Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

DL and CWF can become players who can pull off upsets here and there if they try hard enough. Not a winner but I can see them making QF and SF and pulling off pleasant surprises here and there. This will be enough for Malaysia at the moment. If they can become consistent quarter-finalists, I would say that it has fufilled Malaysia's needs in MS for the moment, since they are not getting any younger. Do not expect LCWs or WCH from them. Expect a NTM at best.

I have never really fancied CKB, so I might be biased but judging from this year's and last year's results, he deserves to be AXED. CKB seems to get special favour from LCW because he is always LCW's final sparring partner for major events so they might keep CKB. I would like it if limsy shares why CKB will never be axed, though. The only reason I can think of is he is LCW's special sparring partner.

Arif just doesn't have the attitude. While DL and CWF have shown different approach to the game since they have gotten more chance to go Super Series and became part of the elite, Arif seemed to be content just fooling around.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Zulfadli Zulkifli is apparently not included in LCW's select pick. Perhaps the young lad has 'wasted' the most critical part of his formative years at the wrong place. This may be a classic example for future generations of wannabes to be more humble and less arrogant.

3. julianng

julianng Regular Member

MAS not doing well in MS is to be expected of. They have never been too dominant in this area, although they have got some favourable results in the past through misbun, rashid, hafiz, ongewehock and LCW. CHN have always had the bulk talent in big numbers in this area due to it's population.

what MAS should be doing well in is the MD department where they are known to do better than CHN historically in this area, but right now suffering in depth because of their own players attitude, BAM unable to focus on other pairs other than KKK/TBH and also because of their 1st ranked pair don't have the right attitude or too busy having fun (clubbing etc.). MAS need atleast 2 good doubles pairs, like Choong/lee not so far back who were close to being an equal 1st pair for MAS (although they were 2nd best to KKK/TBH).

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Kwong Beng wants to revive his fortunes under Hendrawan

KUALA LUMPUR: Singles back-up shuttler Chan Kwong Beng is banking on a change of coach to give his career a new lease of life.

The 24-year-old is ready to part ways with national chief coach Rashid Sidek because he strongly believes that he can revive his fortunes under former world champion Hendrawan of Indonesia.

Kwong Beng has been training under Rashid since 2010 when his previous coach, Misbun Sidek, left the national team.

Kwong Beng is hoping that the coaching and training committee, who will meet on Sept 8, will agree to his request. He claims that he has spoken to Rashid and Hendrawan and that both coaches have agreed to the swap.

It is learnt that Mohd Arif Abdul Latif may go the other way – leaving Hendrawan to train under Rashid.

Kwong Beng showed that he is still an asset to the national team when he was selected to accompany world No. 2 Lee Chong Wei as sparring partner for the London Olympic Games last month.

However, Kwong Beng has not achieved any remarkable results over the last two years.

The player, once touted as a star in the making for his explosive movements and good attacking play, is desperate for another chance to come good.

“I need a change. I have not achieved any significant results under Rashid. It has all been a big blur for me ... and my fitness has been a big letdown. I just need a change, one last shot to turn my game around,” said Kwong Beng.

“I have nothing against Rashid but his style does not suit me. I need a coach who is more aggressive. I want to train under Hendrawan. I have seen how he pushes his players in training. I want to improve my fitness level under him. “My style of play needs to be supported with good fitness but I am not as fast as I want to be on court. Something is lacking and I know most of it is my own shortcoming.”

Kwong Beng is also aware of the risk he is taking in asking for a change.

“I am actually taking a big gamble here by making this request. If I still do not excel under Hendrawan, it is a clear sign for me to end my career,” said Kwong Beng.

“Over the last few years, I have spent time sparring with Chong Wei and learning so much from him. Now, it is time for me to do something for myself ... for my badminton career. I need to take such a drastic action. This is my last chance to do something if I want to be a genuine medal contender at the next Olympic Games.”

#864 SibugiChai, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if i remember correctly,he under rashid sidek since 2005
    hahahahaha!

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Aiya...5 years less or 5 years more, okay lah...CKB is smart boy to say it was only 2 years since 2010 under Rashid, if he said he trained under Rashid for 7 yrs and go no where but down, malu lah and no good for Rashid as coach like that dude cannot coach and it would sound like CKB is 'no face give' to Rashid:p:D

7. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

i guess the best bet is to really to ask Tan chun Seang back. cmon, he is now ranked 39in the world, and just a few places behind DL, Hafiz and CWF, even though he didnt really join asian tournaments and is out of national team

8. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I pity this guy. Rashid maybe Misbun's younger brother but as a coach.......kosong...If CKB CAN achieve results under Hendrawan and able to compete in Rio, he'll be 28 by then...going old in terms of sports age...unless he can go on like LHI and PG and aim again for OG 2020?

Anyway, best of luck to him and all back up shuttlers, I sincerely hope they can move forward in their profession, since BAM is still unwilling to make the move and contend with their money-grubbing-managing style.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I remember it as CKB under Misbun until Misbun resigned from BAM. The rest are under Rashid

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    when he 1st entered bam,he direct under misbun?
    he went under misbun because lee chong wei requested,correct me if i am wrong.
    i aging now,hehe

11. SibugiChai

YAB
    i thought he trained under misbun too

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,i lazy to dig up info,its ok,hehe.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha! he say coach only contribute 20%
    so,he is innocent for any failure.
    epl should stop sacking manager,they should sack player,sack all of them also nevermind!

15. SibugiChai

YAB
    I have to agree with rashid, only 20% but the 20% is the first 20%, without the first 20% there will not be the rest of 80%

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Now we know why our players cannot have a big breakthrough. They only can play 80% of their regular form, what a terrible limit!

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sorry,not even 80,if u under rashid.hehe

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    As I have said earlier Malaysia's problem is one of the dna of its people. Malaysians are a shadow of the fighting qualities of the Chinese and the Koreans.
    Malaysia has one of the best badminton organizations in the world. But, alas all these first rate optimization of resources are always let down by the players. Please do not blame the organization, the coaches, and what have you.
    LCW is perhaps an exception to the 'poor fighting' spirit of the Malaysians. Despite so many changes of coaches and so much insider back-stabbing, LCW has shown he alone is responsible for achieving the level of play that I cannot for the life of me see any other future Malaysians claiming that they are self-made champions.
    It is commendable that LCW is trying to help the other backup players but I am afraid it will be in vain. I have not seen any of the other players showing the same dedication and self sacrifice.
    It is all up to the man himself. If he doesn't have it then you will hear many excuses from all and sundry.

19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

with all due respect.. this is insulting. it means that we are a built in losers race and if this is true. it should encompass every aspect of our human endeavours.. business science industry etc... this is tantamount to saying, forget it dont even try.. if this is true ... producing a LCW.. or a Punch Gunalan or a Nichol David should be impossible. then the whole would only consist of the chinese the koreans the germans the americans..

we have a LCW because we refuse to accept that only China or Korea can produce winners

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    fixation and mental set is often we saw on some aging.
    nothing can change their mind.
    so stop replying,and let him think that he know the truth and look smart.hehe.