Questions about the Yonex Super Grap 102 EX

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Sgt_Strider, May 14, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I think I'm going to give this grip a shot after a member here said it was the "benchmark" grip. I just want to confirm that this is an overgrip and that I just wrap it over an existing grip (stock grip of my new racket)? Also, I think Dink mentioned that when installing the grip, I shouldn't stretch it to install it to maximize performance. Would you guys agree with that assessment and just install it with minimal to no stretching at all?

2. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes this is a overgrip. I am currently using it. For me, i removed my stock grip and just have 2 overgrips over each other. But i have also helped others to put it over the stock grip. Stretch or no stretch its up to personal preference. For me, I stretch a little such that the grip do not move around when in use. Performance wise, i cannot comment as i usually change grip every 2 months as i have sweaty hands. But i have heard of pp turning the grip around to use for another round before throwing.

3. Sgt_Strider

Are these grips reapplyable if I made a mistake installing it?

4. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    I would stretch it a bit as well. The last time I didn't do that the grip slipped even though I had sufficient overlapping. Yes they are easily reapplyable, even after many times of use.

5. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    I recommend keeping constant tension while wrapping the grip, otherwise it becomes too thick (unless you prefer that). However, the only issue with stretching is the grip will loose "tackiness" rather quickly, but it can always be replaced.

6. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer

Yes the grip is reapplyable as there is only tape at one of the end. Overgrip unlike replacement grip has no double sided tape running the lenght of the grip.

7. Sgt_Strider

Are these grips reapplyable if I made a mistake installing it?

8. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

only if you have not used it heavily.

once it absorbs moisture and sweat, even without tape, it will stick to itself and appear to be like a mess if you unwrap it. further more if you have pre-stretched the supergrap, it will stay in the elongated state and when re-wrapping it wont be as nice anymore.

the supergrap is strange, the roll versions are horrid, the folded versions are better. but nevertheless, they are not very tacky.. and i've never considered trying them again after only buying them once

9. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Using it now. It usually last me 3-4 session before i have to change it...