Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi zero_hour, Could u kindly share is the sw37 feel much heavier than bs11? I really dunno to buy a bs12 or sw37!!! Very very very confused!!!Btw nice post on ur date! Haha

2. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Sorry ... it's been quite some time now since the last I login BC
    SW37 is not as common as SW35
    but I've already sold my SW35 because I don't feel comfortable with it due to it's stiffness and head-heaviness
    now I use mainly Spr22, MX80 and SW37 which I find more comfortable and suitable for me
    it's kinda weird because MX80 have about the same stiffness with SW35 but feel more even-balanced
    while SW37 is even-balanced and medium stiffness, it's user friendly and forgiving but still can generate powerful smashes when you need them
    it's all in the technique and timing, might need some time to fully adapt from SW35 to SW37 though but it's really worth it.

3. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Thanks jump-smash for your sharing. Have been waiting for you as I know you are using SW37. Would like to clarify the following:

1. Is it easy to fully adapt from MX80 to SW37? Thinking of switching between them for different kind of play, one is for speed and another for power play. Your comment?? I know about BS series which are really fast, but the power cannot be generated easily, so I considering Super Waves series.

2. In fact, I am considering between SW36 and SW37? You have any idea about their difference? I know that SW36 is stiffer than SW37, thus can generate more power? Both are quite at the same lightness also? Please comment.

Thanks.

4. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

haha,thanks ,....i try bs11 at the shop(without string) ,yup the SW37 is heavier than bs11, all my racket is rated 86+2gram including TT2400 and SW37 but i know its different ,after buying so many racket from so many brand,i realize one thing,don't trust 100% specification the manufacture give, most of them is not accurate,it's just for reference ...i dare to bought the SW37 even know its heavy(the most heavy racket i use, i got apacs TanTrum200,Yonex Voltric 7 before) because i know i can alter the balance point later on with applying grip ,i always use 2 overgrip coz my palm is big :D

5. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Thanks for sharing :) I guess must hold the actual racket b4 I decide... Sigh... Btw talk to Far East (Victor Supplier) just now to the Person in charge and he advised me that don't use 2 different rackets. In fact he ask me get another bs11!! Haha more confused now :)

6. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

of coz,its hard to adapt the new racket when we always change it,im so lucky the SW37 not much different from my TT2400,it's just a bit@minor heavy and when smash it's more powerfull/easy,i would say i can get 35% more power from my TT2400 :)

7. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    1. yes Brave Swords series especially BS12 is built for swing speed but BS11 and BS10 are more powerful. They are good for defense and fast drive.
    2. as for Super Wave series are built for smashing power so it's good for attacking / offensive play. The only difference between them (SW35, SW36, and SW37) are their stiffness (5/5, 4/5 and 3/5)
    3. and for Spira series Spr22 is good for control, and manoeuverability so it's good for placement, drive and defensive play.
    4. MX80 is combination of all the above taking the basic form of BS10. I call it muscle BS10 on steroid hahaha LOL.

#167 jump-smash, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    But after-all it's all in the technique and timing ... and of course skill
    as I said many many times before
    even by using Spr22 I can still generate quite damaging smashing power
    and adding to it is acute angle and placement in the smash

9. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Since I am using MX80 which is stiff, is it better for me to buy SW36 which has the same stiffness so that the power generated will be about the same (or more??) as compared to SW37? Another word, I will be able to adapt to SW36 from MX80 easier compared to switching to SW37?

10. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    if you like stiff rackets why don't you try SW35
    it's the stiffest of them all together with MX80, BS10 and Spr21
    SW36 stiffness is almost the same as BS11 and Spr22
    while SW37 stiffness = BS12
    one more thing to consider is Balance Point
    SW35 is more Head Heavy (297 mm)
    SW37 is more Head Light (287 mm)
    SW36 BP is unknown to me because I've never tried one before

11. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    I bought 4UG2 sw37 last tuesday. Strung w/ bg66 at 23-24lbs. Put prince microtac overgrip (full length) over the original grip. Bp is 291. This racket is very easy to handle, especially for defence, but smash power is average.

12. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi, you have mention (smash power is average) I believed is due to the 4u weight. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks

13. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Finally get myself a 3u sw37 today. Good deal, rm380 including string vs850, victor grip and a very nice victor blue colour bag. Holding it, make a few swing and I know it will be my go go racket after using bs11 for a long time. It doesn't feel heavy at all compare to bs11 maybe due to it's even balance design. Will try out few days later :)

14. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Much appreciate if u can share what is different bs11 vs sw37 in term of ur playability. I would like to know why u left bs11 and go for sw37 and not sw36?what is ur opinion after so long using bs11?sorry so much asking but i really want to buy bs11 at soonest.now i got bs10,bs12 and mx80...just to fill in the blank for bs series :)

15. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    You're not wrong. But, after I used it again yesterday. I realize that the problem is w/ me. I bought 4U rackets because of my elbow injury. I'm looking for rackets which can help me do clears & smashes 'effortlessly'. 4U wilson racket (k-factor) can help me do clear effortlessly, but smash is not powerful.
    This victor racket has the same characteristic as high end yonex racket. Need effort to unleash the 'power'.

16. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi, I have not played with it yet, will try my best sharing how do I feel on the result later ya. Btw anyone observed the Saturday WBC semi between the Koreans and Indonesian? Ko Sung Hyun is using sw37, each of his smash are more powerful than his partner if u see carefully the match. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying bs12 uses by Yoo Yeon Seong are no good, it's only a personal observation :) cheers

17. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

sw37 is consider middle stiff racket , ko sung hyun is so powerful, use the middle stiff racket still can smash so fast and hard. cause in our mind set sure he will use extra stiff and extra heavy head racket

18. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    as I said before
    it's all in the technique and skill
    and it's all personal preference
    Koo Sung Hyung SW37 (previously SW35)
    Yoo Yeong Seong BS12 (previously SW33P)
    Jung Jae Sung MX80 (previously SW35)
    Lee Young Dae BS09
    Park Sung Hwang SW37 (previously SW36)
    Fang Chieh Ming & Lee Sheng Mu both using BS10

19. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    I forgot Lee Hyun IL BS11

Now I mostly use Spr22 ;)

20. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hello samsudd_s, after 3 sessions which is total 6hours, I've really begin to like this sw37. Ok first of all this review is to my own understanding and rating because I'm not a expert reviewer. Firstly on weight is about the same to me compare to bs11 or it might feel a minimum heavier then bs11 maybe due to it's even balance and medium stiff and believed me, really feels good on hand. I've sold my previous yonex arc10 and voltric70 due to my low capabilities handle them which causes muscle ache and most important heavy to me.Power wise, I feel it's around 15% more vs bs11. My back hand shots are better with sw37, means that using same amount power with sw37 it could go further to base line. I could hear a slightly more power smash sound as well on it.I'm just a intermediate (closed to advanced) player with average power on my hand. The control is good as well but this is various on player, out of 10 drop shot could achieved 9 of them. Is good on double and I felt is very good on single as well. I played 2hours yesterday single on 5 games and it feel very solid on performance. The sweet spot if definitely larger vs bs11. Bs11 no doubt is fast but sw37 as I say will not slow u down either. Hope this helps :)