Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student
    Split...?

World number 8....
    Semi-Finalist in London Olympics...

Split?

Instead of getting them motivated, hungry again... They decide to split them?

When athlete went slump, what they need is support and the right person to motivate them... And those 2 didn't even slump too much!!!

People are being unrealistic! What do they expect them to be? Lee Chong Wei of doubles?! Just because they didn't win medals mean they suck? Come on BAM!

People are being too unrealistic, what are they expecting them to be? WINNING EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT THEY JOIN?! From what I remember, they're still constant Quarter-Finalist, their Semi-Final appearance is not that rare either!

Great! Split them and team them up with incompetents, this will really turn them into 2 Lee Chong Wei of Doubles. Do your worst BAM!

#1841 AirStyles, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Don't bother. . .we've been on this for the last few pages of posts :eek:

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

chill!!! i think WR 8, constant QF is not the main point
    BAM and Malaysians want to see titles start coming in
    to be frank, I cant remember when they last won a significant weight title...
    MO 2010?
    but i think QF and SF appearance is indeed very rare...

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

GVS has the hunger, but not sure if he can match up to the skill of KKK. But GVS/TBH should have potential, compared to KKK/LKW, I think that partnership will go to dead end.

Hopefully it will provide with 2 solid pairs instead of just one. But I think that it will give us one decent pair (GVS/TBH) that might not even match up to KKK/TBH.

Talking about new partners, Ow Yao Han needs someone better :(

5. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/profile/history.aspx?id=68C7E441-2474-4690-BB06-4FEA0A8B91DC

go count. They were slump in 3 tournaments, only recently they're slowly picking up their form again!

After India Open, they have been doing well!

Split them as they're recovering! Very smart!

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Slow is not good enough.

They can always be put back together again in the future. Now is the time to experiment a bit. Freshen up their play by using different partners.

7. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student

All England... Wait... Just to be safer...

World Championship 2013... I call it

8. danielwong

Salesman

lol, i am neutral on whether they should stay or split...
    but i did check the link you gave....did you click and check the tourney one by one?
    who they beat when enter QF or if lucky SF?
    if lost in early rounds, who defeated them??

9. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student
    OH!!!

You start counting from All England? half a year ago.

Their 3 most recent defeat are in the hands of 3 best pair in the world

10. danielwong

Salesman

they did give few false alarm in the past about their resurgence..
    anyway as mentioned i have no expectations on them atm.....
    both way is fine for me....

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Actually, the talk abt splitting them has been going on since 2008. At the time, I support them still stick together as they had only been partners 2 years. This time, after Rexy left, they dont have the motivation anymore. Previously, they can raise up after going down. The last time I saw some semblance of that was 2011 AE where they were runners upI have been supporting Koo/Tan all the while, when the naysayers say they wouldnt get past QF of major tournaments, I saw it as they reserving their best for major tournaments.True enough, Koo/Tan prove them wrong in 2010. This time unfortunately,I dont see signs of it happening or hapening in near future

#1851 eaglehelang, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  12. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

They have already agreed for the splitting, it's no use for us to bring this up anymore. Kinda sad to see such talent wasted like that. Hopefully this 'hunger' of GVS's isn't just a 'hot-hot chicken ****' :D

13. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    KKK-GVS was a disaster. So was TBH-LKW. I don't know if the other way around would make much difference, but it's certainly worth looking forward to.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They still together till end of this year. 2013 only divorce.:D
    TKH suggestion is partner with youngsters for GP level, it's still Koo/Tan for SS.
    BUT, if KKK really has fears his career will die with split with TBH, it's not unfounded. Remember CCM/KKK and HTH/TBH were split so KKK/TBH can partner. See what happen to CCM, retire earlier than expected. Ah How's career could not take off the ground, upsets here & there yes, win titles no.

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yes, KKK/GVS was a disaster in the Thomas Cup.

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

CCM has better results with chew choon eng that period... ah how right now is satisfied with TWK...

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So AFTER ALL, they still TOGETHER as a pair again..:)
    CONGRATS BAM:D

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

untill end of this year...

19. danielwong

Salesman
    i heard until WC next year?
    must enter Final wor

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Untill WC next year..

[h=1]Koo-Tan to stay together until next year’s world meet[/h][h=2]By RAJES PAUL[/h]

KUALA LUMPUR: Top men’s doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong’ birthday wishes have been fulfilled – they will stay together until next year’s World Championships in Guangzhou, China.
    And there is a bonus point for them too.
    If they reach the final at the world meet, they can hold on to their partnership for even a longer time. That is the benchmark set by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) after an exco meeting headed by Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh yesterday.
    The duo, who came short of winning the world title at the 2010 edition in Paris, had celebrated their birthdays on Tuesday.
    Kien Keat and Boon Heong, who turned 27 and 25 respectively, are currently competing in the ongoing Japan Open.
    Yesterday, Nadzmi said that they decided to retain the partnership of Kien Keat-Boon Heong due to several reasons although many had felt that they should be split after their failure to win any medal in their second Olympic Games outing in London recently.
    The duo had been struggling to win major titles and had shown over the last two years that they are not in the same league with the world’s top three pairs – Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China, Lee Yong-dae-Chung Jae-sung of South Korea and Denmark’s Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen.
    In fact, Nadzmi felt that Koo and Tan should part ways after he returned from London with the badminton players last month.
    Nadzmi said that BAM had decided to give them a last chance to save their partnership but he added that the duo would have extra duties.
    “We deliberated at length over this matter. Of course, we are frustrated with their results but they have appealed to us to keep them together. We are giving them one more chance and have set targets for them. We are being fair,” said Nadzmi.
    “We will review their partnerships after next year’s World Championships. Winning a world title is not easy but we want them to, at least, reach the final.
    “At the same time, the duo will be paired up with younger partners. They will be tasked with helping to raise the standard of their lesser known partners but they will play together in Grand Prix tournaments.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong received a first round bye in the Japan Open and the good news yesterday may be just the right tonic for them to go all the way and win their first Super Series title in two years in Tokyo.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/9/20/sports/12055412&sec=sports