Let's conclude it, Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Wong8Egg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have to agree that Lindan is one of the best singles player ever. He make the game look effortless. I thought TH is good but LD is better. LD is a class above the rest.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

that shows how much he(lin dan) put in his effort in his training. I would love to watch his training. Sure no word to describe his training if u know what i meant;) Dead tired is not enough.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    be careful, too many loose term here.
    which event do u guys mean? MS, WS or all five events?

The all england is the oldest badminton tournament and has good history so i will use this as benchmark. If u go all the way back to 1900, england is still the most dominant in history. Do u see englishmen bragging here??
    end of story.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Is Lin Dan the best MS Badminton player in China history?

So far only 2 CHN players have been mentioned to compare with Lin Dan? :confused::confused::confused:

#224 chris-ccc, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

People should stop finding faults with Lin Dan through his attitude. That's sounding like being a sore loser.

Why do I think it sounds sore? Because I used to do that too.

6. hot-turtle

hot-turtle Regular Member

Why we lost and what we loss

Many have asked me how come my prediction came true ?

There are major flaws in his game that any player can see aceept Misbun. And he did the same mistakes over and over again, I pity him and if I couldn't write to him personally otherwise I would offer my suggestions , sorry la so BC is the only place I hope someone could highlight to him follwoing points :

I put it simply as :

1. STRATEGY . What LD adopts "smash and tap" approach and LD did that in Olympics and we didn't learn from mistake and suffer the same rpedicatment although to a lesser extend. Hence that why I my prediction came true, its not rocket science, just that I think the coaches either didn't realised or have no clue as to how to counter someone with good anticipation. LCW should not have use his secret weapon for PG match , CHN has video it and watch it 10 times over. Misbun also leak out in the press that he has secret weapon agaisnt LD, and if you are LD's coach you'd like to find out what's the secret is ; so why tell the press in the first place. Pride??

2. ATTACKING GAME . LCW has a very kind/calm personality and not freocious like LD . In modern day play "attacking is the best defence ", stroke play used to be an art during Han Jian/ZHao/Morten/Lim Siew King; times time but modern badminton is about power , techniques, stamina and mind power. Hence when you have a coach like Misbun who plays stroke and defense and never evolves in mindset - its not rocket science why I was right in predicting that LCW's defeat. Basically he is not smashing which is greatest asset.:crying: and Misbun is not out there to tell him during that match. I feel sorry for LCW , he has the right element but not a suitable coach for modern day attacking game scenario.

3. SURPRISE ELEMENT . I was waiting for his "special" weapon to be demonstrated and it turned out to be just a cross court net that he use for PG. LD must have video LCW vs PG game and must have analysed it 10-20 times , and its no surprise that the counter attack works.

4. OVERCOME LD . To over come this guy is not easy as he is good in all faculties but LCW is as good as LD in allthese aspect , except ANTICIPATION.
    Antidode for ANTICIPATION is SURPRISES , but cross court net is high school stuff and dangerous if opponent reads your game well. Instead LCW should do mix sideline /baseline/ Cross Court half smashes which he is good at (misbun invented it in 90s) and target LD back hand to anticipate poor return or defendesive returns and allowas LCW to attack and mix it with your cross court net , should do the job.

We lost because of the above , what we lost is time becasue LCW is 29 nxt year and to transform him to a power player is agaisnt time unless some drastic measure to chance coaching scheme/technique.

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If you think its easier to one to understand by using a pathetic illustration comparing INA as a tuna fish, then you really out of your mind.

OK this point is taken (althought not fully agree). I would be better if you can proof it with facts.

You must have missed last week UC final when the kimchi girls shoot down the Phoenix.

In fact i have tons of facts to show that even during recent CHN domination there are many things CHN did not win. Let me know if you want to hear them.

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Since none was mentioned on the innitial remark, i rightfully assume that its in the all 5 events and considered all major tournament (SS, National Opens, AE, WC, Olympics, etc)

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Look, if there is any fan who think that INA is not the most dominant in the badminton history, please proof me wrong just like did on the fact that in AE English women still hold the record.

Sorry for the off topic (As i mentioned; YES LD is the greatest ever)

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

There is no question that as a player LD has no peers amongst the current crop of players. At best, LCW can beat him every once in a while but LD reigns supreme in terms of being the complete player. He is in the same mold as Yang Yang, the other player who is my favourite. Only Rudy Hartono ranks the same with them.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

we won the world cup in 1966 and will again in a few weeks time!

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting analyses...

While watching the one-sided match I was thinking along the same lines.

If LCW is to beat LD, he has to do several things.

1. Avoid using faked motion (ie. double action) shots all the time. Save it for when he has a time advantage, ie. when the bird is still high enough. By using so-called "deception" shots all the time, all his opponents know how to counter it by waiting and not moving until he hits the shot. By then, the bird would have fallen some height and LCW loses time and angle advantage.

2. Learn to smash more effectively with just the forearm and wrist, just as LD does. It's amazing to see how LD can just do that so well, with the inherent advantage of a shorter wind-up and sharper angle.

3. Be more aggressive. He really has to stop playing so "nice and civil" and play meaner and hungrier for the win. Too often he is just comfortable keeping the rally just going, instead of going for the jugular.

#232 visor, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    very interesting facts... I am a noobs in badminton... during the match LD show superiority in all department against LCW...

Since no fight in rally, why LCW Dont just smash none stop? like MAD! at least got better chance...

14. hot-turtle

can't agree with you more

15. george@chongwei

Play singles cannot smash non stop la.. smash already must run in front.. must got ethic one:D:D:D...

16. hot-turtle

totally agree , its call half- smash or more comingly call "chop" ; cutting and slicing the bird at an angle send it spinning

17. george@chongwei

Play singles cannot smash non stop la.. smash already must run in front.. must got ethic one:D:D:D...their professional ethic.;)

18. MINN_EROSS

MINN_EROSS Regular Member

student U
    most dominance ?

the fight only between CHN n INA to be mentioned..he he he..no malaysian player.sad but its the fact..just waiting for the next harimau hero so that i can fight here too.

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

what TH and LD said after TC10 final:

extracted from BadZine:

http://www.badzine.info/index.php/n...na-capture-8th-title-.html?fontstyle=f-larger

Despite the less than flattering score line of 21-7, 21-14, Taufik's defeat was on the whole a lot more flattering than how Lee Chong Wei collapsed at Lin Dan's clutches in the semifinal. It was apparent that Taufik had all the right ideas but Lin Dan’s superior finesse and fitness provided all the answers.

"I'm a little disappointed to lose to Lin Dan," said Taufik. "His technique and fitness are better than mine, and that made it very difficult for me to get points from him. In the end, I lost and I don't have any excuse for it. I want to apologise to all Indonesians for my loss but I did try my best and no one wants to lose."

"I think that Lin Dan is at a higher level than other players," Taufik added. "Maybe Lee Chong Wei follows next, then Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai, Peter and me. This has to be Lin Dan's golden era now. Maybe new players will emerge to replace him in the future but we can't see how will it be yet. If he continues his form like this, he can be very dominating in the Olympics in 2012."

Lin Dan (pictured left) was both gracious and modest in victory: "I believe the both of us played our best for our country. Winning or losing is not important actually, two top players playing together today is already a responsibility to our country. I do not agree that I'm on a different level compared to other players, I just put in alot of effort in every game that I play. Taufik and Lee Chong Wei have different styles of playing. I'm very satisfied with my performances against them and I also truly appreciate the opportunity to play against them here."

#239 Jonc108, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

what LCW & Rashid said after TC10 SF:

also extracted from BadZine:

http://www.badzine.info/index.php/n...-2010-semifinals-malaysia-why-so-serious.html

It looked like a painful moment of truth for Malaysia’s golden boy Lee Chong Wei: After two years, the distance between Lin Dan and himself hasn’t been bridged despite the fact that the Chinese has significantly cut back on competing in the international circuit while the Malaysian has been unbeatable in the Super Series this year and even scooped his first All England title.

The 21-17, 21-8 score-line bears resemblance to the 2008 Olympic Games final between the duo, which Lin Dan won in scores of 21-12, 21-8.

Revealing that it was a mental battle that he lost, Chong Wei said: "When I went onto the court, I wanted to win the first point for Malaysia so badly. In the first game, when nothing worked for me, I lost my confidence. Then, I made many mistakes and didn't play my usual game. The crowd pressure is not an excuse for my defeat, I just lost to myself.”

In terms of technique, Chong Wei does believe that he has caught up with the Olympic champion but of course winning a match of this stature requires more than just a high level of technique. As it was at the Thomas Cup finals, it boiled down to the hosts being mentally overwhelmed.

Chong Wei shared: “Each time a shot came at me, I thought too much and had no idea where I should place my shot. My strategy simply couldn't work today. The occasion plays a big part but I do think that the disparity between our individual skills and techniques has narrowed.”

It is a charge that Malaysia’s head coach Rashid Sidek can’t deny. Rashid said: "We lost to a better team. China deserved to win. We thought that our preparations were solid, but they beat us to it.”

The Chinese don't seem to show their true colours at the international tournaments: today's Lin Dan is not the same Lin Dan as was at All England. We are now pressed to develop and raise the quality of the young players in our squad,” concluded Rashid.