Will Zheng Bo get flamed on chinese badminton forums for AE SF loss?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Cheung, Mar 7, 2009.

1. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

DJ + ZB will be the XD killer. they can probably match TBH/KKK :) joking. but DJ has got OG gold, no pressure any more, she should be selected to partner someone (ZB or FHF):)

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The punishment for each example is determined by their respective governing bodies. Each have a structure set up to deal with them. The so called crime in each case that you have cited is one that brings the sport into disrepute. Also each example (except the Phelps one because it's an individual sport) has your hall of fame big shot fighting against an opponent. ZB took out his frustration on his own partner. Nothing beats that!

The ZB case is not one that brings the sport into disrepute. It is an internal team matter. In his case he was given the responsibility as a senior to guide his team (albeit only a team of 2) to a win. Firstly, note that if ZB/MJ had lost but had done so fair and square, the CHN coaching staff would have had one less problem to correct. But because ZB had his infantile meltdown, more problems are created. CHN management has given him many chances to right this petulant behaviour so they have every right to reprimand him for his actions. They would be remiss not to do so.

You can keep poor, little, innocent ZB and his attitude. Given the opportunities that have been afforded to him, I'd never have someone like him like that on my team. When you sell out the team in the way he did, he deserves to be taken to task.

3. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I wonder how long the ZB/MJ experiment will last. If ZB is able to control himself better, there's a chance. Otherwise, 2 options:
    1) put ZB to pasture
    2) more likely assign him to a more forceful personality to keep him in check

In the back of her mind, MJ must have been dreading the thought of Big Brother watching her every move. I think MJ was pretty useless on the day regardless.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you are both correct. China didn't take risk, yet they did.

they fielded an unexperience MJ, true. but they also have He/Yu on the other side.

if you think about China not as individual players but as team as a whole, then they didn't really risk anything. and it was proved to be true. it was a experience (and character) building for MJ, while China still won the XD title.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    a bullseye shot kwun;) On WD, WS and XD, china has a solid finalist contender for each of the women event. It's like they have bought insurance so they can take some risk;):)

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That is the word I was looking for

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You forgot the part where another player was more harshly ciritised in BC for scolding his partner. The .... criticism Zheng Bo got in this thread? Less harsh. LD also got critised for the racket throwing incident.

Abt the same situation -> not in that situation exactly, but more grave - like the other party spurting verbal abuse or threatening to inflict bodily harm, in public, face to face. That's provoked. By not responding in kind, the other party is the one to lose face.
    ;)

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
  10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    But hey..cutest, too.
    don't think anyone disagree.
    A King Panda who had 2 AE titles.Not bad.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Right. Just because ZB looks roly poly doesn't make him the heaviest.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

He's all yours. Pemuda will be jealous :D

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Me and my wife had noted for the past 3 years that Gao Ling was not as all conquering at the net as she has been in the past. She often blocked or netted when the kill was on.

MJ did the same. I have no doubt that had GL not retired she would be still with ZB. But she isn't so she can't be.

I note your sarcasm.....

I think it is highly unlikely DJ will be paired with a top XD male. CHN would not let it happen. DJ is the brute, as Huang Sui & Wei Yili were in the past, they didn't play mixed, DJ won't to any level.

MJ needs time. XD net play is a skill that takes time to develop. YY is the CHN star now....

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Well, if you watch NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, etc you always see the "stars" screaming their lungs out to their teammates, or even coaches. They may even go public and voice their concerns. However, at the end of the day, they are still the hall of fames.

All I am saying is, in the match, many incidents are purely focus on the "fact", but not the "person". Kobe or LeBron can publicly criticized teammate's motivation or game decision, but they also treat most of their teammates as brothers afterward.

15. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Looks like I jump the gun. :eek:

How could I forget the 'body builder' Xie Zhongbo?

BMI = 86kg /1.88 x 1.88 = 24.33

Conclusion, muscles weigh more than fats. :D

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I was not keeping track of GL. I even only watched the XD because they happened to show it on TV (what kind of badminton fan am I?). :p:p:p

I was comparing the play of MJ to YY (in the finals). Certainly, YY did great in the finals. Good aggression, totally sealed the net, a touch of deceptive and she was even effective from the back court. Still, the XD player I enjoyed watching most (so far, with limited exposure) is Liliyana -- not that powerful yet she is such a good play maker. But that's already way off topic.

Back to MJ/ZB, ZB held it together quite well despite the runs of mistakes from MJ in G1 and half of G2. No doubt, G3 was lost in the hands of ZB but playwise, I think it's very hard to play a match at that level when the lady is not effective in front.

Just reminds me too much of the trouble I landed all my partners in last night because I played so so badly. Even the top players could not cover for all my mistakes :(:(:(. If ZB were my partner, he would have tried to kill me by stabbing me with his racket butt while sitting on me. Luckily I'm a guy and none of my partners weigh as much as me :p:p.

17. viver

viver Regular Member

Interesting observation. I felt the same though I am not sure if this was from 3 years back - so long. Remember watching some XD matches and even some WD matches when she paired Huang Sui - she did not command the net with the same authority.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

19. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Let's see how long before ZB 'explode' again. :p

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Well, he better read all the comments before thinking of repeating it in swiss open.