Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大 ) / Yoo Yeon Seong ( 유연성 / 杻延星)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by event, Sep 12, 2013.

1. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

You have got to admit though, those 1 hour plus matches with LYD and JJS vs CY and FHF at their best wouldn't have been half as exciting if the rallies were over in three shots. But I'm not saying that the short win in three shots skill isn't an effective way of Winning.

2. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

On that suject, I wish GC would stop repeating everytime there's a MD match that it used to be better, nowadays it is all about the first three shots blabla ...
    Just let me enjoy the match please.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ...then it will be like tennis.

4. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Today is the deadline for LYD to submit the appeal through CAS.

Hope we would receive the news within 1-2 days from the net.

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

only just found about the two bannings! Big shame not to be able to see LYD play for a year. Missing 3 tests is inexcusable, though.

"fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Where have you been? To have missed this big news... :p

Btw, there's a thread on this...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...sanctions-Kim-Ki-Jung-Lee-Yong-Dae-for-1-year

And btw, it's
    fool me once, shame on you...
    fool me twice, shame on me... ;)

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I've got presidential support for my version! :p ;)

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    A few posts have been deleted.
    Please keep a cool head :)

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    BKA ‘Negligent’ in Players’ Whereabouts ViolationsFriday, March 28, 2014 - Text by Gayle Alleyne | BWF
    Badminton Korea Association (BKA) has been found negligent and fined USD $40,000 regarding the Whereabouts anti-doping violations for which players, Kim Ki Jung and Lee Yong Dae, were sanctioned earlier this year.
    A BWF Disciplinary Committee determined that BKA breached the BWF Anti-Doping Regulations – which BKA admitted – and that BKA failed in its duty of care for these two players through administrative failure, thereby contributing to the three strikes against the players which made them ineligible.The charges against BKA related to negligence in communication with the players and BWF about necessary information; failing to educate BKA players and staff on essential elements of the Whereabouts and Anti-Doping Programmes and making false representation to BWF by communication, without proper consent and communication from Kim and Lee.The Committee also strongly recommended that BKA makes Korean players responsible for updating their own Whereabouts information in the WADA online ADAMS system since players are ultimately responsible for failures under the WADA Anti-Doping Code and BWF Anti-Doping Regulations. Additionally, BKA has been advised to seek support from the Korea Anti-Doping Agency on establishing an enhanced anti-doping framework, including educating BKA players, coaches, team managers and other staff about the Whereabouts Programme and relevant obligations under the BWF Anti-Doping Regulations.The BKA, which was also ordered to refund BWF for the cost of the players’ missed tests (Clause 12.2.3), has 21 days to appeal.In January, Kim and Lee were sanctioned for one year each for accumulating three Whereabouts failures under the BWF Anti-Doping Regulations (Section 2.4), as part of BWF’s Registered Testing Pool of International Level badminton athletes. At that time, BKA’s failure to make diligent efforts to keep BWF informed of the players’ Whereabouts was noted and it was recommended that BKA also be sanctioned under the BWF Anti-Doping Regulation (12.1 and 12.2.3).

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    the players can just "share location" using Facebook, Whatsapp & etc with BWF ???

11. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    No, I don't think Facebook and Whatsapp are appropriate ways to communicate serious things like this. From the article, they are suppose to report there whereabouts to the WADA online ADAMS system. There are actually a lot of information about how the ADAMS system work here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...sanctions-Kim-Ki-Jung-Lee-Yong-Dae-for-1-year as well as ways players can use to report there whereabouts. And from what I know, the players have to report to WADA Anti-Doping, not BWF because WADA is the one who responsible for this kind of stuff.

12. MonkeyMadness

Japan super series 2014 :) well done LYD and YYS! Great defence in the final!

13. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

That was some excellent doubles match, best I've seen in a while. YYS/LYD saved kill shots after kill shots until AHS/MOH made a mistake. Crazy match.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Talk about crazy fast and flat rallies in G2 from 15-19 down to win 26-24. I definitely will have to watch it again in 1/8 slow mo.

15. whyau

whyau Regular Member

IT consultant
    Excellent idea to watch in 1/8 slow motion... though I like it better at 1/4

16. visor

visor Regular Member

don't know why the bwf video doesn't have speed setting

found one that has 1/2 and 1/4 speed

[video=youtube;FpNDHjleldU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNDHjleldU[/video]

17. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Ok, their recent match against the Malaysians in Indonesia wasn't so comfortable. LYD wasn't playing at his best in Japan despite the win and it continued to show in Indonesia. What is interesting about this match was that it was clear the Malaysian coach has identified clear weaknesses in LYD and YYS's partnership. And although they scraped through this match by the narrowest of margins, it must have been a big scare and eye opener for them. They really need to do some work as these gaps in their play was first identified by Ahsan and Setiawan, then exploited more by Endo and Hiyakawa. It seems Tan/Tan know where LYD/YYSs weaknesses are but being the new partnership that they are, they probably not quite coherent enough in their play yet. But this surely is needs looking at in the Korean camp ASAP.

[video=youtube_share;TK5tutZ0ta4]http://youtu.be/TK5tutZ0ta4[/video]

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Btw, anyone know what's happened to Ha Tae Kwon as Korean Coach? And who are the new coaches?

19. event

event Regular Member

Ha is still on the coaching staff. He travelled with the team to the Thomas Cup. They normally split duties. This trip, Ha stayed home and Ahn Jae Chang, Lee Kyung Won, and Choi Min Ho went instead.

20. MonkeyMadness

Three SS titles in three weeks - pretty impressive! Good to see LYD back to his confident self and YYS is getting better and better. The world championships are going to be very interesting!