Yonex Arcsaber 10 (ARC10) and Armortec 700 (AT700) 2012 PREMIUM EDITION

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blitzzards, Apr 5, 2012.

1. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

It's been ages since I tried the 2nd gen but as much as I remember, this 1st gen is heavier to swing and one friend from my group last night who used to own the 2nd gen agreed. We assumed the 1st gen weighs at the upper limit of the weight scale while the 2nd gen is somewhere lower, provided that YY could really maintain the weight consistently.

I can't see this 1st gen as a good option for me to play doubles. Still need to use it more to adjust the timing and train my arm to increase the swing speed without causing too much fatigue.

I was unable to get AT700PR 3U as all the shops I searched were selling only 4U, that's why I pulled the trigger to buy the 1st gen instead. They came with more holes on my wallet and one of them is IP coded. Indeed, the AT700PR should worth more value for money if it performs similarly.
    Since you have the AT700PR, we can probably meet up and compare those two to contribute some feedbacks that makes more sense on this thread... I've been so curious too :D

2. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Quixilver, E-Link Sports in Ang Mo Kio sells the AT700PR in 3U. I've ordered all of mine from him.

3. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

When I went there, only the 4U was displayed and 3U was out of stock so I went off to Queensway mall to check around which was apparently the same. Maybe I was just out of luck and at the same time I found one fellow was selling one pair of AT700 1st gen... Here they go :eek:

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    quixilver, how much does your friend sell his 1 pair AT700 1st gen ? Is it in 3U/G5 ?

5. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

woots! which shop at QW?

6. vajrasattva

maybe we should one day.. :) my at700 PR is 4U though. but the headweight's about 42 grams, comparable to my 3U at700 gen2 at 43g+

e-link sports has at700PR in 3U for $180...

7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Most of the well known shops like Paragon, Gala and Chau Beng. They are selling 4U as 3U is considered too heavy by most of their customers so they don't keep stocks for the 3U. They allow you to pre-order for the 3U actually, but I was not really keen to wait :D

8. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

That's a bit late now :)

Have you ever measured the dry weight and BP of those two samples? I roughly predict the 3U 2nd gen falls on the lower limit, probably ~85gr.

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Not nice to say numbers here as it's not an open market price but as we both aware, the price for a mint condition 1st gen is significantly higher than the 2nd gen or even the AT700PR. You can send me PM though :)

10. vajrasattva

at700gen 2
    Unstrung, with original grip, BP and headweight
    91.75g 306mm - 41g
    92.28g 307mm - 40.8g
    89.89g 314mm - 41.4g

Strung with zm65, gripped with 1x karakal super PU,
    108.3g 298mm - 44.43g
    107.7g 297mm - 44.93g

at700 PR 4u
    strung without overgrip and 1x karakal super PU