Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

For someone who is not a fan, ctcjad sure posts a lot in this fan thread. LOL.

I don't think TH has anything to prove. His career speaks for itself. It may not be as impressive as LD, but getting gold in Olympics, AG and WC already says a lot of what a great athlete he is. And for someone who's being written off so many times by the media and naysayers to reach the final of WC, showed that TH still has the heart to compete.

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I second that :)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..so, what does that make me???..:confused:..did i mention i was not a fan of TH?..:confused:
    ..yes, true, LCW has a superior H2H record vs. CJ. But, unfortunately, LD won't allow that to happen.
    Why LD won't allow that to happen?..check out "Lin Dan" thread and see my last reply on that thread..
    ..if i'm a LD fan, i wouldn't hate or be envious of PSH because he ended LD's chances of the 4th consecutive WC Gold. I mean, 3 WC titles, more than any badminton MS player in the history of WC...

Btw, that 7-0 start for CJ must've probably felt like it was the same 1st game between LD vs. TH in the recent Thomas Cup Final..except, this time, it was CJ doing the honor rather than LD..

#503 ctjcad, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i also second that :)

the heart to compete make one feel happy training, playing in tourney and meeting fans:)

5. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm... interesting perspective. Fortunately then, regardless if you are a LD fan, you do not hate nor feel envious of PSH for ending LD's potential 4th consecutive WC Gold. If you are a LD fan, 3 WC titles is good enough for a long time...

I think I have wasted enough bandwidth trying to understand "what if Chris is an XX fan" scenarios about your possible psychological state. My apologies for misinterpreting that when you say "If you were a TH fan". You obviously really only meant to speak for yourself.

Back to Taufik, shall we?

6. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    i absolutely agree
    TH career speaks for itself, OG,AG,WC,TC...just a few players in the world can do this and TH is one of them

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Taufik is a very talented player. Extremely natural with his wrist work. He could have win more tournaments if there are less injury and delays his engagement. ;)

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    even more girl friends if he has got married

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    aha lol................... ;) Thats charisma. ;)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- That's correct, i can only speak for myself.
    - Post #477 describes pretty much how i feel if i'm a TH fan..that should be pretty clear.:cool:

11. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Just watched TH's quarters and semis game (have yet to download the final) however in comparison to the 2007, 2008, and 2009 form of TH, i think ths years world championship shows more desire and effort to his game (like it was back in 2004-2006.
    IMO, His natural ability is what has kept him competitive through the recent years, however, in the latest tournament it showed a little more effort rather reliance on ability alone. Smashes have gone closer to line as well as having more venom, net play is looking sharper and even retrieval and allowance to lengthen rallies and stay patient. These things have been a big weakness after 2005/6 from TH.
    Its nice to see him try and finish on a positive note.
    Hope he stays on the international circuit for a couple of more years

12. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Just to add. This is actually my post from another thread but it is relevant. Here you go:

I understand though that any international player of any nationality does things in their own ways to gain an unfair advantage. Nothing to do with ethnicity specially in todays GLOBAL VILLAGE.

Admittedly, there are ardent fans who'd construct their arguments so that they sound completely neutral. The thing is, if these people were truly neutral, they would not have gone back again and again in the circus after the show is over. Truly neutral people would lose interest...the fact these people come back and hammers out theories upon theories (supposedly) of blabber to fill the gaps speaks for themselves (ulterior motives masks in neutrality).

#512 RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  13. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Inconsistency of Taufik Hidayat is proven
    (haha me as a th fan getting wild now!)

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Being a father. And husband. Just like anyone else. And oh yes, carrying the weight of a whole country's expectations on his dodgy back.

The question to ask would be: what were SS and SDK and the rest of them doing in those 5 years???? And yes, what indeed was PBSI thinking?

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    how i wish taufik had won the wc 2010:)

and answer you 2, cobalt and yoppy;);););)

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

he's maybe thinking i will go for a 6 yrs gap, that would be even harder for anyone to achieve hahaha...

but on a serious note, this yr WC been the most exciting to watch TH in years (not just because he went to the final) cos i can see the flash of his magic again. Even on the final againts CJ, it was actually TH who produce some amazing shots. Just so unfortunate that his smash and attack did not eventuate

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i think towards the 3rd set even when chen jin was leading, he was still so cool

notice there were more than one occasions when chen jin tap him near the net

and he returned the shuttle so smoothly like he has done it many times before!

what a good anticipation i must say!

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This may make me sound like a romantic, but no other player that I know of has been able to touch the hearts of so many people, like TH does when he takes to the court.

Makes you smile and feel just joyous. The anticipation of experiencing a special, magical moment. And finally, the person himself. No airs, no arrogance. He doesn't just bring his brilliance and talent to the court; he brings all of himself and his values. The best ambassador of the game.

19. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Yeehah, I especially like that GAP YEAR bit of yours...optismistic eh? Let's hope that he'll stick around a li'l longer only if he can still be competitive and pips in the occasional BIG ones;).

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hahah just crossingmy fingers mate :)