Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hahahahahaha.. ee lyn and mei yen, you both are so evil!!! just wait and see.. GRR..

2. funnymei89

funnymei89 Regular Member

okoko.......hahahaha...

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

4. funnymei89

nice pics...!!!the second pic looks like an interview...scminton....help!!!

5. event

event Regular Member

That photo is from a story on him from the June edition of Wolgan Badminton magazine.
    They quote him but it isn't solely an interview piece.

6. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    wew cute badminton players...........i like his smile so much huehuehue hwaiting LYD!!!

7. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    Lol, true... He's soooo cute... But... Ehem... what about BCL? hahaha...:D

8. funnymei89

event:wat does it say about him?

9. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    WAIT! I don't get it, was it a finger injury or hand injury. Some told me it was a finger injury, but looking at that bandage.....wow!

10. funnymei89

i think it might b a hand injury....just forget about it....he is fine now...and going to play thailand open..!!!!jia you!!!

11. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Translating from: http://www.koreabadminton.org/news/m...asp?hnum=11002 with my own comments in parantheses.

(I guess this article is based on the interview with him in May or early June because he has already got over his finger injury and participated in the Summer National Tournment just finished yesterday. JJS/LYD won the title in MD!)

The title reads - 龍大不敗 (YD Never Defeated) will be continued.
    (In Korea, we love to use this term. We think he is the next-generation leader in badminton korea.)

He had been injured with his little finger during training last April which followed the ankle injury in January. In fact, he has been threatened by the tortures on his waist side caused by continued participating in numerous tournaments for all his shcool periods. So, he could enjoy the recovery times having enough rest and relax. He said, "this is the longest resting period since I had started this sports."

But his mind was not easy as his body because he could not take part in the Spring National Tournament which makes his team(Samsung Electro-Mechanics) ranked 3rd. "Everytime my coach told me how my recovery went well, I felt sorry."

In his final match from high-school years, he got three gold medals in Asia Junior Badminton Championships in July followed by getting three gold medals also from the World Junior Badminton Championships in November which was a new record in the badminton history of Korea. He recalled, "it was the last tournament participating as a junior representative and I was stressed a lot by people's anticipation. But I was really delighted and it was my glory for I could get three gold medals."

After graduating high-school, he joined Samsung E-M. "I am so happy cause I can play in S.E-M team with many good players." In 2007 Yonex Korea Open, he and JJS got 1st rank in MD which showed his successful future in senior stage. JJS is his senior and best player in the world so LYD plays with feeling he supports him as a good partner.

Post-Park Joo Bong

YD got his racket first when he was second-year grade in elementary school(in Korea, it is about 8 year-old). The reason he got the racket was for diet! In his 2nd-year grade he was getting fat, which led him to search for a good sports to lose his weight. He came to across badminton team in his school and started it. Finally he lost his weight but then he was fallen in love with the sports. He loved to play all around the court holding the racket. He began to particpate in the tournaments and won matches one by one with prizes he was more favorable to badminton. At last, badminton became his life and way to go. He says, "badminton is a turning point in my life."

Todays, YD is a star in the world of badminton korea. He was asked if he liked to appear on the air. But he said, "I've participated in a Sports Channel. But I couldn't say any word. Too hard for me. It's much better to play hard."

People call him 'Post-Park Joo Bong'. He deseves this honor when you see his net play as well as sharp drives sending the birdy into the empty places in the court. "Once I feel I can manage a game from the starting point, I always have confidence not to lose to any players." When he heard that he is a successor of Park Joo Bong, "I feel burdened when I hear that from people. It is highly honored to be compared with the Teacher Park Joo Bong. I am concerned if I could do well. But it still gives me more motivation for my play.

Doha Asian Games will be good motives

"I am an athlete. But I am not playing which makes me feel down. But badminton is not sports only for a single year. So I think this is a process to build my shape for more important games and moments in the future."

When he got stresses from playing, he tries to divert his focus into another area like computer games. "I think too much. they say you are hardened by your useless many thoughts," he smiled. "When playing on the court, even though I have to concentrate on my own game, I usually find myself thinking
    the next games or the courts playing around next to mine. Therefore, I guarantee my win for any games if there's only one court in the gym. But if there are three to four courts, I can hardly get my concentration where sometimes I can't help losing the game. So I am trying to learn to be calm with good concentration."

In the semi-final of Doha Asian Games in Mens's Team matches, he was too strained so that he could not move as he wanted. "At that time, I was overstrained. I did nothing. So I felt this is a real game, a real big game!"
    Anyway, the AGs were good experiences for him to be precious assets for growing more.

-----

That's it. Enjoy fellas!

#131 narnia, Jun 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  12. narnia

narnia Regular Member

LYD/JJS Won the Summer National Tournaments

The runner-up was Han, Sang-Hoon / Cho, Gun Woo, also from Samsung Electro-Mechanics.

Attached Files:

13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

This is the link to the mini-homepage of LYD:

http://www.cyworld.com/yd0911

And this is the link to the mini-homepage of Han, Sang Hoon:

http://www.cyworld.com/hooni041027[​IMG]

On the right-hand side, you can see a menu-list(top-down), where the last one is for visitors' messages. You can leave your message if you like. After writing with your name and password(for the purpose of deleteing or modifying), just click the small white button on the lower-right hand side of the blank box.

#133 narnia, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  14. funnymei89

is there virus in that webpage???there is a pop-up

15. scminton

scminton Regular Member

cafe manager
    HA HA HA :D It's not virus~~!! its just pop-up window~it's called minihomepi
    it a kind of private blog in korea...Don;t worry about it//ok??
    (sorry ^^ my English not good~~)

16. funnymei89

thanks...nevermind...i can nderstand...kuenchana

17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Please find the pictures to know how to navigate and leave your message in the blogs. I showed it with LYD's blog.

Attached Files:

18. funnymei89

that page is like a friendster izit?when u send him msg,does he reply u?i have to register to that homepage izit???i cant read korean!!!

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You don't need to register to leave your message. And maybe he could reply to you in English. :)

Cheers!

narnia

20. funnymei89

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh....actually i was wondering can he speak english,cos i use hand languange to communicate with him in mas open..so weird..mayb he can type it out,but most koreans seldom speak eng rite?

narnia:i dunno where to click when i go to the website u give me.