Guru Sai Dutt गुरु साई द्त्त्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oops.. Sorry if my simple sentence made you angry..;) Enough ?? I dont know how much difference between these two . "Less Difference" and " No Difference".. If Still you feel like ackward in my sentence, just go ahead and delete all my posts.. :) No objection from my side..

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When referring to improvement, "no difference" = 0, "less difference >0" but you knew that already.

Your 'simple' sentence is inaccurate and I would be grateful if you could acknowledge that. You might rather embarrassed to admit so, given the implicit request of deleting the previous posts.

#22 Cheung, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Mr.Cheung, For your kind information, you have powers.right. Why dont you avail it to delete my posts instead of making it a big issue.. Simple. :). Instead of wasting your valuable time discussing things with me who doesn't know even simple maths;),you can just delete my post which you feel as big blunder.;):) .

4. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Bhailog, the thread is about GSD and only 2-3 posts are about him in 2 full pages. Sorry to be blunt, but you guys can deal with your egos in PMs rather than arguing here publicly. Lets keep this page dedicated to GSD and his achievements or failures.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yup.. Knowing his huge talent , i opened this thread to discuss things about him. And also i have opened so many threads of our upcoming talents. Lets hope GMV will move to finals of this India Open GPG 2012. :)

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Guru Sai Dutt advanced to second round of India Open GPG by beating Prakash jolly convincingly.:)

7. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I feel sorry for you;).. unfortunately being a gentleman and not simply misuse your rights to delete posts as you like is not being welcome here:p. scorpion1 just wants to see good comments on how great the players he/she like and not anything less like. Only great! and thats why I was being fake in all my posts regarding the players scorpion1 like so not to attract any arguments and he/she seems to be satisfied with it lately. At least my tactic works here. I wonder how he/she reacts if he/she is a diehard fan of LCW, imagine!! :D

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

So I had a look at Gurusaidutts BWF profile for evidence of improvement over the past calendar year.

Looks like a yoyo ride. He's made an improvement of 37 to 39 in his world ranking in the past year.

I suspect he'll go further but to say he's proved his talent because he beat a lower ranked player (B. Sai Praneeth no. 58 [BWF ranking list 21/12/12]) ......

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

#28 Cheung, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I think atleast am not indulging in posting or discouraging other top ranked players like others do :).. Do you know how much pain players have to suffer if he/she is struggling to come up this level in India..??? They never get sponsors for badminton that easily :(. Even Kashyap is struggling to get sponsors and this will definitely affect their performances in badminton. How can they train with their full mind if they are not at all able to get a sponsor ?? . We dont have any special system to coordinate what to do next in their lives after their badminton career??? Just think of.. Criticizing is easy. I never do such act thinking everything in mind (what are all the problems players are facing).

scorpion1 just wants to see good comments on how great the players he/she like and not anything less like. - I never want to reply for such silly comments targetting me..:D Even i can talk about you.. but i wont do like you..:D

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    He has improved his ranking 4 places up in BWF rankings.. From 43 to 39...:) Congrats Guru Sai Dutt. Dont care about criticisms. Just go ahead.. People will try to pull you down when you start moving up. Dont care about such people. :) World is full of thorns and flowers. Avoid those thorns to gain flowers in order to achieve in your life.. All the very best..:)

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    In an interview after finishing the match yesterday in Syed modi international, he said "He was taking a lot of time which broke my rhythm, where I think I lost the match. I don't know what are the rules but Tommy wasting time was irritating. And after playing 80 minutes I did not have patience to wait for him to get for the next point,"

Be patient Guru. These are all player's tactics to win a game when there is no specific rules to control it. Its unfortunate.:(

12. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

ya, but sometimes you make people thinks that you've belittle your favourite player's opponent.. Something like your favourite player should have won the match if not for the what and what injuries even if your favourite player lost to a world champion/ olympic champion/ any other players that have a bagful of titles. I think those players deserves the victory, they won it fair n square as both players on court were not 100% fit.. I see more players with heavily strapped knees/ankles/back/shoulder/elbow/wrist than your favourite player.. If injuries are the excuse, I think China will really be at least a few class above the rest of the world as they manage to win eventhough they were strapped like a mummy. :eek:

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I did write he has made less difference in improvement but you said he has made no improvement. I did a little more digging and found in end of October 2010 (when I watched him play), he was bouncing around the 40's and 50's in world ranking (data from BWF website). Perhaps you were more accurate by saying he has had no improvement.

Whether Gurusaidutt is satisfied with this 2 year progress I don't know.

I prefer to use more objective descriptions than over enthusiasm myself. But my descriptions might look unintelligable to some people.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yes. Sometimes it sounds like more objective statement. Nowadays, i think you are over worried about GuruSaidDutt for his performances in the past :D.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]“I am looking to break into the top-20″[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/...i-dutt-i-am-looking-to-break-into-the-top-20/

EXCERPTS:]

How do you rate your performances in 2012? The start of the year was up and down. I lost a couple of early rounds in the Superseries. I was injured at the nationals, but later on I believed in myself and my training. From the China Open onwards I had good results. At Macau, beating (Dionysius) Rumbaka and Chan Yan Kit were very good wins. And winning the Tata Open… and against Chen Yu at the Macau Open, it was a good match, I had my chances in both games. Now I’ve got the rhythm right. I know exactly what I need to do. Whatever training I did for the last six months has started working. Initially, I didn’t get good results although I was playing well. I reached the round of 16 at the Singapore Open, where conditions are difficult, with a lot of drift.

It’s been up and down, but I trusted my training and now I’m getting results. I hope to continue the same way. My ranking is good at 38, and I will look to get into the top 20. I’m sure I can do it, because in the last couple of years I’ve beaten Du Pengyu, Boonsak Ponsana, Kashyap and Dionysius Rumbaka. I definitely have a chance, but I should do it quickly. I feel being in top-20 is the biggest challenge in your career. Top-20 is not easy. Everyone from 30 to 50 is at the same level. You need a lot of patience, need to work really hard. It took Kashyap and Ajay (Jayaram) a long time to get there. Everyone is doing well now — Kashyap, Prannoy, Sai Praneeth, K Srikanth… we all have the potential to be in top 20.

When you reached the semifinals of the World Juniors in 2008, you said you needed to improve your power and strength. Have you managed to achieve that? The strength has improved over the last couple of years; that’s how I’m able to survive. I was lacking in strength earlier. For my kind of body, I need to keep training on my strength. It’s most important for me. I don’t have to worry about my endurance if I work on my strength. Another increase in 10-15 per cent would help a lot, because you beat one good player and in the quarters you’ll face another good player; that’s where you need a lot of strength.

How would you define your game and what do you need to work on? Mostly counter-attacking. I need to be consistent every day. That comes in practice, every day without making errors, playing at that pace, that’s more important. That’s showing the results. That’s what I’ve been doing.

Is it difficult to motivate yourself day after day? Sometimes, yeah… but now the sessions are such that everyone is so well focused. It’s like a business going on. It’s purely business. You have to do it… for yourself, for the country. No one is fooling around (at the academy). Even if you feel like fooling around, you don’t feel like spoiling anything there.

Since there are five-six of you at the same level, is there a fear that the others might get better than you? That’s always there, because the juniors are doing well: Srikanth has come up; even Sai (Praneeth), Prannoy and Sourabh are my juniors. But you have to accept that Indian badminton is doing better than seven-eight years ago. When I was a junior, I caught up with Kashyap. You need to push harder, that’s the only way you can be better than them.

What hobbies do you have? On weekends, I go home and spend time with my family. I love to spend time with my cousins. Sometimes we go to movies. At the academy, we all love to play cricket if it’s a light training day.

Its like that there is no escape from Cricket even for badminton players in India..:rolleyes:

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Though he lost to LCW in the R16 , i am mesmerized by this small, thin boy for capturing a game and pushing LCW to his fullest to win the match.

He has improved a lot after some early losses in earliest tournaments. I hope for him to have a better performance in his future tournaments when he play LCW again . Really hats off to him. Almost i forgot him as he continuously disappointed me. But not anymore. He is 23 now. He has age in his hands. He need to strengthen his body. He is so lean and powerless when compared to ChenLong and all other chinese players. He need to concentrate on his base qualities before handling top players.

I wish to watch the recorded video of him playing LCW in this AUstralian Open. But not available. Hope to get that soon from some of our australian BC friends here. I wish RMV a very good year ahead and prove his talents in front of many indian youngsters like H.S.Prannoy , K.Srikanth and many others who are ready to take his place soon or later.

#36 scorpion1, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  17. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    His recent interview in one of telugu channel. Interview is in telugu.

[video=youtube;DOdXr-VMUXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOdXr-VMUXo[/video]

Interviewer is very naughty and mischievous.;)

#37 Lokesh, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Any updates on RMV?

19. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    He played at Indonesian open but couldn't win. But at least he is back. Hope he is in form soon. I think he underwent surgery too... Cant be sure which.

20. John I'm

John I'm Regular Member

He played in Thailand open not Indonesia open.

Sent from my 1201 using Tapatalk