Badminton players with tattoos

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by captainB, Jan 5, 2013.

1. captainB

captainB Regular Member

Not sure if this is an interesting topic for all, but let's discuss the player's who have tattoos and why. To start off the topic, I know lin Dan, JOJ, CSC, and Boe have tattoos. Who else?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan's cross tattoo on his left upper arm, as he's said in his autobiography, is dedicated to his aged christian grandmother back at their hometown and to whom he is very close so as to " feel her presence wherever he goes".

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yun has a tattoo on his upper back across his shoulders in English which says " Face Adversity ".

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    KKK on his lower back, Julia Schenk on her leg.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Boe's is the single Chinese character
    (Yong), which depending on the second character that usually goes with it, can mean
    (yong yuan) = forever
    OR
    (yong heng) = eternity

#5 Justin L, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    KKK "glory on left bicep I think....Ko Sung Hyun? Left forearm...not sure what it is....of course Thai doubles pair with Thai buddhist tattoos...

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    'Talk cock & play cock' should be the tattoo of the new decade.

8. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Wang Lin - on right ankle. :)

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Didn't know she has one. Do you know the image or message by any chance?

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    tramp stamps, nice!!!

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ...

Believe Adcock is one as well + Gaby White ...

12. kaka jr

kaka jr Regular Member

student design
    cheng shao chieh has five tattoos, amongst which one on her elbow in the shape of her Chinese name

13. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

I noticed during the Korea open that Jung Kyung Eun appears to have a tatoo on on her left wrist

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

U forgot Jan O Jorgsensen of denmark.. he has a tatoo of rather painting of a man on his right shoulder.[​IMG]

15. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    I believe the guy on his shoulder is Jim Morrison (I believe I read that somewhere when I stumbled upon his twitter) He even got a tattoo with 'Mom' and 'Dad' on his back shoulders (as seen on the latest Badmintonworld magazine from the BWF youtube channel). Won't be surprised that a lot of the English players are inked as well (1 out of 5 people in England have a tattoo). I'd rather prefer the tattoos from the Thai male double players (can't remember their names) than the mishmash we see on Jan O Jorgensen (lot of different designs give it quite a chaotic look).

And what HappySachs mentioned about Jung Kyung Eun; looked to me she got some stars tattooed on her wrist.

16. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
  17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So that's Van Morrison...
    [h=1]Dane Jorgensen hopes to draw inspiration from Van Morrison[/h]

[​IMG]Good hunting ground: Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen will take on Malaysian Liew Daren in today’s quarter-finals.
    THE music of Van Morrison will be the inspiration for Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen as he seeks to spoil the party for Malaysia in the men’s singles quarter-finals of the Maybank Malay*sian Open at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil today.
    Yesterday, Jorgensen, spotting several tattoos on his hand, including the picture of the famous Irish singer, cruised to a 21-17, 21-14 win over P. Kashyap of India to set up a meeting with French Open champion Liew Daren.
    Daren, the Malaysian No. 2, had an easy ride to the quarter-finals when former Olympic and world champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia withdrew due to an injury.
    If Jorgensen beats Daren, he will face the winner of the match between world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.
    After recording several memorable moments in Malaysia over the last three years, Jorgensen, who is now Denmark’s No. 1 player following Peter-Gade Christensen’s retirement last month, said that he would be out to strike it right again.
    ”I love playing in Malaysia. Three years ago, I defeated Wong Choong Hann during the Thomas Cup Finals here and it still gives me goose bumps,” reminisced Jorgensen.
    Last year, the 25-year-old upset four-time world champion Lin Dan of China in the Malaysian Open. The win was significant to him as he had just recovered from an irregular heart beat problem and the death of his mother.
    ”Daren will be the favourite here. I have lost to him twice,” said Jorgensen. “I will be against him and his fans but I am used to the amazing atmosphere here. In fact, I love it.”
    Asked about his tatoos, he said: “I have a few designs on my hand. The biggest one – Morrison – reminds me of the good times I had with my father as he loves music. They inspire me.”
    On his role as the No. 1 player in Denmark, Jorgensen said: “Peter is not around and no one can take his place. I hope to set my own legacy.
    “For this year, my goal is to be more consistent and win Super Series titles.”
    The other quarter-final match-ups today will involve two Japanese players – second seed Kenichi Tago and Sho Sasaki.
    Tago, the Japanese No. 1, will face Hans-Kristian Vittinghus of Denmark while Sasaki plays Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/18/sports/12593836&sec=sports

18. Aonzc

Aonzc New Member

The news article is wrong. If you look at photos of Jim Morrison and Van Morrison, you would definitely say that Jan's tatto is Jim Morrison as ein_roboter correctly stated initially. In fact that tatto is of the very common photo of Jim with his big bushy hair. Also Jan in the news article only said "Morrison" and the news reporter incorrectly assume he was referring to Van. Don't take my word for it, just do a google search of both Van and Jim Morrison and looks at the images found. It is unfortunate that news reports don't check their facts fully and this is how misinformation is spread as most people would just accept what is written in newspaper as being true and accurate.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

20. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Chris Adcock, Scott Evans and karen foo kune all have tattoos of the Olympic rings. Imogen Bankier has two on her stomach, one saying "world silver" and the other one something to do with commonwealth games in Delhi. Li Yongbo has one that says "Walkover" on his forehead.:D