Victor (Asia)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ferrerkiko, Mar 20, 2010.

1. chann

chann Regular Member

how about the head heaviness then ?

done any comparison with teh sw35 or bs 11/10?

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Don't have the SW35 but the bp on my spira which has a towel grip (took out the original grip, put electrical tape) is around 295mm which is similar to my BS10.

3. chann

chann Regular Member

so the spira21 currently stiffer than bs10?

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Let me cut this short, it is the stiffest racquet I have ever used so far.

5. chann

chann Regular Member

sounds painful to use :D

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Ok, tks vm. So it is demanding and uber stiff:)! Will it turn out to be like TC700 or Arc Z that many pros seems to shun away from but instead a collectors item for regular people like me:D?

Well, I like my stiff Super Inside Waves 35 (my regular racket) and as I have mentioned before I've held an unstrung racket for a fleeting moment and I thought I have absolutely no idea as how it plays on court.

So yes, yes, yes, reviews, reviews, reviews, please! Thanks:).

Btw, I can already feel it is not a racket for me:eek:, admittedly:eek::eek:.

#146 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  7. plkvoon

plkvoon Regular Member

Manager
    my 2nd review of this racket.... already played with it for 3 sessions.... including one back in KL...

again, i would say that i really like this racket.... it seems to be alittle head heavy.... for the stiffness(i didnt feel it as much as NS9900, maybe due to the head heavy).... yes it's abit more demanding than arc7....

overall it's a racket for me and i love it......

i was suprise when i was told this SP21 is selling cheaper in Malaysia???? not too sure bout it anyone??? maybe the guy mistaken it as another victor model....

8. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Impatiently waiting for the comparation, especially spira vs arc 8 dx:D

9. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    u might be able to get it below RM400 in KL

10. plkvoon

plkvoon Regular Member

Manager

ohhh thank you....

wondering how come BS and SW selling so expensive in Malaysia then... kekkekee....

11. mb918

mb918 Regular Member

To Huangxl, Chann and Paul: (and other Victor rackets experts)

Wow! You guys know the rackets quite well, I am thinking of getting brave sword 168 or Artery Tec 95 power to use as spare racket, (I am using Armotec 900 T now and able to use it quite well in all areas!)

But I am getting Brave Sword 168 or Artery Tec 95 power (because of budget).
    (never use Victor racket before!)

I want to able to kill at front court and smash hard, and also able to deflect the smash and push to open court.
    Which of the above is better for me?

I also have Armotec 600, also loving it, because head heavy and control is amazing, but the only problem is not stiff enough to strike fear into opponent's face when smashing.

Please tell me which of Brave Sword 168 (new technology) or Artery Tec 95 power should I pick up?
    Thanks in advance guys!

12. mb918

mb918 Regular Member

Sorry, I have seen Spira 21, it would be the stiffest racket among all Victor rackets.

Unless you just want to smash all day, I doubted it is quite as good in other area.

13. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I have not tried the 2 models you were asking about, so i am sorry i cannot help you out there. at600 is a good all round racket. I doubt changing to other models will make u generate a harder smash. Maybe only sw35 will do the job here but it is very stiff and head heavy. So you sacrifice a bit of other part of your game.

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Currently i am using 2 rackets for playing : Brave sword 9 and N90.. Both racket has their own strength,, for defensive purpose, i believe its better as its a bit lighter and more flexible than N90..For net , tapping and drive shot also B.S 9 better than N90. But for smashing its slightly better than B.S 9 , if u are more of a base line smashing player.

15. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I concur with all you say. I think you should look for a all round racket instead of just concentrating on big smash.

16. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Artery Tec 95 Power does have powerful smash, but do take note that it is quite head heavy to use, even for its 4U version.

17. chann

chann Regular Member

Honestly , i'm not very good at all this equipment stuff i just know which is more flexi/stiff and headheavy(balance) thats all.

i've seen people using n90 like an all rounder racket and telling me the bs09 is too weak. i've also seen people who tell me n90 is too stiff and heavy and bs09 is better in all expects providing them with more power.

the point is , you need skill and strenght to be able to flex your stiff racquet and use its head heaviness fully. I learnt it the hardway , reading all the reviews online doesn't help much really , go try the racquets yourself if you have a chance because nobody knows how you really play and what your skill level and strenght is at.

18. DeVi|_FaT

DeVi|_FaT Regular Member

Student
    what recommendations would you give to a male player that plays more of the controlling during rallies and only smash when the chance of winning the point is higher???

19. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Might as well get bs11 or bs09, more friendly and easier to move around with. As everything is good just that power is not as good as sw35. Since you only smash when the chance is higher, you don need a powerful racket

20. mb918

mb918 Regular Member

Dear Alana07, Chann, Huangxl:

Thanks for all your input.
    I always use stiff and head heavy rackets. and I have strength and can smash properly with Armotec 900 Technique, but dislike AT-700 old model, as it is not good for defensive play and reflection of shufflecocks and smash return is no good.

Thanks for feedback for Artery Tec 95 power...
    (Is Artery Tec 95 power stiffer than AT900 Power or AT700, head heavy I can stand, but if it is stiffer than AT-900 power and AT-700? I may as well buy the Brave Sword 168)

If I can hear from any of you again soon, that would be very nice!

But what about Brave Swords 168, as it is new model, I want to find out the weakness of using that one before.