Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

hmmm yes i finally got my li ning n90 feels light for some reason hahahha but the head is definetely heavier than my ns800

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think the S-type should be a bit lighter and softer, but the normal N90II is also less powerful than the N90 imop. Lighter and a tad stiffer.

3. linty1

linty1 Regular Member

Hello, I'll post this hear as well, since there seems to be so many Li-ning racquet experts here, I'm looking for suggestions for a li-ning racquet, doesn't have to be n series. The current racquet i'm playing with is the Black Knight Magnum 40xl and Nanospeed 9900. I like the Nano9900, but the shaft is too stiff, my smash arm actions are long and slow, so when I use it, it feels like i'm really pushing something heavy, but I like it as I feel my reaction is quicker and I can pick others smashes more. The Mag40 is my usual one. Can somebody recommend one with flexible shaft, overall light weight for picking, and similar to the two I described above? Thank you in advance for your help.

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    not sure about LiNing racquets , but the Carlton and Kawasaki have flex shafts on their top models?

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I attended the first round matches of the Thai Open today and realised that besides Boonsak, Thai players Sophon and Kunchala have also made the switch from Kumpoo to Li-Ning. Sophon plays with a N90II and I believe Kunchala uses the N70II.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would reccomend N77 to you, if you want even lighter Windstorm 650/660 is a good option as well.

/Twobeer

7. linty1

linty1 Regular Member

Thank you,
    How does the N77 compare to the N33II?

8. jasonlhb

jasonlhb Regular Member

Wellness Coach (Weight Loss, Weight Gain, Healthy
    Li Ning Fans. Hi all, I have used the Yonex Voltric 80 before, 3U4... not suitable to me to play double, for single ok. I feel too heavy, net skills and defense become not flexible and my hand easily get tired by just maybe play one or two games only(not stamina, just the hand feel). So that, base on this experience, which N-series of Li-Ning for suitable to me? planing buy Li-Ning racket...
    My style during the games is I have smashing a lot during a games, playing double because quite hard to get the single mate. So, most of the time playing double only. Therefore, share me your experience how to choose a Li-Ning N-Series racket. I need powerful smashing(strongly need) without lost at the defense side.
    How different between N50 or N50II? how about the N55-II, very like the design^^ ... any compare between N90 and N90II?

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. If the V80 is already too heavy, you won't like the N90 either, it's at least as heavy/head heavy. The N50II is pretty heavy, with a moderately head heavy balance (BP~295mm), and medium stiff. The N50 has a lower BP (~290mm), but is quicker, and -for me- nearly as powerful.
    The N90II might be an option, it's lighter and not as head heavy as the N90, but stiffer. It will only be powerful if you have sufficient technique, you need to have good timing and a quick swing to get power out of this racket. Maybe not a good choice if the V80 tires you out.
    The N55 (havent played with the N55II) is similar to the N50II, but stiffer, which feels pretty nice imop. On the other hand, it feels heavier than the N50.
    So, in conclusion - there are a number of suitable rackets, but if you can't last more than 2 games with the V80, you also need to increase your endurance. In addition to your badminton training, you could do some exercises for your forearm and wrist strength, like practice the tightening of the grip (20-30 repititions, as hard and quick as possible. Can be combined with a net kill drill, if someone feeds you shuttles).

If you can't use heavier rackets for a long time, perhaps you should get a lighter one and smash a little less - vary the pace, smash with different angles, it's just as effective as thundering down hard smashes all the time. Maybe even better (just look at Boe&Mogensen - they don't smash hard, but have very good placement and variation).

10. jasonlhb

jasonlhb Regular Member

thanks j4ckie for the useful information. so overall N50 will be suit my current situation?^^
    Yup, already plan to improve my forearm and wrist strength, planning to get a training racket that 150g to train myself. I used to use yonex head heavy racket, but till last time my coach sponsor the head light racket and yet have used it since last four years. Currently change back to yonex, Voltric 80, but i just tested for three times only. Maybe too much different with the old racket, maybe just tested few times only. But i sure is quite tires me due to the power of hand no enough. But by next week will go exchange the 4U Voltric80 with someone, see how is going for.
    Ya, without training, I have to smash a little less and think the efficiency time to use smashing. Still trying hard on getting more experience to play.

11. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

Dear Bro,

based on your situations, you need to decide what type of player you are! agressive or defensive! you can't get the best from both world.

N50 - more balance racket with slight heavy head (defense and attack)
    N90II - heavy head (aggressive rackets)
    N50II - overall weight is more heavy than N50 and N90II. slight head heavy just like N50.

I have the above 3 rackets including the 4UG5 VT80. usually i will switch between N90II and VT80. N50 & N50II is normally in my bag and occasionally taken out to play with the weak player.

12. jasonlhb

jasonlhb Regular Member

Ya, I place myself as aggressive player,because powerful and frequent smashing is my strength compare with the defense side. But playing double, defense is important too. that's y i'm looking the racket that can keep or improve my smashing while don't lost much at the defense side. Ya, next two week i can try 4U5, because I feel voltric80 help a lot in smashing and drop shot, and i feel more sharp to smash or drop the ball. just the weight let me feel tired, after that, lost in defense side and no flexible. So will see how on 4U5.
    Maybe add N50 and N90-II as my choice lo... yet, keeping my strength will be my first consideration to choose the racket, but also don't like the situation of voltric80 3u4 happen... haha... very difficult ya...

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well it depends on your technique and swing style, but the N50 can Be very powerful as well. You need a faster motion, but you can smash just as hard as with the N90II with it. The N50II is too heavy and feels sluggish imop, I think its overall weight is the biggest in the N series.

14. jasonlhb

jasonlhb Regular Member

really thanks the information, i initially thought the N50-II not heaver than N90 and N90-II and yet want to choose it... now i Know what racket that i will going for^^

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Careful: it's just the overall weight that's bigger. The swing feel of the N50II is slightly lighter/quicker than the N90, but slower than the N90II.

Speed: N50>>N90II>N55>N70>N50II>=N90
    Control: N90II>N90=N50=N55>N70>=N50II
    Power: N90>>N50II>N55>N90II>N70>=N50
    Stiffness: N90II>N90>N55>>N50(>)N70=N50II
    I dont own the N55, so I could be slightly wrong regarding it's placement in those scales. You must also note that this is MY estimate, and that control/power can be very different for another person. Speed and Stiffness are more objective, but can also vary (i.e. someone who doesn't feel the shaft flex like I do might feel the N70 is as quicker or even quicker than the N55 - I can feel the shaft bend and it makes the racket feel a little slower)

16. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yep I find I liked the N90II more than the N50II. Seemed to smash better, a bit like the old Yonex MP100. N50II would have a better swing and quicker for doubles/defence.
    The lightest Li Ning I know of is the Chen Jin one - N55II, still head heavy, but lighter.

If head heavy rackets tiring your arm, maybe go for a lighter racket, headlight (just swing it fast) or racket with more flexi shaft, so less effort as racket creates more energy (less control I think)

17. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

Anyone who has tried the N70 Storm ? Been looking long time on the N70 and the N55 but can't really choose which one.
    Already own a N90ll but I feel im not comfortable with THAT much head heavy even tho its a very very high quality racket and it got great feel and control. Any suggestions on Li Ning rackets ?

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Search the thread - there are quite a few reviews already.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D But it is impossible to search terms of only 3 characters like N70, it will yield no results ;)

Of course you can still search for it via google and half of the time it will point back to here anyway ...
    or use these search terms: review n70 site:www.badmintoncentral.com
    From what I remember anyway it does feel lighter than the N90/N90-II

#1399 demolidor, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I didn't mean by using the search engine, but by going back a few pages and looking through the thread manually....it's not THAT big^^
    The N70 is lighter and softer than the N90. It feels a little slower than the N90II (possibly because of the softer shaft), and is less controlled. On the other hand, it's much easier to get power out of this racket, and despite the high BP, it's quick enough for flat fast exchanges, mainly because you can get so much power into drives. Personally, I feel the shaft is too soft, and prefer other, more controlled rackets. Coming from a N90II, you might wanna change your tension by +1lbs (works for me).