now hafiz wants to quit BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

As expected, Habiz Hashim lost to the German guy Marc Zwiebler in the 1st round... 21-16 21-13... This will be his last match under BAM flag... bye bye Yoyo... :)

2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    It is really sad. I liked him before, his playing style is just so relaxed but also so detailed and pin point. He was the upcoming player, He beat datuk a few times.... now i dont know what is he doing or going on in his mind.. i wish i have the opportunity like he did..

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

He will focus on INA league...

4. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Water still runs deep man.. i dont know what motivation there would be for him??

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

May be he needs a new environment... a new challenge... Not sure how he can survive if he failed to find sponsorships... It's not like he will win many matches in INA leagues and bag the big money there....

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I dont think Hafiz will have problem finding sponsor if more unknown players can get sponsor.

After all, hafiz is weell known in msia

7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    if Apacs willing to sponsor KBH , why not some one fork out the $$$ for Habis ?? ~~

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    let him belah lah. Only when there's a good result like reaching semis we talk about him. Else waste of time. ;) Even qtr final also tough. ;)

9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

wow.... cold as the korean winter

10. extremenanopowe

yup. especially when you are given so many donkey years of chances... lol. ;) Some are treated worst than him. So, can count his blessing lah. ;)

11. extremenanopowe

For hafiz, it is important to do the fundamentals right, like stamina, speed, strokes, smash, net and defence. So many unforced errors.

When you can even get the fundamental right, no point playing riskier fancy games. ;) Becomes a laughing stock for opponents. Hope this helps a little in making his return, if he really means it. ;)

He and the backup doubles should really be honest with themselves on the effort. I don't think the coaches can help much from now. ;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Habis prefers yonex la;)

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    well if Yonex wanna continue to work with him why not ?? off topic look at Adebayor even though is just 6 months period he still opted to go Bernabeu ~~

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday March 12, 2011
    Hafiz all fired up to improve after joining KLRC
    KUALA LUMPUR: A new club, a new sponsor and a renewed determination.
    Having officially joined the KL Rackets Club (KLRC) yesterday, and inking a lucrative two-year sponsorship deal with Li Ning, shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim is all fired up to raise his game above mediocrity and translate it into his first-ever Olympic Games ticket.

The latest developments have only made the 29-year-old Hafiz more determined than ever to make the trip to the London Olympic Games – even though qualification had become more stringent.
    A country can have a maximum of two players if both are ranked within the top eight and limited to only one if he or she is ranked in the top 16.
    Hafiz is currently ranked 26th in the world while compatriot Lee Chong Wei is the world No. 1.
    “I have joined KLRC to revive my badminton career. I am grateful that KLRC and Li Ning are giving me a second chance in my efforts to qualify for my first-ever Olympic Games,” said Hafiz.
    “It will be tough but I am all fired up to improve myself.”

Hafiz has experienced a rollercoaster ride in his badminton career since joining professional outfit Nusa Mahsuri in 1999. He joined the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) in 2008 before leaving on Feb 11.
    He has also won some significant titles in the last 12 years, including the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games gold medal, the 2003 All-England and 2006 Swiss Open crowns. He even played quite an influential roles in the team events, especially the Thomas Cup Finals.

Asked why he did not rejoin Nusa, Hafiz said: “I wanted to try something new. I did not enjoy good results over the last few years but I am hoping that my fortunes could change under this new venture.”
    Hafiz will initially train without a coach although he has made a deal to train under former internationals K. Yogendran and Yeoh Kay Bin, who owns the New Vision Academy in Section 14, Petaling Jaya, twice a day.

“I will be competing in 14 tournaments, including the Super Series and GP Gold events, without a coach. There are incentives from my club and sponsor if I do well. But eventually, my success will depend on me. And I intend to stay motivated.”
    Hafiz’s immediate goal is to qualify for this year’s World Championships, which will held in London in August.
    A country can have a maximum of three players if all of them are in the top 24 bracket and Hafiz will be seeking to improve his ranking in the Swiss Open next week.

“I won the Swiss Open once (in 2006) and, hopefully, I will be able to raise my game even higher as an independent player,” said Hafiz during a press conference at Rebung Restaurant in Bangsar yesterday.
    Hafiz, who will leave for Basel this morning, is seeded ninth in the GP Gold event. The other prominent players in the fray in the Swiss Open are top seed Lee Hyun-il of South Korea, Denmark’s Joachim Persson and Indonesia’s Simon Santoso.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/3/12/sports/8255015.asp&sec=sports

So, HH has signed with Li NIng, must be good deal

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    both are sinking ships...

16. eaglehelang

LOL, Boss, dont let Li Ning bosses hear that. I thought LI NIng doing well in terms of sales, market share.
    As for yoyo(I dont want to call him Habis), dunno what Li Ning see in him, hahaha

17. extremenanopowe

he sponsored lining? lol. a surprise. LiNing must be screwed? ;)

18. eaglehelang

Hafiz gets Olympic boost

2011/03/12

HAFIZ Hashim has never played in an Olympics and that is something he wants to achieve as a professional player when the world's biggest show is staged in London next year.
    Hafiz's dream received a boost when he secured a one-year sponsorship deal with KLRC Berhad and a two-year deal with China's largest badminton equipment manufacturer, Li Ning yesterday.

Hafiz, who will receive a monthly salary from KLRC and performance-based incentives, will compete in 14 tournaments this year to improve his current world ranking of No 26. He must break into the top eight by the end of April next year to qualify for the Olympics.

KLRC will fully fund his overseas trips while Li Ning will not only become his official equipment sponsor but will also pay for his expenses in tournaments which is sponsored by the the China-based company.

"I have been in touch with KLRC since I decided to leave the BA of Malaysia (BAM) after the Malaysia Open (in January) and they have given me a good deal. My objective is to make the most of it and qualify for the Olympics. This is probably my last chance," said the 29-year-old.

"In fact, KLRC has been interested in offering me a contract over the last three years and the time is right for me to chart my future on my own.

Hafiz will train at the New Vision Badminton Academy where he will be assisted in training by former national players Yeoh Kay Bin and K. Yogendran.

KLRC chairman Datuk Seri Andrew Kam welcomed Hafiz's arrival to his club and is optimistic the player will achieve his goals in the near future.

"We are happy that Hafiz has opted to join KLRC and will help him achieve his dream of playing in the 2012 London Olympics. Hafiz still has the desire to play top level badminton and KLRC wants to give him a platform so as to enable him to reach his desired goals," said Kam.

Hafiz's new career as a professional begins with the Swiss Open starting in Basel on Tuesday.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/46hahwhizz/Article/art_print

Qualify OG? LOL, LOL, LOL

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    not bad.... a step forward towards professionalism...

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow li ning.. not bad:cool:

hope he can play like a chinese player:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.