Lee Chong Wei Get 'datuk' Title....

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by reiko80, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Several days ago, I saw Sutiyoso appeared in an TV ad about. Basically, he stated that Indonesia has potential to rise from crisis and became a great country.
    Strange thing, in the ad, he featured MK/HS gold medal moments...

FYI, Sutiyoso nominated himself in the upcoming 2009 INA Presidential GE...;)

Do you smell MK/HS being exploited for his political ambition here?:)

2. victory

victory Regular Member

Dato'< Datuk < Datuk Seri< Tan Sri < Tun

Dato' is a unlimited number award. Datuk and above is a limited number award to to be given at a certain time limit. ( I stand to be corrected)

In my humble opinion Tan Sri and Tun are really prestigious award and their numbers are very few. There are so many dato', Datuk and Datuk seri walking around in malaysia especially Dato'

As someone mention earlier if you are willing to "part with" one time fee RM100,000 and contribute RM5000 and above annually during the sultan's birthday you are a Dato'. ( I have heard about this "market price" a few years back, now I am not so sure).

In my humble opinion who you really are as a person carry much more weight than this title.

For example, my Idol Malaysian tycoon Mr Robert Kuok is not even a Dato' but he is so much respected by and well connected with many head of governments in this region. He is the richest man and most successful Malaysian business man for probably more than half a decade in Malaysia. I think he just don't want this title.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i never realised there was a distinction between Dato' and Datuk.
    in any case, who really cares?

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

Mr Robert Kuok is a smart guy. He always remains neutral and at the same time thinks that title will not do him any good. I've known many people who deserves the title Datuk etc... but opt not to get it. Reason is simple, those titles attracts more problems than benefits. And furthermore the true Value of the title has dropped significantly. Anyway when you are rich and successful, titles doesnt mean anything at all. People respect you by your integrity and character.. not Title.

To be fair to those who have titles... i know also some of them truly deserve it. And many who does deserve it and have their titles given keep low profile actually.

5. stacysa

stacysa New Member

student
    i just can say i hate politics
    i try not to care about politics in my day life
    i am big fan of badminton and why??why are these politics interrupted in my day life again.:crying:

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Hmm... what to call you :D:D:D

Abang/kak helang?

I rarely use the :mad: but this is one of the few times I feel very very angry.

PS: My letter got published (http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/88341) yay me :p:p:p

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Is Lcw officially bn member...?Not yet rightso,cool down,fellows.hes not attending a political party ceremony.Like Republican has never brought jones to their ceremony

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yeah me knows Victor, I read your letter in malaysia kini, the points were hmmm repeated 3 times, :D:D:D. If it was sent to mainstream media, it wouldnt get publised. But good writing, keep it up!

9. tekken

tekken New Member

LCW boleh!!! Malaysia Boleh!!!:D:D:D

LCW deserves his datuk title!!! Now go and defend your Japan Open title!!!:D

10. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    I am glad that LCW is awarded with Datuk. He is deserved to be given this title as he is the only one who have ensured the medal for Malaysia after 12 years of waiting.

11. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    I am proud that LCW is the world no.1 now. Taniah LCW!

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think they're gonna overwork that lcw.
    -----------------------------------------------
    CHONG WEI TO UNDER RIGOROUS PHYSICAL TRAINING FOR JAPAN OPEN
    By Zulhilmi Supaat Bernama
    - Friday, August 22KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 22 (Bernama) --

Although Lee Chong Wei will be conferred a 'Datukship' next Saturday, the national badminton champion will not be accorded VIP treatment when on court.

He is now preparing to defend his title at the Japan Open Super Series next month with rigorous physical training.

Coach Misbun Sidek said Chong Wei would undergo rigorous training to build up his physical strength following his defeat to Lin Dan of China in the men's singles in the Beijing Olympics.

"From my initial analysis, Lin Dan's physical strength in the final match was obvious," he told Bernama today.

He said Chong Wei would have to train vigorously to be on par with Lin Dan.

The Japan Open Super Series will be held from Sept 16 to 21.

Last year, Chong Wei beat Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat 22-20, 19-21, 21-19 to lift the title after defeating Lin Dan 21-19, 21-15 in the semi-finals.

Misbun said Lin Dan began building up his physical strength after the Indonesian Open in June.

"Chong Wei also said his opponent's smashes were very strong," he added.

Chong Wei was beaten 12-21, 8-21 by Lin Dan in the men's singles in Beijing on Sunday.

-- BERNAMA

13. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Datin Wong Mei Choo

Wow !!.. err but if Dato Lee CW married Wong MC,can Mei Choo automatically be Datin ?? Who knows Datuk & Datin might pair in XD. Em.. that time during rally, commentator just address them as their title e:g "Oh Datin drop & Datuk smash" !!:D

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    The power of rhetoric.

It can win Presidencies. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Very well written letter. I agree totally. When LCW went to Beijing, he represented Malaysia and not BN. It was the Malaysia's flag raised during the victory ceremony, not BN's.

This is the sad state of our country. We are in a state of gutter politics because politicians are willing to do anything to manipulate and deceive. They are playing all kinds of racial game to divide us into malays, chinese, indians and etc. And this is where Malaysia Boleh was coined. The intention is to pull the wool over our eyes - when everything is getting worst from public service, education, health care, crime rate, sports etc etc.

I have said it earlier giving a Datuk to LCW now is too soon. When he retires yes. Not now. Our state awards should have some kind of credibility. This datuk title will be the downfall of LCW because it is given out too soon.

I hope the folks in Permatang Pauh will not be fooled by the Malaysia Boleh nonsense and send the right man into Parliament.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

In BN, there are the members. There are lackeys. And there are also pawns and LCW, I am afraid is in this category.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

more datuk handouts

MISBUN SIDEK MADE DATUK BY MELAKA
    Bernama - Monday, August 25BUKIT MERTAJAM, Aug 24 (Bernama) -- National badminton coach, Misbun Sidek, was today awarded the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka (DMSM) that carries the title of 'Datuk' in recognition of his services to make the country renowned for the sport.

Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam announced that the award would be bestowed on Misbun this Thursday by Melaka Yang Dipertua Negeri, Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob, at Istana Melaka.

Speaking to reporters after visiting the Barisan Nasional (BN) operations centre at Mengkuang Titi here, Mohd Ali said Misbun's contributions to the country were great as he not only successfully trained Lee Chong Wei to win a silver medal at the Beijing Olympics but had himself tasted victory as a national badminton player.

"We waited many years to get this medal and after discussing with the Yang Dipertua Negeri he agreed to the award," he said.

Mohd Ali said among championships that Misbun won were the German Open, the Sweden Open, the Canada Open, the Malaysia Open, the Taiwan Open and the Singapore Open.

He said Misbun was also national champion seven times and was picked as the best coach

-- BERNAMA

---------------------------------
    although i agreed with this award but i view it as an after thought.
    Misbun should have been awarded at the same time as lcw, not after complaints from his wife

#137 cooler, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

2008/08/24

Shuttler's focus on Japan Open

KUALA LUMPUR: Fresh from his Olympic outing, Lee Chong Wei who won a silver medal in the badminton singles, wants to put behind the episode of "being used" as a political pawn and concentrate on training to prepare for the Japan Open which begins on Sept 13.

Speaking to reporters after meeting DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng at the sidelines of the party national congress here, Chong Wei said he was surprised over the attention he received since returning home early this week.

"Even my coach has commented that I am attending too many functions. I am also worried that after all the attention, I would be criticised if I do not perform at the Japan Open. I just want to focus on my badminton training," he said.

Chong Wei met the Penang chief minister yesterday to thank him for the datukship award proposed by the state government after his triumph at the Beijing Olympic Games.

He said he did not want to be involved in political activities, but the events arranged were beyond his control.

"I am just a sportsman. I hope the people understand this. Although the datukship is an added pressure on me, I would certainly use it to work harder, knowing that there is a lot of expectation of me."

He added that he had proposed to the Penang government to build a world-class badminton venue to further develop the sport in the state.

Chong Wei said he decided to meet the Penang chief minister on the sidelines of the DAP congress because the earlier meeting scheduled for last Monday was cancelled. -- Bernama

19. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    i think lcw personally support dap, his bro is dap wan. hehe
    lcw hv to go bn there cuz he receiving 300k from gov...
    but lcw insisted he is sportsman b4 he go see mr.lim guang eng. he dun wan himself be "politicised"

20. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    too much matters to consider if LCW involve in politics..maybe affect his performance..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.