Jan O Jorgensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by TedTheFarmer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    after losing to Boonsak, Jan is officially out of SS Masters semi...

2. daunt

daunt Regular Member

student
    yeah i believe that joj still have a gap diff between LD n D top players in d world esp after watching d china open finals

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

About JOJ vs CJ SF, my opinion is, if CJ is not injured, JOJ won't get more than 15 pts in each game.

My prediction for JOJ: He should be able to reach top 10 constantly, but needs luck to reach top 5. Most likely his career achievement won't be better than Simon Santoso's.

4. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

Being a dane and also following JOJ in the local league, I dare say he has manage to pull some pretty impressive feats. He has made a huge jump since last year and I do believe he will be able to take over from PG - he is actually winnning their latest matchups - just as he won over KJ last time they met.

Sure he has still got quite a way before he will be on par with LD, but he is still very young, but agewise and playerwise. I think we'll see him develop tremendously over the next couple of years as he gains more experience. I truely think JOJ is the next PG (even though he isn't as dominant as PG was in his young years) - but only time will tell I guess...

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    JOJ just beat PSH in 2 sets at SSMF, 21-19 21-13. Another huge upset

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Not really a huge upset..^^

- JOJ had beaten PSH earlier this yr in the World Championships (3 games)..
    - PSH is not LCW. He's inconsistent at best.

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... more like PSH was giving up the game to reserve energy for semi-finals... he always did that, just like he did to PG in the 2nd set yesterday... this is a meaningless match....

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

not meaningless if one is a PAWER:D

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

$#@@@***%&&%%**** (don't get me started again) :D

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

PSH is already the group #1 and JOJ already out. This match won't affect anything.

Btw, both PSH and JOJ are top 10 players who never reach top 5. So not really an "upset"... :cool:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

gawdly, u shoulda told me this before i pawed PSH to win over JOJ.:rolleyes: I guess it's easy to be an expert after the fact

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't paw so I don't care. Besides I think many people have mentioned this fact yesterday (my bad if it's not on this forum... But a good fan like you should also visit places like www.badmintoncn.com, right? :D:D)

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i know of much better sites for colorful action pictures:p

#113 cooler, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  14. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Bilingual advantage?
    My Chinese is getting rusty and keyboard entry is terrible....

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I have watched JOJ played courtside at 4 tournaments and I would say he's the young gun to watch, not some CHN or MAS or INA ones.(Maybe Thai or JPN, ok)
    Tell me, which MS with just 1.5 years tournament exposure, has taken out the following:
    LCW, CJ, PG, PSH, BP.(I hope he takes out TH next in MO.)
    So what's JOJ's magic?
    1) It's because he's a superfast learner!( like LCW)
    Each time he meets the same opponent, he gets closer to match them. All the top players he has defeated so far, he has played them a few times. But LD he has only played once, so for him to get near LD, he will hope to be in his quarter as often as possible to have more match 'practice' with SuperDan.
    2) He has self-belief and strong determination. It's impossible to beat 5 top names without those qualities.
    3) He is able to achieve those with his game not quite so polished yet. Can you imagine what he can do when his skills and court sense are well-honed?

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Congrats to him for taking the Copenhagen Title 2009. Beat Simon Santoso in the group match too

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    self believe do grow & shrink with win & lose

18. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

I understand that Lin Dan is very good.In my opinion he is one of the best if you look at players from the late 20th century till now.I am from Malaysia but currently doing my Masters in England.I have went for coaching clinics in Malaysia when I was younger about 10-13 years old under players like Yang Yang,Zhao JianHua,Misbun Sidek and Rashid Sidek.I am about 30 years old now.I have seen most of the badminton players in action....Misbun Sidek,Rashid, Foo Kok Keong,Morten Frost,Joko Suprianto,Ardy Wiranata,Alan Budi Kusuma,Paul Erik Hoyer,Yang Yang,Zhao Jian,Xiong GuoBao,Wu Wenkai,
    Razif and Jalani,Xia Xuanze and the list goes on in real life tournament matches and in training as well as coaching clinics.I am not saying JOJ is the best and he will dominate the world.Looking at everything from a neutral point of view,not from fan's perspective,I think JOJ has very good potential.Most Danish players they peak when into their late 20's.Lin Dan started to peak when he was 24....he won OG in 2008 at age 25.He benefited from a host of experienced chinese players in their coaching set-up such as Chen Hong,Ji Xinpeng,Xiaxuanze,Sun Jun.....he had very good sparring.Most of this players retired before age 30.PG is still playing at the age of 33 or 34.....when most top chinese players would have retired or either asked to retire because of orders from chinese chief coach.I speak mandarin and english so I know.Most of my friends in England are from China.And I am chinese myself except that I am born in Malaysia but studying in England now.I think the other impressive young player is Chen Long.I think Lin Dan won't be able to sustain the level he is playing when he is about 29 years old.He still can maintain this level until about 28 but 29 I am not so sure.We are talking about young players with potential not players like Lin Dan who are at their peak.Let's keep this discussion going like we're having coffee and chatting.:eek:

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

20. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    Hej,
    after this years Kobenhavn Masters i have to agree with pjswift that "he's a superfast learner!..." saw him last year and he plays so much better now... really start to like his style...