Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

VS850's tend to loose tension faster.
    BG80 is supposedly the equivalent YY string right? BG80's are also quite common and cheap here (9USD including stringing service!).

Care to explain some more? I'm not sure if you consider the BG80 as a 'hard' string.

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I like the feel of the BG80 on the Braveswords better. Had really good luck running it at 26lbs on my BS11 and others.

The Meteors are very stiff and metallic, and one way you can work around the lack of anthro product development is to use a string with a bit more of a softer and better damped feel.

I don't think I'd like BG80 on a Meteor, but hey, at 9 bucks a go, may as well give it a try!

3. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Thanks a bunch for the inputs. I might try the BG66 Ultimax a try as well.

4. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

interested in what you said, what string would suggest I should buy on the Meteors? because right now, its a hit and miss for me with the vs850s and bg80s on my mx70s and mx80 lol

5. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

The Meteors have higher frame stiffness than the Braveswords, so softer strings will feel better on them - BG66U and VS850 like Maklike suggested, as opposed to harder strings like BG80.

I'm using BG80 on (one of) my BS11's too!

6. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    well vs 850 is more like bg80. cause i got both in two diffent racket mx60 with vs850(28lb) and arc9dx with bg80(24lb) feel kind of same.

now i am not sure about frame stiffness all i know about the shaft stiffness, not many manufacturer describe the frame stiffness. could we have a separate forum for this.............

7. BlueTornado

BG80 has a much harder feel than VS850, which makes a difference. They are similar but definitely not the same.

BG66U has a much more similar feel to VS850, but it's better in almost all aspects - repulsion, tension holding, etc.

8. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i got different thought, mx got flexible frame at both side frame compare to bs. that is the function of woven applied at mx. it give flexibility to hold and whip the shuttle during smashing. u can find this technology in yonex nanoray racket where they got two type fx and rp. fx model got toughflex material at side frame to produce flexibility characteristic, but rp model got stiffer material to produce repulsion characteristic.

9. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

How about the BG66? Does it have a similar feel to the VS850 as well?
    I think I can find some stores stringing BG66 here but BG66U are quite rare.

10. larryho

larryho Regular Member

Have anyone of you tried BG80 power on your mx60? I just did my stringing today as my bg66u just snap. Not too sure whether I have made the right choice to change from bg66u to bg80p? Any comments of inputs from you guys?

11. BlueTornado

Is toughlex the same as woven carbon? I don't think so, but then again who really knows what toughlex is. At any rate, the frame does not have full woven carbon, just the top layer. But that's not the point.

1. Woven carbon will make a frame more stiff, not more flexible.
    2. The frame has a stiffer feel most likely because of the more solid frame shape and maybe because they use a different type of graphite that has a higher modulus or something like that.

12. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    firstly, i didnt say toughlex is same with woven carbon. i just give an example that there is stiff frame and flex frame. Then is if u dont know about the function of toughlex pls google it and read and understand it. That why i bought n700fx last time.
    Secondly, where did u bought mx racket that have woven carbon at top layer..:rolleyes: now i doubt whether what u say is u know or not...
    Thirdly, stiffer frame not only came from it material (ultra high modulus graphite) it also depend how the shape(structural) of the racket. bs series got shockless technology at it side frame. This shockless technologies due to stiffer frame plus diamond shape(cutting air) that make bs swing faster and excellent net kill.

#512 riffsuad, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    'Woven' carbon fiber makes structures torsionally stiffer, not to make it more flexible.

Get any woven racket, hold it side-on, one hand on the grip, that other at 12 o'clock, and *twist*. Look at the head.

Then do it with a non-woven racket.

Be prepared to be shocked.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

riffsuad,

Please don't spread misinformation with your guesses.

MX series have only one and one layer of woven carbon, the very top layer... the one that you can see. (Victor calls it "Carbon XT"). The other few layers of carbon underneath are just regular sheet graphite with fibres in parallel allignment... which is not as strong as when the fibres are woven across each other. If all the layers were woven carbon, you'll have a very stiff and strong frame... like the SOTX Woven 16.

The BS series frame for sure is not as stiff and stable as MX series due to lack of woven carbon layer, a less sturdy cross section profile, and also with 72 holes the BS stringbed is not as stiff and stable as MX series 80 holes.

Simple as that.

15. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    ok2 i'm so sorry to mr Blue tornado..my bad, i have wrong interpretation on your wording top layer with my understand top of frame. about which one more stiffer i think we only can justify with destructive test, then only we know which one stiffer.

16. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Wow!! Now I know!! lol Good One :)

17. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Sorry, I mean Visor explanation :) cheers

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    visor, the between stiff frame and flexi frame, which one produce more smash power?

19. Maybes

Maybes Regular Member

Looking for one
    I have been wondering how mid flex is the mx60 and how stiff the mx70.. still contemplating between the 2..
    Can the Sotx stiffness scale be used to measure them? because I need to know which of them is closer to my preference..

20. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

There's another option ... MX London :)
    Some new tech in the frame and provides better durability and control (as promo says)