Is the complete destruction of Malaysian badminton almost complete?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Mar 6, 2011.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

many of the old guards has left us... wong choon hann... hafiz hashim finally habis... wong mew chew starting to look at the exit door .. malaysian doubles girls has yet to make a come back.. with little time left..

nobody in the horizon...

the sentiments of the title stems from the absolute disappointment of KKK/TBH performance in germany plus the hopelessness of the new guard (CKB..LDR etc) compare us to the resurgence of Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore(of all countries....) and any other country is improving except us... and depression shall set in

2. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    It would really be sad to see Malaysia drop out of the "Big Five". Datuk LCW seems to be the only MAS player who is able to stay at the top.

But look at the results in the just finished 2011 Dutch Junior, where Malaysia won 4 out of the 5 titles (everything except XD). BAM should be investing as much as possible in the young players, to try to bring some fresh power into Malaysia's game.

Korea is indeed tough, and Japan is starting to make a "Big Six" out of the "Big Five", but I can't imagine badminton without Malaysia.

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    if just refer to the title of your thread...the damage is not over yet, wait til Datuk Lee retiree
    and when our players cannot get past 1st round of any SS events...then that time, we are completely wiped out...

4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

hence 'almost complete' in the title
    what bothers me is..... we do have a continous flow of new talents.. a good example given by Gicutzu above in the dutch juniors. .. in the wjc
    but.... and then.. may i say it. .is bam proceeds to systematically destroy our talents? the recent developments of them trying to use corporate techniques to rectify the situation is disturbing . i think its in poor judgement
    i might be wrong . i ll be the first person to applaud bam if they solutions work, but right now i dont see it. bear in mind i am in a workplace with the kpi system in place. so i know the situation.

this is not another 'critique bam' thread (i hope) but more of a 'statement of dread' thread

and when both datuks are gone (misbun and lcw) there is nothing else.. nowhere to pin our hopes
    is our situation that dire?

5. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Overall, I think its the mentality of Malaysians in general. The cukup makan attitude. Money in badminton has increased by leaps and bounds in recent years. Still not enough motivation for Malaysians.

Not all about bringing glory for your country but our sportsmen are not even hungry for their own pockets. Sigh.

6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

i can say, people nowadays think about reward first before working hard
    whereas people last time, work hard and hope for rewards...

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree... When can I see the never-say-die-attitude of "Foo Kok Keong", skills of "Rashid Sidek" and determination/disciplined of "Lee Chong Wei" in our elite back-up or juniors?

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    cukup makan. agreed. but what's the ctc kpi ah? ;) Whats the point of having them when only lcw carries the flag? If lcw quit, worse still? ;)

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    After Malaysia failed in the last thomas & uber cup,

Bam has decided Malaysia cannot rely on one or two players

So that's why they came up with the restructuring program.

And such a change we all know will not work overnight.

The question now is,

by the time the new breed picks up,

Would there be still the big five or big eight?

There is a lot of difference here :eek:

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, situation is not that dire, not the whole team, MS dept perhaps, for 5 to 6 years after LCW retire
    WS & WD, well, never been much high hopes (& concentration in developing) on them.

11. druss

druss Regular Member

Keep in mind that all the teams can't all be the best at the same time. I'm sure it's very cyclic.

12. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I hope we won't end up that way...

We have a bunch of promising juniors. Put the current under-performing back-up aside, focus also should be put on these new players... encourage and send them to play in many more international fields (i.e where many CHN/JPN/KOR/European etc juniors attend) to build on their confidence, as well as widen their experience... local circuit is not as challenging as the international. To keep them at home after their success o/sea is just a waste... Glad BWF came out with the new ranking system for the juniors and hope BAM takes full advantage of it.

But again, it really depends on the player whether he/she would take this profession seriously for the next ten or so years of his/her life. Can they sustain their interest, determination and most importantly, passion, in badminton? I stick to my belief that you can only taste success if you're determine and full of passion in whatever you do in life, plus you're feeling damn good about it. But not the case when you're in doubt and force yourself to do something you think you ought to do. Hope we won't have many more of these short-lived promising players to keep and pamper... It's really depressing to see... :(

13. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Yes MAS had been good at junior levels....but that's it. They (the juniors) stay stagnant , eg. Arif vs Chen Long. Both juniors same standard, but now?? miles apart. How come??
    My suggestion is keep the juniors and the FAT seniors apart. DON'T let them learn all the bad habits/attitude of the seniors.
    Send them out for more open tournaments, first junior level and then later Gold level.
    I just hope the new training commitee keeps to its focus to restructure the whole training programme.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Let's see how mas players results in AE.. except LCW.. let's see..