Tine Baun (Tine Rasmussen)

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by Pemuda, Sep 16, 2007.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A nice article; worth a full read!

Baun wants to go out with a bang

Thursday January 17, 2013
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/17/sports/12586919&sec=sports

Excerpts:

The 33-year-old won the Malay­sian Open in 2008 and 2009 before going on to achieve more notable wins – like the Korean and Denmark Opens in 2009 as well as the All-England in 2010.

...“Malaysia is definitely one of my favourite destinations, having won the title here twice,” said Baun.

“But after being around for so long, I think it’s the right time to call it a day after the All-England.

“But it’s just sad knowing that I’ll be leaving the sport that I love so much. Luckily though, there are a few promising youngsters who just might step up although it’s definitely too early to say.

“For now, I’m actually looking forward to a good run here, before going back to my studies and em­­barking on a new career,” added Baun, who plans to be a health nutritionist while also doing some part-time coaching.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Last challenge to China by Baun

http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/l...china-by-baun/

Excerpts:

Tine Baun, the only woman in the past ten years to deny China an All England singles title, will finish a landmark career this week at the tournament which helped make her world number one.

...Baun’s two finals with world champion Wang Yihan – one won, one lost – have been among the All England’s great highlights and the rivals are seeded to meet again in Friday’s quarter-finals.

...“The All England is special for me: these were the biggest victories of my career. That’s why the decision is to end my career here now,” Baun said.

“After last year my feeling was ‘oh no, this can’t be my last time playing the All England’,” she added, a reference to the four quarter-final match points she boldly earned but was agonisingly unable to convert in another thrilling tussle with Wang.

...“The main thing is to go on court and enjoy being there, remembering all the good things and smiling, and also (to enjoy) being at the end because I feel good about that too.”

...A Danish successor to herself will take time. When her compatriot Camilla Martin, the 2002 All England champion, called it a day, Baun (then Rasmussen) lifted her standard suddenly and spectacularly. But right now her team mates are young, she points out. “They have some good talent, but it will be very difficult to go straight into the top ten. They need to look five years forward I think,” she said. “But I hope they will grow with more responsibility.”

From next week onwards Baun will fill her time by studying nutrition. She also hopes to start a family with Martin Baun, her physio, whom she married three years ago. But the transition from the travelling life she loves and away from the sport she adores may be difficult.

“I just hope that I can finish off in a good way, and play my sort of game as I want to,” she concludes. “And that if I lose, I lose to a better opponent, instead of playing terrible. Hopefully that smile will be there.”

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Peter Gade, Tine Rasmussen. the feared rolling off of the Danish guards have finally arrived, and unfortunately without any immediate candidate who can take up their position for a few more years.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Tine's farewell match with Camilla Martin!

http://badmintonbladet.dk/tine-baun-slutter-mod-camilla-martin/

Translation by Gargle...

It will be a good game of badminton nostalgia when Tine Baun and Camilla Martin play an exhibition match against each other, which goodbye to Tine Baun.

Tine Baun playing his last international tournament, when the All England will kick off on Wednesday 6 March. But it is not quite the last thing you get to see the defending Danish champion.

Baun must namely play farewell match against Camilla Martin.

"It was actually TV3SPORT's idea originally. They contacted me and asked if I would be interested in that was made such an arrangement, just as it was for the street, so I said yes to", says Tine Baun.

Martin thanked quickly yes

The match will take on 18 April in connection with Gold Kampen, where the Danish championship for teams to be decided, and Camilla Martin is looking forward to her to face her, who took over the throne when she joined.

- I know Tina for many years, and when I was asked if I wanted to play against her, so I said yes of course. We have traveled together, stayed in room together and trained together. And I would really like to give her a good evening, and allow people to say proper goodbye, says Camilla Martin.

Tine Baun can not wish for a better way to quit.

- I think it's the perfect sentence. I'm really happy that I also get the opportunity to say goodbye in front of the Danish audience, now that my last real match is not at home, said Baun.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    One for the road, then! :)

[​IMG]

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Post match interview with Tine after round 1....

[video=youtube;Q1T_csljbmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1T_csljbmY[/video]

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congrats Tine. You made it.. Winning the title you have made your country proud. Your dedication, hard work paid the price. Really a stupendous performance..

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    An emotional post-match interview with Tine, after she won the AE title.

Her last professional tournament, her last professional match, her finals, at the age of 33 when others have long given up the ghost.... and she wins it!!!! What a way to go!!!

[video=youtube;YQ1FftsTg5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1FftsTg5U[/video]

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    What a wonderful interview. Sincere and heartfelt. Can really sense here happiness right now. Nice to retire at the top.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Many congrats to Tine. What a way to take her final bow

12. Sterndi

Sterndi Regular Member

Student
    Why not stop at the top:D
    Congratulations to Tine! You deserved it!

13. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Why not stop at the top indeed.

Absolutely inspirational badminton both in the SF and the Finals.

14. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Have a farewell match against Wang Yihan, like Gade did with Lin Dan.

15. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    thank you tine...thank you for all the entertaining matches...still remember her first breakthrough at japan super series...then went on to win all england twice and then lastly for the third time...such a great player...her all england moments are always nice to watch

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    She is scheduled to have a farewell match with Camilla Martin. I think there is some info in the previous page...

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep.. I remember. But my wish for Tine baun to have a farewell match between Saina Nehwal, which would be a very entertaining and not forgottable one:).

Carolina Marin is an upcoming player. Most of the time the top women's singles players play to their extreme limit to win a match against this wonder girl. I am pretty much sure that the match between Tine Baun(with her current unbelievable form) and Carolina marin would be eye catchy. I am really looking forward to it..:)

18. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Camila Martin is a former great player from Denmark she was the top player in late 90's and early 2000 and she is the one from whom Tine Rasmussen drew inspiration during the start of her career. Alas, TB could continue Camila Martins legacy just after she retired but none from the Denish WS seems carrying that legacy now after TB at the scene... May be somebody would rise up to fill the void....

Susi Susanti and Camila Martin can we have your exhibition matches too... may be that would do good for

#98 gopalprasad, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Carolina Marin (not Camilla Martin) is definitely a rising talent. She should probably spend some time in Asia to spar with higher quality players.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Tine Baun for her 3rd All-England title and 9th SS title! She has definitely closed her
    badminton career with a bang (and not many players can be proud of that) and what better way to do it than winning the All-England title!

She has also won the European Badminton Championships title twice (2010, 2012) and helped Denmark to win the European Women's Team Championships twice (2008, 2010) and European Mixed Team Championships four times (2006, 2008, 2009, 2011).

We will miss you for sure!