Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Congratulation to LD for winning MS title at Super Series Final 2011 :)

2. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Not much to say about Lin Dan, the only real topic is if he's the greatest badminton player ever! I think there is no question he is the greatest player of this generation.

3. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

totally agree

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Cheer for Lin Dan all the way to capture his 50th career title: London Olympics Games 2012 Gold Medal

Can anyone guess what are the 48th and 49th he is aiming for next year? heheh

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Now the hibernating Lin Dan is exercising his muscles again. All sorts of theories that Lin Dan is declining or LCW has surpassed him burst out by themselves. His lethargic play in the earlier part of the year is simply a way to conserve his energy. Now, attacks, jump smashes and broken grips are gradually coming back. Just a joy to watch the SUPER Lin Dan coming back to the badminton court again. I wish I could have the chance to watch his game live before he retires.

6. fauci

fauci Regular Member

because he's too good. people in trouble attract more discussions.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Jeez, if you want to insult them, you could at least spell Boleh right :p

8. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Oops, sorry sir, perhaps my finger is not good working on iPhone...

Or i've mistaken it with this (http://www.boleycenters.org/)... Let's support them with love...

:D

#2648 Jonc108, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Joke is a joke. Yet to be serious, don't know why u consider this is an insult whilst I just pointed out a fact...

#2649 Jonc108, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  10. policecop

policecop Regular Member

he looks in much better form than he did at the World Champs, more consistent. I can't see anyone stopping him at the OG if he maintains this level (which barring injury he will).

11. winnie-kid

winnie-kid Regular Member

college student
    lindan treated his training as it were the final,and his Olympics MS final seemed to be his training section---so easy and perfect. "From the first point to the last one, every point is the best one I have ever done in my eight-year career life",said Lin. When it came to the end of the match, Lin had completed his third turning point. "I did feel extremely happy when I finished, not because I had gain the Olympics gold medal,but I was liberated" said Lin, "everything was liberated,and it was a great response to myself."

In 2009, Lin got the gold medals of Sudirman as well as World Championship.However, when it seemed that he has won all the glories,Lin expressed his new pursuit," All these are not what I want. I always deem those players like Hendrawan ,Taufik Hidayat and Peter Gade as great athletes,which has nothing to do with titles.You can always sense their persistent pursuit of career and gradually, I think they all deserve to be considered as "Great". Also, I hope that through my own efforts, I could be regarded as a great player by others too,even when I had retired.It would be really an honour for me to be able to join them"Lin expressed his highest goal. (information from programme "My Olympics" by CCTV)

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    lol that's what he said before he won the OG and a couple of world titles. Look at Taufik's game since 2005, i dont think as player i would admire him as a legend cuz man that is one large and steep downhill for a player to go. Peter Gade i would defiitely give thumbs up and express my great admiration to this man as he has been there for far too long and he never submits to the age factor.

In summary, Lin Dan's achievement is unbreakable by any player and the one I could think of that comes very close to matching this feat is Heryanto ARBI, the only player that never win OG and Indonesian Open.

13. fauci

fauci Regular Member

The lethargic Lin Dan was back again today. A very disappointing final. He almost refused to win the match. In the second game, there were numerous opportunities that he could have attacked but chose to either hit a clear or carelessly smash to net. :rolleyes:

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Agree... For people new to Badminton, we would not be surprised to find them saying that our beloved Badminton is such a boring sport to watch (and/or to follow), if we informed them that LD is our best Badminton player ever in the history of our sport. :(:(:(

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

LD got his fame and fortune in badminton. The one and only remaining duty/obligation is to win the London Olympics for which his preparation is perhaps 6-month ahead of the schedule. He has absolutely no motivation for anything else.

LD is now bad influence on his younger team mates who have neither the ability nor achievements of LD but exhibit the same careless attitude of LD. The chief example is the very disappointing Wang Zhengming.

If the CHN team is not watching out, there will not be a new generation good players but with only CL to play the lone wolf role as LCW for MAS now. Fortunately for them, there will probably be no new LD to spoil the career of the new LCW.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Both LD and LCW were playing the conditions. Anyone who knows anything about badminton would know you can't go all aggressive the whole match. You need to pick your spots to attack, especially when your opponent is as good as you.

It's called strategy and it's too bad some people can't appreciate the match for what it is. Yes it may not be as exciting to watch but you get to see a good chess match :D

17. RedShuttle

We should all cherish the freedom to appreciate the strategy of casually hitting into the net or out of bounds.

Thank heavens also for the freedom of not sharing such good taste and for the fact that most players don't practice such strategy.

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

LD just threw the match as he probably concluded the gap was too much to catch. Rather that go all out and lose like a man in the 3rd set, he rather not give LCW the dignity for winning a proper fought match.

I have friends like this, when they know they cant win a set, they will play like **** and claim they give me a set, not feeling well etc. Here is the killer statement "If I go all out you will be finished". Well then why didn't you? The people I have to put up with :)

19. RedShuttle

It is sufficient to say what it is. LD's frequent display of disinterest in playing the game is not good for badminton or himself.

There is no need to project some dark feelings onto LD. The "I have a friend" or "friend of a friend" trick is old.

20. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Your "disinterest" comment does not compute, no real champion worth his salt will do that. I was just relating a similar behavior in real life. It is not a trick.

Lets just hope he does not do it again this week.