Kason Twister F9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ioxyg3n520, Mar 15, 2012.

1. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Why am I feeling exactly the different thing from you haha???? I had both ,using this two made me felt like ...c7 flex more,most probably because of the heavy head I think...>

2. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I did tried swinging both C7 and F9 at the shop, empty racket and I could feel F9 is more flexible obviously... Even the specification are so...

3. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    U tried it first,theres been lot of review regarding these and I personally like f9 cause it generated power easier...

4. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    u love smashing? GET A F9 LAR..i have here,u still wan?\

5. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    28 maximum? 28 is the sweetest tension for normal player guah,i string at 30 also no problems,been stringing it for the past half years. did u mishit?

6. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

I don't really try to clear to their corners, but i understand that strategy.
    This thing just cuts through the defense so nicely... I don't really feel a drop in control, but that's just me. The extra repulsion does take some getting used to...
    Btw, anyone try (from the video in the training section) Haifeng's tap, slice, and heavy smashes?

7. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Guys, anyone know how much AJ selling for C7 and F9?

8. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    If not mistaken, RM450 each...

9. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    seriously?@@

10. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

My 2 cents on F9 twister!

Hey guys so heres my little review on that racket after trying it today. Ill start by stating that my main racket is a 3u MX 80 from Victor.

First off, the racket in itself looks reaaally good. Nice colours and design, good looking
    Being a balanced racket, i was expecting to have a hard time with smashes, even if Fu has deadly smashes, but it has incredible power. Very forgiving, it has a huge sweet spot and took me about 2 mins to get used to. I believe strings were bg 66um @ around 25, but not sure since it was my friends racket, and didnt get to ask him.

For smashing, it is a great weapon...big easy smashes, i fell in love with that racket rather quickly. Ill rate this racket 9/10 for power. (10 mins of hard drill smashing and jump smash)

Defensively, it felt not too bad. Swings fast and gave me easy back to back clear. Ill give it a 7.5/10

Drives were pretty easy and powerful with it. Fast swinging, good defence again so 8/10 for drives.

Netshots, it was a letdown =/ The extra flex gave me issues with getting those nice tight netshots and pushes i get with my MX 80. 6/10

Overall precision: a bit lacking with this racket, due to that big flex...a few times i ended up just shooting it a ft or two out :p Possibly due to the big difference between my MX 80 and that racket.

Conclusion: keep in mind that racket was made specificly for Fu, who is a doubles player and spends 90% of the time in the back of the court when attacking :p He can allow himself to play with a less precise netshot racket since he isnt required as much to do these shots. Even if i had a few issues with that racket, ill still give it a 7.5 overall because it is a very well made racket and feels very good. So, if your a singles player, i wouldnt suggest it. If your are a defensive doubles player or if your a forward playing guy in doubles, i would not suggest it at all. ALtough if you are confident to be able to just make these smashes pour from the backcourt, then you might actualy get a good surprise! With the right strings this is a surprising racket!

11. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    Damn, I'm more of the control type but I'm getting this racket this Friday if everything is smooth :)
    Is it really that difficult to do net shots with it? If yes, I'll b having a hard time playing singles hahaha

12. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Hi,
    Do you know what's the balance point of the F9? Do you think it's head heavier than the Voltric 70?

13. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Hi,

But won't a head heavy racket more powerful for smash than the F9 which is even balance?

14. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

How is it compare to Arcsaber 10? is it more powerful?

15. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    I think the head weight is just slightly heavier the VT70, probably not even noticeable by much. A head heavy racket in general can be more powerful for smash, but using the F9 allows you to swing faster so it's still a pretty excellent racket for smashing. Btw I've used a VT80 and F9.

Compared to the ARC10, the ARC10 is stiffer than the F9. Both are even-balanced, but personally I feel that there's more head weight for the F9 so it's more powerful for smash, but not by a huge difference.

16. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I have used both the normal and PG editions of Arcsaber 10.... compared to F9, they have better control, but it comes to smashing and drives, F9 is much better.

Maybe it's the string I use - NBG98.... but I have never smashed or drived better with other rackets.

17. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Yeah the control is better for ARC10 due to the stiffness. I've always used BG66-UM (used NBG98 once), I think both are great string for smashing and driving.

I think you're like one of my friends, a user of ARC10 finds it hard to use any other rackets.

18. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Why does it swing faster? it's a normal isometric head shape no? i also read other reviews that say the F9 has a larger sweet spot, is it because the head shape is bigger or it's the frame shape that makes it bigger?

19. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Thank you all for your reply,

I'm also looking at the Rsl diamond x7 silver and carbon, they say it's pack with alot of new technology and it's much cheaper than the Kason F9.
    Have you guys have the experience to compared those two ?
    Do you think the Kason F9 is over priced since it's used by Fu Haifung?

20. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Does anyone know if the F9 a hold type or repulsion type of racket?