness is between MX-JJS and Vt-80
    • good feedback just like most Victor rackets

Currently the Thruster K8000 is my magic racket so I'm not going to compare the BS12N or the XP70 to it until I have at least 8-10 hours on each.

But I'm definitely not disappointed with my purchase of the XP70 or the BS12N.
    I'm still getting used to both but I'm happy to say I'm not suffering any timing issues which is a good sign to me.

4. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Looking forward to your continued assessment! Hm if it is stiffer than the Mx JJS it might be a little too stiff for me. In the process of deciding whether to pull the trigger or not, hehe...

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It's less stiff than the JJS.

6. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Sorry I misunderstood, so it's stiffer than the vt80?

7. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

To be honest, I never found the Vt-80 to be particularly stiff cause it's so head heavy with such a skinny shaft....
    It's probably more comparable to some other MX series but I can't say since I have only used the JJS and the MX80 briefly.

8. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Okay, thanks for the input Elisha! I tried the VT 80 and found it pretty stiff. It wasn't unusable but was uncomfortable after playing for a while. likewise with the MX80. Hm do you think the XP70 would be fine for me?

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you found the VT80 too stiff, probably not. A softer racket would be better, like the XP80, MX60, Bs12, TK8000...

10. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I thought that those rackets would suit me too, but I bought a MX 60 thinking it would. However I found it too flexy for me. I'm currently using a Nanospeed 800 which is pretty old, it says stiff on the stats. Any suggestions would be great!

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Keep trying as many as you can. You'll be surprised as to what suits you better as opposed to what you want to suit you.
    I wanted the Vt80 to suit me and it did power wise just not for speed and maneuverability.
    I never thought the Thruster would suit me but was curious cause I was able to get it locally from Yo's and decided to give it a try after it won on cost compared to the AS11.

Now the XP70 is 10/10 when it comes to value for money whether or not it ends up being one of my favourites!

You don't expect much from it for the cost, but it sure proves you wrong pretty quick. Unfortunately I won't be able to play again until next Tuesday :-(

12. gscastor

gscastor Regular Member

Could someone tell us what is the shaft diameter of the XP70 and xp60?
    My PRO6000 is 7.8 mm and my PRO9000 (i've got 3 of them) varies between 7.7 ant 7.76 mm, all measured in the middle of the shaft. Pretty thick, I think.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

measured mine:

xp70/60: 24mm
    pro9000: 25mm

circumferences at 3 points on the shaft

14. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    IMG_5996.jpg IMG_5997.jpg IMG_5998.jpg IMG_6000.jpg IMG_6001.jpg

I chose the XP-60 with the specs:
    BP:300
    WT:87 (with GO-1 91g)

String: BG-66U
    LBS:30

A little about myself, Im a 14 years old boy from Denmark. Playing in the second highest leauge. I train 5-7 times a week of 1.5-3 hour each.

The racket is not very stiff, but something in between stiff and very stiff.

I like the racket a lot so far, but I have only had two hours so far. I had a little trouble finding the sweetspot, but when I did OMG nothing beats it. The steepnes and power was from another world!

In the defence it was quick, but not lightning quick. I could pull of some shots, I usually wouldnt get back. On drives it was amazing, just a little flick of the wrist, and the shuttle just went all the way to the baseline. I could hold the shuttle much longer, than what Im used to, and gave me some easy points.

At the net it wasnt anything special, nothing bad to say about it, but nothing special either. No matter what racket I use I feel this.

As you can probably see I like this racket a lot, when get 100% used to the sweetspot this is gonna be a SUPER racket. You better start loading up on those rackets, because soon they will all be in my bag ;)

15. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The blue looks nice. 14 years old and 30lbs?
    Did someone recommend that tension to you?
    The higher the tension the smaller the sweet spot not to mention higher risk of injury if your technique is not perfect!

16. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    30lbs crank so it doesnt really count, it feels more like 28ECP, I have been playing with this tension in more than half a year. Most boys in Denmark at my level use high tension, so nothing special. The sweet spot is just a bit different because of Im used to isometric, and this is a semi-iso. :)

17. visor

visor Regular Member

For 14 yr old, I must commend you on your level of maturity shown in your communications. Hope you continue to do well in your badminton endeavours. :)

18. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Thanks alot, I just love badminton its my life, I think its good to feel this way, my teacher disagrees ;)

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

30 crank == 27-28 ECP == 25-26 ECP /w 10% PS.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

As long as it keeps you out of trouble and away from addictive video games, nothing wrong with it. Hope my 10 yr old son will be like that too. :)