Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Let's face it. There will come a time when others will overtake you. You can't be at the top forever. It applies to everyone.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

without lin dan and chen long at both, of course chong wei can show incredible form... :p

(chen long for some reason retired in his first match in korea open)

3. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Having already winning AE twice and lost to CL because he was a better player than him is not that bad. DLCW has in many occasion alredy showed us that if he's in top form, unlikely there is no player currently exist is able to beat him except.....you know who. He was not playing at his best either that day so con grate to CL for his superb gameplay.

For the meantime i think, DLCW now should focus on having some kids and maybe that can be a more motivational driving force for him to win a gold medal in the Olympics. Competing while your sons present closely in some ways could give additional inner strength to win in some unexplained way.:rolleyes:

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

How do we define peak form? Can we can say that Taufik is never on form all the time since 2006 since he never played as well as 2004-2006? I think that an athlete's peak form has to change over time.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While that's true, LCW was not playing the same way he was in the KO or MO, which was clear to see in the earlier rounds. While his peak performance will of course drop in the coming months/years, it's not gonna happen that rapidly. I'm rather certain there had been other things on his mind and that his preparation wasn't as thorough as when he won the title.
    Not taking anything away from Chen Long, even in a slightly-below-top-shape LCW is the toughest opponent to beat except CL and LD. Although I was rooting for LCW in the final, no one can deny that it was a great match by CL and that he was just superior that day.

6. powertrail

powertrail Regular Member

It's his trademark shot. I've watched so many videos and on so many different players, but it seems that Lin Dan is the only one who can execute it. Wonder if it has something to do with his built.

7. powertrail

powertrail Regular Member

It's his trademark shot. I've watched so many videos and on so many different players, but it seems that Lin Dan is the only one who can execute it. Wonder if it has something to do with his built

8. thunderracket

thunderracket Regular Member

None
    Lee is a very fast player....he's also hardworking,which makes him the best player

9. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Hope he can win WC this year, he so deserves to have a WC title.

10. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Don't just hope, have to believe. Have confidence in him, I believe he will be mentally and physically prepared in this WC.

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    you can do it LCW!!!!!

12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

When he is in the right form, he will beat Chen Long (if they meat in the final) like in the Olympics. ;)

13. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Which kind of meats they will be eating, pork, beef or chicken.

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You missed out on horse meat.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Rashid: Chong Wei will win

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/rashid-chong-wei-will-win-1.244985

EXCERPTS:

LEE Chong Wei may be ill-prepared for the Australia Open, which begins on Tuesday, but national singles coach Rashid Sidek is confident the World No 1 will return with the title from Sydney.

Chong Wei, who fell sick upon returning from the All England and has only been undergoing light training the last few days, rarely competes in grand prix events but Rashid believes the former will safeguard his reputation next week.

Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Minh is the only top 10 player, other than Chong Wei, competing in Sydney and the Malaysian should secure his third title of the year without any problems.

Chong Wei will play Arvind Bhat of India in the first round, and then could play the likes of Adi Andrianus of Indonesia, Suppanyu Avihingsanon of Thailand, Hsu Jen Hao of Taiwan and compatriot Chong Wei Feng en route to the final.

Tien Minh is expected to square off with Gao Huan of China in the semi-finals and even if the latter wins, he is not expected to pose any trouble to Chong Wei in the final.

"Chong Wei has got to safeguard his reputation and no matter what condition he is in, he will be returning with the title. Illness has curtailed his preparation but there is no player who really has the calibre to stop him from winning in Sydney," said Rashid.

"His main focus is the Sudirman Cup (May 19-26) and he has sufficient time to prepare for the event and help Malaysia achieve the semi-final target.

"He is also down to play in the India Open (Apr 23-28) but may skip the Malaysia Open grand prix gold (Apr 30-May 5) to focus on the Sudirman Cup."

The fact that Chong Wei's wife Wong Mew Choo is due to give birth to their son on May 12 is the main reason Chong Wei will not compete in the Malaysia Open and he is also expected to take a lengthy break from tournaments after the Sudirman Cup.

The Indonesia Open on June 10-16 will be his only super series event before he competes in the World Championships in Guangzhou on Aug 5-11.

High possibilties to win the title..:)

16. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    We'll see how's it goes

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Have to look back the video of his shock loss to tian hou wei of china yesterday. Those who watched the match, what went wrong for this guy? Read some comment on FB stated that he played too much trick shot and underestimate his more younger opponent?

As for THW, Malaysia need more junior players like him who can challenge and BEAT a top class singles player!

18. visor

visor Regular Member

19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

umm, i think LCW wedding was in October 2012, am i correct?

#9279 bad's fan, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  20. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

The new breed of young Chinese players have been hand picked favouring physical and well developed lower body strength. For these athletes to come of age now means they have already got this formula at their grass roots more than 10 years ago. The Chinese have been hard at work while the rest of the world have been caught napping.