Tan Kim Her might return to Msia??

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It seems like..

..BAM/MAS' Thomas Squad is prepping up well (just in time) for next yr's Thomas Cup. Loading up with Hendrawan, Rexy, the Sidek brothers and now Tan Kim Her back in the saddle, they sure have a formidable coaching staff to lead their charges.........why not include YKH in the mix as well??..:confused:

Boy, this better work, or else we'll be hearing the same old tune from limsy's buddy, Master P.:confused::p

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    i not close to him
    sorry
    george closer with him;)

well,as for ykh,he doing a good job retained the wjc md titles that won by teo/mak last year
    and we won the ajc team champion too:)
    ykh suits bjss well:)

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oops...screw-up, must be old age:D, I was reading the comment from Zolples about too many coaches so why need more duh...thanks eagle for clarifying, then adding TKH for MD makes sense da...now, with these high profile, expensive coaches, are the current players any good for them to coach?...on the singles front, I counted 3 or more coaches and only one world class player unless you include MAS 2nd best player, the recycled former world class HH:p

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Kım Her would probably be coachıng the 2nd ranked paırs.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

How ironic ...

My first post of 2010 ...

For those who have been screaming that the forum is scattered with abuses and personal attacks. These are the same people calling for more objective discussions. Yes, the very same people who is advocating for less of "I" or "you" when postings. Some are even talking about legal action etc etc.

Above is an example of when it comes to walking the talk, I guess its a different story altogether.

limsy, all OTB said was since 2005 other than LCW, Malaysia, despite all the investments and coaching expertise neither discovered nor produced anyone remotely close to LCW. This is a fact. Nothing personal against any shuttlers nor the coaches. Even if we dont agree with OTB's opinion, we gotta respect his right to voice them though. As such the above reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal.

If we are serious in making this forum better for all AND not only for our own 'select' group, then we need to walk that talk of ours. There is a malay saying, jangan cakap tak seropa bikin.

The best part is, for those crusading for a 'better' forum, they are suddenly in silent mode when one of their 'own' is found dishing out comments that are personal.

Happy 2010 to all. May we have a happy and healthy year ahead.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Happy new year Uncle OTB,haha.

I dont recall Tan Kim Her ever coaching singles, so your earlier post in LCW, singles,etc didnt click. Also, there's already a lot of discussion on singles players & coaches issue in other threads(you know lah which thread i refering).;);) Even in singles, Hendrawan coaches 9 MS players.

Singles situation is different than doubles : Rexy & gang had to take over WD when CSK left in 2008, same coaches, more work. Rexy came in 2005, Msia won AE & AG after he came.

MD back-up has/will have 2008 AJC & WJC and 2009 WJC, winner of 2009 GP Gold, International Challenge. XD has 2007 AJC & WJC, IC winner. If WJC not good enuf.......Pls look up 2007,2008,2009 Msia Juniors threads on who's who <hint2>.
    If the 8 MD pairs(or total 19 pairs) go for tournament, sure got matches clash, the coaches have headache, like what is happening now.

Let's wait till Tan KH came back for CNY & see which pairs he coach.:D

#46 eaglehelang, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BAM is trying hard to improve Malaysia's standing in World Badminton

As ants has posted, Kım Her would probably be coachıng the 2nd ranked paırs.

We can see how BAM is trying hard to improve Malaysia's standing in World Badminton, by employing more and more better coaches.

IMHO, Malaysia needs to scout around for more young talented players. Having better coaches, but without talented players like LCW, KKK, TBH, etc..., would not be "The Solution".

Malaysian schools should be actively involved in this. As soon as a particular student is found to have good aptitude for Badminton, they should inform BAM immediately.

This is just my opinion. :cool::cool::cool:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i wont reply any off topic post here with discus about ms coaching setup when tan kim her is a double coach

let see how bam settle tan kim her salary problem:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    only
    thats funny that i found out when u write "u",mean u are not friendly to that person:eek:
    someone think that i am disagreeing when i ask one member 2 questions:D
    my question is,so,we wont become a better forum just because there is question for bcer to answer
    so,do ask me any question ya;)
    oh ya,i thought there is a police in bc saying i off topic at several thread,and now he is doing so:D

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Best wishes to you too, Eagle...my original post was not so much on TKH, whose credentials in MD is exceptional, but with MAS (or tax payers)generous funding in baddy, hiring the best coaches yet since 2005 MAS national team only has a world class 27-yr old MS who can challenge CHN (maybe for 2 more years if LCW stays healthy) and a world top ranked MD pair, after that unless these 'super high profile coaches' can produce players to take over, otherwise MAS is in deep trouble...Pemuda comments correctly reflects what I posted.
    On TKH, I agree it can only do good for MAS MD. Coaches are plenty, when a player retires after playing a lifetime of professional baddy, what other jobs can provide a decent income other than coaching professional baddy when the pay master is the MAS government funded by tax-payers and the sport in MAS is akin to a religion.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If no one is being obnoxious, then everyone is happy

What is posted is posted. If the main topic of the thread is still flowing, and no one is being obnoxious, then everyone is happy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Its how you put forward your questions

I mean ... really, its 2010 and if you still dont get it, all the best to you then.

Its for all to see. I will leave it as that. ;)

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

BAM, please consider this below :

BAM should put out a REWARD of US$1M for anyone to beat LCW as MAS #1 in 2010. I bet you it will draw the players out to 'outgun' him. I think it is pretty safe for BAM (I don't think it will be collected) but if someone does come out and beat him it will be great. Even if no one beats him, it will raise the standards without a doubt.

Yes, TKH should come back and lead the doubles training. He is very dedicated to his profession and brings results.

#52 X Ball, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  13. eaglehelang

Err, read the BH article again OTB. NSC is not paying for TKH's salary, and from another thread, not Hendrawan's salary either. BAM supposed is tight on cash flow & could not afford to hire another coach(do your own search on all those news reports:p).

+ NSC has announced 2010 funding for all sports reduced. Means less than 2009, 2009 was less than 2008. BAM had sponsors but needed to look for more, which they did try.

TKH has coached in Korea & England. We shall have his official reason for returning once he is back in Feb 2010.

As for the coaches thingy, they coach 1st,2nd & 3rd team, which comes up to many pairs, just you all didnt realise. Perhaps we ask our INA fans how many pairs MK/Hendra's coach at PBSI had under him.

And baddy is not as high profile as you think. Football is more popular.

#53 eaglehelang, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thanks for update...Regardless of who is paying for coaches salaries, my point is, it is easy to find highly reputed baddy coaches, in the end, it is the results that matters....that being, who is to replace LCW and TBH/KKK and that is since 2005? 2010 TC, look like HH would be 2nd MS, and probably has to rein in uncle WCH to play 3rd single and a shaky Fuzzy pair. Let's hope for HH his yo-yo is on the up side at TC2010:D:p
    Talent in juniors are great but in the past, promising juniors had faded away. So, despite all these great coaches, since 2005 we are still banking on LCW and KKK/TBH, that is great news to those who pay the coaches salaries since 2005 regardless of who is paying. ...Football/soccer is more popular, I agree, but as a spectator and gambling sport. Even as a teenager in KL, I would go with my brother to see Merdeka Cup, packed full house yet we never play football cos' there is no soccer field to play (the only field close to our area is the field near the Pudu Jail and the field is dangerous:p and not looked after. My schooling from primary through secondary does not have soccer field but when it comes to badminton, even though our schools are perenial first round knockouts, we have indoor badminton court and plenty outdoor courts. I should have said when it comes to playing, badminton in MAS is far more popular and widely played than soccer and MAS heavy funding in baddy is because this is the only sport that can medal, soccer err...that is a different story;)

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like everybody is so interested about tan kim her's back to malaysia:D

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    maybe tan kim her should patner hafiz & kuan beng hong in MD so to save BAM some registration fees.

17. eaglehelang

Ok uncle, thanks for the story of your watching experiences. My experience was different, people play football in every housing area field & school, but hard to find baddy court.:p:p

See the other MD pairs, China still largely depend on Fu/Cai, Korea on LYD/JJS, Indonesia on MK/Hendra when it comes to winning titles. You can refer to AlanY's stats. They also have WJC & AJC, some have larger pool of players to choose from but still..;)

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, Tan KH come back is filling the vacancy that Cheah Soon Kit left, just different roles. No addition, just back to 2008 bf CSK resign. And that it's necessary as there're more & more pairs moving up to back-up every year, winning AJC, WJC along the way. If not, sooner or later Pang(even with Rexy helping) will faint.

Look at the new names, the GP Gold winner I was refering to is not Fuzzy, I'm expecting the back-up to play 2nd MD in TC, Fuzzy can take rest lah. :D

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I do agree TKH return to MAS can only be good for MAS MD seeing what TKH has done for ENG and KOR.:D Eventually JR MD has to rise pretty fast to backup TBH/KKK.

#58 OneToughBirdie, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  19. olympic

olympic Regular Member

There was still a big question mark on my mind--MAS have a large pool of MD juniors & have produced so many pairs of MD WJ champions but once they have reached the senior stage,mostly was just faded away.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, exactly.....sad to say, almost all faded away, only TBH made it to senior level....:(