Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Goh TW

Goh TW Regular Member

I dont think so, due rexy is a good coach.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    well..maybe it's basically just an up n down moment..nothing so big about it.Even the legendary Rudi Hartono ever got lost in his prime time.No biggie!

3. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

somehow...i so agree with you..

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    It May Not Be An ''upset Or Shock'' The Japanese Pair Beat Kkk/tbh.they Did It In Last Wc Too.

Tan Has Improved Alot Recently.and Koo Is Still Trying To Show-off His Skill When He Play In The Court.

''they R Still Young.they R Overrated.mk-hs Also Beat By The Japs.'' This Is Not The Excuse For Them To Lose.

Hope The Downhill Of Tbh-kkk Is Not The Same As Mr.yoyo.or Maybe All England Champion Is A Curse For Msia Player?

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yes this part I know, we "the fans" are often the ones being laughed at.
    And as I said many, many, many, times, in real life, we are the minority. :) . It takes guts to be the minority, being called idiots or dreamers by the majority, which constitutes about 80%.

I have to saying this cos some non Msian BCers even think majority of Msian fans are blind supporters, in reality it is not so.

It is easy to say "they're useless", etc, etc. It's easy to support when the players are winning, it is easy not to support when they keep losing - this is what has been said by the players & non Msians.
    I've frequently have had the embarassment of explaining to questioning non Msians why Msians dont support own players - effects my reputation too as a Msian.

The metrics, like press reports or statistics are about the only things we small minions have to use. The funny thing is Indonesia fan like Badmania has started defending them too, lol.

Fools or dreamers we may be called -if in real life the impossible has become possible, anything can happen.

#65 eaglehelang, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well...Hong Kong badminton fans must be scatching their head right now. Who on earth will even think of Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo (ranked at a lowly 18th spot in the WR table) ACTUALLY BEATING the World No 1 Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun...the pair which reputedly can only be beaten by Indonesian and Malaysian pairs. The HKG pair has such a dismal record against the World No 1 that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to think of an upset, unlike the Japanese pairs (ranked 12th and 14th), who have shocked us before :cool:

Oh...not to mention Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen, the 2 times All-England winners (I vaguely remember this pair is someone's favorite pair :p) crashed out in the very first round too, to Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hu Chung-Hsien (ranked a lowly 22). This defeat must have be embarassing too, right?

Chan Chi Choy (the HKG Head Coach) must be thinking: what on earth gets to my players this week....the one supposed to win ended up losing (Zhou Mi), and the ones we predict will lose ended up victorious (Yip Pui Yin and the Indonesian-born pair).

Imagine if you are Li Yongbo and Chen Xingdong....both of your MD pairs lost in the early rounds....at least INA and MAS have 1 aging pair each.

The fact is, we have seen some miracles happening this week.

7. eaglehelang

LOL, you havent seen previous posts that got locked when threads similar to this got started on KKK/TBH, he he.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Let's see...I predict a similar fate for this thread in the near future :eek::p

9. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Let's hope that heated debates stay cool and hopefully this one won't be locked up ;)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

It would help if KKK dont make bold statements like "we are ready to plunder again in Europe" before a tournament. He should deliver first before running his mouth off.

And yes, you are spot on!! "If in real life the impossible has become possible, anything can happen" .... yes!! KKK/TBH got bundled out in the very 1st round of the AE.

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    the first bolded statement, that was said by ONE fan. she is very zealous. i dont agree with it but she is a fan and how she express it is her prerogative. :)

please do give us more than one reason. :)

even CY/FHF is out now. so i was right about underdogs taking the helm this ALL ENGLAND. :p

i suspect that those you called realist are not really fans in the first place. supporting based on metrics, mental strength...etc etc, are not being a fan, that is being a bookie. or an analyst. a fan support with their hearts. fans means supporting your team through good and bad. liverpool fans dont stop supporting their team because they haven't won in a while. in fact they are more behind the team knowing they will win again. that is a fan. we can criticize and be disappointed and even hate our player at times but being a fan means you will still support them. if you dont, you are not a fan. you are just an outsider critizing (some constructively and others merely critizing based on what they see on the outside). this ALL ENGLAND showed that all players have their ups and downs. be it the favourites or the underdogs. maybe what some people are mad about is the fact that this pair go up way too fast and way too soon. and fans sung their praises way too loud. :D:p;)

and the following statement, that came not from a fan (badmania is MK/HS fan and the fan of indonesian team), is as real as it gets but people ignore what he had to say. people will say it is just statistics. i never once think CY/FHF is going downhill nor did i ever think MK/HS is going downhill. these are top players, good players. and they still are. i dont hear any of their fans crticizing them or any "realist" criticizing them. why is that?:rolleyes::confused::cool:

12. eaglehelang

Badmania, that's not in the impossible category yet:D.
    Albertus/Yohan have been around a while. If a stratch pair that ranks no 60 beats Fu/Cai or Kido/Setiawan, then only big news. ;) I would have put World no 150++ but SS only top 60 can play in qualifiers.

Your Luluk/Alvent not that old lah, 28, 29 only right? They're having another wave of resurgence
    And you dont seem too sad your heros, Kido/Setiawan lost in 1st round.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So very true.....not only the 1-time AE MD Champion got bundled out early in the 1st round.

The 2 times AE MD Champion, Eriksen/Hansen also lost to a lowly Chinese-Taipei pair also in the 1st round.

My favorite pair, the current World Champion, Kido/Hendra also lost to a Japanese pair (sadly :mad::crying:)

Most shocking of all, the World and AE Champions, Fu/Cai also suffered a humiliating defeat to a Hong-Kong pair.

And the former Olympic Champion, Tony/Candra lost to a Korean pair (remember...one of them formed a scratch pairing and beat Koo/Tan not so long ago).

Zhang Ning, the 2-times World Champion and Olympics Gold Winner lost in the first round.

The best thing is, Xie Xingfang, the World No 1, the 3-times AE and 2-times WC Champions, the red hot favorite for the Gold in Olympics this year got bundled out too by a young HKG girl in the very first round :D

Oh well...I forgot that except for Koo/Tan and Eriksen/Hansen (someone's own fav pair) the rest are already either World Champions or Olympics Gold Medallists....so....nothing embarrasing about their loss. Shame on them....not a World Champion yet....and losing in the very first round...sigh..:crying:

#73 badMania, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The loss of Fu/Cai made up for my bad mood yesterday :D

Suddenly, everything is rosy once again :p

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Look Who's Talking

Well, even the coach seems terribly exasperated.
    Rexy Mainaky feels that KKK & TBH are losing all the time :eek:
    I'm referring to post # 71 by Dato_Asbullah

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

First, thanks for your compliment :)

Mostly OT here:
    I like the highlighted words that you have written. So very true! Like Manchester-United fans in the barren years before they eventually won a title again! Like the recent few years when everyone so very conveniently write off Manchester United and Arsenal (due to Chelsea's overwhelming dominance in 2004-2006). But we never stop supporting the team, don't we?

The media even cried out for Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger to step down...but they hung on and looked at where they are right now.

You can't deny that Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong were a revelation when they won those titles in 2006 and 2007. Similar to Chelsea in the last 3 years. But, every team and pair WILL HIT a rough patch....it's just inevitable :cool:

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    rexy should be exasperated. they are his charges. he trains them. he has the right to be upset. and fans have a right to be upset. i know i am. i am disappointed. i am exasperated. i am sad. but i still support. i can see other players also go through bad times. i like their fans who still support them through thick and thin. i will too. the only thing that will stop me being a fan is when these players dont even try. when these players stop caring. when these players do something that shows bad character. until then, i will stay a fan. ;):eek:

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Of course...Rexy will undoubtedly feel sad. But, to say that Koo/Tan are losing ALL THE TIME will be exagerrating...don't forget the part when he said that he got used to it when Koo/Tan kept on winning last year.

The last titles for Koo/Tan were the back-to-back Macau and Denmark Opens (which ended in early November). It's ONLY 4 mths without a title!

Remember...Kido/Hendra hit a rough patch too when they lost (all the time, to quote Rexy), since their victory at the Invitational World Cup 2006 in November 2006. Their next title was only at the World Championships in August 2007. That's 8 barren months! It also took them almost a year without title, from the Indonesia Open title in Sep 2005 to their next title in Hong Kong Open in September 2006.

Fu/Cai also hit a bad patch after winning their first title (Swiss Open in March 2004) and only won another back-to-back titles in and All-England 2005. Thats ONE FULL YEAR without a title! Even after that AE title, they again hit a rough patch until November 2005, another 7 barren months! Following that, another 6 barren months until the Chinese-Taipei Open 2006. After their World Championships title in September 2006, again, they hit another barren patch which ended only in Singapore Open in May 2007, another 7 barren months!

I wonder what will Rexy say to the media if he's Fu/Cai's coach during those barren periods :eek:

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well said, as always, sister ! :)

20. morphy

morphy Regular Member

I agree with those statements esp the bolded parts...well said. Nothing I hate more than to see a player that doesn't even try - even if it happens to be the opposition!

But I don't feel this is about supporting or not supporting your team when things aren't going well. If support means contantly following your teams' progress and wanting to see them succeed more than anything else then you're a fan....that never goes away even when they're losing. But being a fan doesn't mean you can't also be critical. Does it help your team..probably not. But that's part and parcel of professional sports. It's result oriented and when they fail, its usually in front of thousands and hundreds of thousands more in front of the TV. When you or I fail, probably only a handful of people will know about it.

Back to KKK/TBH, they won't have had all the accolades and praise and hype and ardent loyal fan following if they hadn't produced the results they did. If they hadn't won a single tournament ever at all we won't even be talking about them much less have a thread like this. my point is when sports figures win, their fans love them. When they don't, they'll get criticisms. At least it shows that their fans care. The worst that can happen is when the fans don't care-that's when they cease to become fans.

I always feel bad for Canadian Baddy players because they get ZERO support at home. They'd love to even have 1% of the support or even just a hint of recognition MAS fans give to their players. Which is why in addition to MAS players, I'm also a Canadian supporter...they haven't had much impact internationally but I still support them. If I don't support them no one else will.

PS: I may not be living in MAS but grew up M'sian. Even went to the same school as KKK (SMI in Ipoh).