Yonex Vol70 n Yonex ArcZslash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by absol94, Sep 30, 2010.

1. aldwin

aldwin Regular Member

Staff nurse
    the z slash is inconsistent. only good for smashing. the aerodynamic is not ar refined as the vt70

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

oh kl ! but it is also up to the player who uses the racket

3. aldwin

aldwin Regular Member

Staff nurse
    Its up to you... the best is try both. z slash will punish you if you did not hit the sweet spot and it has a smaller sweet spot than isometric rackets. If you like smashing that much then go for it... at the end of the day smash is only one of the many tricks you can do in badminton.... a players had difficulty playing z slash... but maybe thats because they want to do more than just smash.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I had the Z Slash for a while. You are right that it's got one of the best punches of all the Yonex rackets I've tried (not that many) and one will be tempted to do a lot of smashing. However, smash is not the only thing the Z can do. I find most offensive shots good to excellent with the Z-slash. The reason I gave it up is because the racket is too flexible for me making it difficult to control directional changes when defending smashes. When I got my ZELM Ultimate, it was clear that there is no place in my bag for the Z.

My TC700's are better in all aspect except the Z is a tad faster, for very off days, the ZELM Ultimate is a stiffer drop in replacement with a stiffer shaft and much bigger sweetspot.

That said, I still get seriously thrashed by Z-wielders so I'm with Drew.. it's the idiot attached to the grip.

5. aldwin

aldwin Regular Member

Staff nurse
    Completely agreed... the racket is only a tool after all... but as the Thread suggested... ARCzS vs Voltric... its not really about what racket works for you... well as you can see... different people likes different racket... its really up to you... but since you got your eyes on this 2 rackets... which is very much similar to what youre already using.. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy playing with any of them.

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I agree that it is up to the player but this forum is to help because everyone on this forum has every single racket made (im probably over reacting but so so)

I am offensive player so the arcsaber z-slash was right up my way but the new voltric looks a racket which is similar to the arcsaber z-slash but with more control which offensive players should have.

if you know how to control the z-slash that is very handy. I know the arcsaber z-slash is an offensive racket but you might be surprised some controlled players play really well with it