India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    How do you know they didn't ask Saina?

Your assumption is that Saina didn't play because didn't get asked. What if she did get asked but had to turn down the invitation for a reason that we don't know about?

#181 Cheung, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Because China have TONNES of WS players that are more than capable of playing at CBSL level, think about it, Han Li nobody talked about, now she has a chance on the world stage and look what she did in her first couple of tournaments. China have plenty more like her

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Are they get paid for playing in CBSL?.. Huge money? Any idea?

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Your dream!!!! :)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I'm sure the stats are available somewhere, I don't have them on me unfortunately...

6. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

Yes, they are paid and the money depends on who you are. If the player is a world champion, the reward is OK, but if they are nobody, I doubt they will get much.

7. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Ah!common why are you making a big deal out of a small thing...really can't understand your thinking...

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Only one can become world champion. So others are considered as nobody ?. If they pay feasible amount even for Top 5 ranked players, then playing for CBSL is waste. Better saina can concentrate on touranments as well as IBL. Because it is going to be the highest paid badminton tournaments.

9. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

Let me rephrase my sentense. If the Chinese player is not in the national team, he is not going to get much. As far as I know, the reward for foreigners in CBSL and IBL are not that different. It is true that IBL is high paid for less known local players and Saina would not get so much in CBSL as playing in IBL. The fact is that we never know if she was asked to join CBSL and I think she can gain enough from the current tournaments.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I am very much pulled by CBSL.. As it gives space to all the local players as well as previous old players of china. Even i asked about the rules and money related to this CBSL to some of my chinese friends, unfortunately, they also dont know about the same.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    we know that Saina is very popular within India. Her sponsors there may well be very demanding of her time. So much so, that she cannot juggle other exhibition matches.

Saina may think playing in CBSL isn't worth the time away from training, working to recover from her knee injury or loss of income from Indian sponsors.

Perhaps a verbal enquiry was made before and a negative response was given, hence no formal approach. Perhaps BAI didn't give her permission to play.

#191 Cheung, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Scorpion1, you need to put aside your conspiracy theory tendencies. It is ok to be a super fan but not an overzealous one.

If I was running the CSSL, I would certainly want Saina there, imagine the publicity, sponsorship money etc as the crowd certainly will find it more exciting than watching China vs China. It is like Cheung said Saina could have been invited but declined maybe due to language barrier, other commitments etc.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Conspiracy theory tendencies ?.. Overzealous?. You are so intentionally blaming me for nothing. If you dont have any answer for that, just leave others to reply. I can accept the reply of cheung. But the way you blaming me is objectionable. I am not making any conspiracy or overzealous. Just wondered why they did not call saina even if they can. Thats all. For that, you have given me so many names?... :(

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Why don't you look back at all your posts in the forum and answer back.
    Anyway, coming back to this IBL, hopefully it will as fun to watch as the Axiata Cup. Still waiting for all the superb Indonesian junior player who excelled in the Axiata to make their presence felt in the SS.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Axiata Cup is for SEA nations only, India or China do not qualify for invitation.

As to your other point about Taufik playing in the CBSL, he is greatly respected and considered to be a legend of the game by most people (trolls notwithstanding) including many of the China team players themselves. He is greatly loved by the Chinese people as well. He may not be a world beater today, but he still draws crowds and improves TRPs in China and most of Asia. Just as Saina, Sindhu, Jwala/Ashwini and Kashyap would be in India. But the Indian players would probably not be a big draw in China even if they were invited, and that's the sad truth. Different cultures. It's all subjective. Saina however, is highly appreciated in Hong Kong. And for your information, Taufik is also much appreciated in India.

So let it rest, there's not much point in getting all worked up about this. ;)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's Ratchanok. Not Ratnachok. :)

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I also always get her name mixed up.
    In the case of Ratchanok, she is probably very affordable to some of the teams in the Chinese League.
    She also needs the exposure and money.

I also read there will be player auction in some Indian web site. What is this all about?

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Your answer lies in this thread:
    Indian Badminton League (IBL)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Thanks. Got all the facts and some spicy arguments there as well :rolleyes:.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Since there is no thread for Anand Pawar, i have to mention his recent victory in the quarters and a semifinal entry in scottish international..
    Congrats... All the very best to get the title of that tournament..