Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I guess its different for everyone. I struggle with the N50II / N70 (too head heavy for me) but love the N50 and N90II. :)

2. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

yes, i agree that its different for different people.

somehow, i find it much easier to play with the at700 (old one) than the n50II. compared to the at700, the n50II feels much head heavier.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The softer shaft is probably the reason why it feels head heavier as the head lags behind. I think the N90II feels less head heavy than the N50II, even though on paper, it's head heavier. But somehow I dont really like to play with it a lot, just in relaxed mixed/doubles - the N50 feels much better when I need a faster racket than the N50II...

4. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

without doubts!! definitely N90 is the hardest rackets to master and control. Suitable for strong advanced level single player! thick frame & stiff shaft... urgh....

still... i will classified it as a classics due to its enormous power!

5. cypher1212

cypher1212 Regular Member

student

CY used N33 when it was first designed for him. He used N77 during the 2009 World Championships. After that , i think he changed to N70 during the 2010 World Championships. CY has been changing many rackets for various tournaments. I think its because he wants to find out the racket that really suits him and feels good on him.

Cheers

6. jenkkin

jenkkin New Member

Could you tell me about UC3720

7. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Other than the difference in BP for the N55 and N55-II, is there any major difference between the two?

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think the stiffness has changed, it's een made a bit stiffer as far as I know - like most of the 2nd gen rackets

9. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

So is the N55-II considered extra stiff like NS9900 or on par with an at900p stiffness? Any major difference in feel?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I really dont know. I would guess it's probably on par with the 900P or maybe even a bit stiffer, but not close to NS9900. It's all guesswork though, it's not available at all here (just through some Japanese/Hong Kong shops)...

11. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

As long as it's not as stiff as the 9900 I should be good. Hopefully it gets more reviews soon because I need to know if I should get the n55 or n55-II. I'm kinda leaning towards the N55-II because it looks way better and it's head heavier but if there's a major difference in feel/power then I would go for whichever has better feel/power.

12. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    ditto! N-55 was one of those rackets which looked liked a blend of yellow arc10 and some downgraded arrows from the N-90. But the II version... i had to whistle at that. Pretty sure that both rackets are similar, although on the bbeshop (http://www.bbeshop.com/lining/lining2010/racket_n552.htm) the N-55 II is medium flex (which is probably stiff in Yonex terms) while N-55 is VERY stiff. Haven't actually got around to swinging both rackets, but if they were the same, i'd by N-55 II in a flash

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I played with the N55 and it was Medium to stiff, not very stiff.

14. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find a thread where comparisons are made between Yonex and Li Ning. Sort of a Yonex vs Li Ning equivalent chart. Can Anybody make a list who's played with the N series and most of Yonex's high end rackets and list which is closest to the other. For eg. AT900T similar to Li Ning N50II ? (from what I hear anyways) Thanks. =)

15. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Do you happen to mean yellow Ti-10? Cause I don't think a yellow arc10 was ever made. I just hope it's true that Li-ning medium = yonex stiff otherwise I'd be wasting money. I could never use med flex rackets except for maybe ti-10 yellow.

Would you have found that the arc10 or 900p have the same stiffness because one person may feel that an uber stiff racket isn't stiff while others think the same racket is too stiff? I just want to see your perspective so I can compare it to my perspective on their stiffness.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While I haven't actually played with the Arc10 or 900P, they felt a stiffer than the N55. The 900P was actually quite close, the Arc10 felt noticeably stiffer. I'm not someone for Ultra-stiff rackets, I usually prefer the N50II or N50. I currently play with the PP TPro, which is just between stiff and medium imop. The N50II and N50 feel pretty flexible to me, medium flex, As does the Z-Slash. The V70 feels soft & kinda "wobbly". Hope this helps...

17. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Interesting, cause I feel the same way about the 900p and arc10 in terms of stiffness when I use them. I think the 900P feels little more flexible due to the head being heavy compared the the arc10. I also use the Ti-10 yellow which is even more flexible than the arc10/900P due to the longer shaft and maybe that's the case for the N55 as well but I don't know if that's true.

Do you know anyone that has played with the N55 and it's 2nd gen to compare stiffness or has tried your N55 and used an arc10/900p? Also, I've read on here that the N55 has an oval shaped head, so does that mean it's not isometric or is it like the Z-slash where it's semi-oval/isometric (link here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...s-Fan-Club-)?p=1346290&viewfull=1#post1346290) ?

18. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    lol i was talking about the arc 10 design but in yellow. Actually if you look at the website http://www.bbeshop.com/racket_lining.htm, all of the second generation rackets are either same stiffness or more flexible. The N55 is labelled as "very stiff" while N55II is "medium Flex", Ive compared it to the Arc10 and the N55 is slightly stiffer

19. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    Actually im not too sure about how Li-ning say how much flexibility... N90 is quite a soft racket, but http://www.bbeshop.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardID=5&ID=16484&page=1 says that its very stiff... liars. If that's stiff then soft is like a wet noodle. N55 felt stiffer and yet is suppose to be the same. Anyone know how Li-ning chose their stiffness? or can compare N90 to N55II? (I can do it sometime within the next two weeks probably...but if anyone has the rackets who can test it out) Im considering buying N55II for tournaments so if the string breaks on the N90 i still have a backup (I chose N55II just because of the paint job :D)

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The N90 IS stiffer than the N55 - but the N55 is lighter and the BP is lower, which makes bending it harder. Are you by chance used to head-heavy rackets? At first, I felt the same, but after getting used to lighter rackets, the N90 feels stiff. The high BP just makes it feel softer than it actually is.