Future Badminton Stars

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by samuel882, Sep 1, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The current top-4 bdm stars of MS sector : LD-TH-LCW-PG and who will replace them? Difficult to decide but for TH, almost certainly must be Tommy as the successor.

WS -- Seems Wang Yihan is CHN's upcoming star. She had grabbed World Junior/06, Invitational World Cup 2006 title and Individual Gold of Universiade/07 thus far. Meanwhile INA, still struggling to produce next Susi Susanti, maybe Pia/Sylvinna/Maria?!

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yeah.. The KOREAN always unpredictable with their doubles formation. Especially in team events..
    LYD will be growth as the next PJB.. who can win with partnering any of their Doubles players.. ;)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    So sue me! :p I like them both, but Febe has more spunk! ;) Both have good footwork [in the INA Junior level]. However, it is more fun to watch Febe. She has a lot more shot-variety arsenal. She screams and yells after exciting points.

Sylvi is like a poker-faced ice-queen... :) although she has a never-say-die attitude, she has shorter legs and limited power... Very difficult in the long run when playing against the tall-slender Chinese WS... Sylvi has a shot to become a top 20-30 player one day... I heard Sylvi has played Wang Yihan 3 times before... won the 1st time, lost the last 2 times... :p In last year's World Junior Championship, Sylvi stretched Saina Nehwal to the limit in rubber sets before eventually loosing. Saina was more powerful.

Febe... will reach WMC level... ;) I dare not say she can be INA's next Susi Susanti... [even though many people said Febe floats on the court like Susi]... :p Note: Febe got annihilated by Wang Yihan in the World Junior Championshp last year... :p

#23 Krisna, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    For WS, Christian said last year that INA needs 3 to5 yrs.....hm..I want it sooner....:D:D Hopefully PIA/Febe can catch up soon...

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA has great not-yet-noticed talents...

INA's most talented WS of the future are still around 15-16 today... The rest of the world have not heard of them yet. They are around the same age as Ayu Pratiwi, Gebby, and Rischa who represented INA in the Under-16 Asian Championship last month. But their record has not been spectacular.

They are still like Eagle chicks who are still learning to fly... Still clumsy, cannot flap their wings too well. But once they get their act together, they shall spread their strong wings wide, and they shall soar to the sky! ;)

Christian is right. INA shall need 5 years for another Susi Susanti... :eek: Febe, Pia will be around the same or slightly tougher than Maria & Firda [today]. They are the pre-cursor of what's to come... ;)

6. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Du peng Yu,Zhang Wei,Li Tian,Chai Biao,Ma Jin,Wang Xiao Li,Cheng Su,Liao Jing Mei,and etc

7. blessing

blessing Regular Member

MAS
    XD
    Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei
    Chan Peng Soon-Haw Chiou Hwee.. too bad Chiou Hwee left bam n join KLRC ady..
    Lim khim Wah-Ng Hui Lin

#27 blessing, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with the 1st one on this list. ;) They are awesome for their young age. We shall see them again in the World Junior Championship eh? :)

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I like the way Tan Wee Kiong and Woon Khe Wei play. I hope they can go far in their badminton career. They have gone thru hard times. Both players are young and willing to listen. Woon is much stable compare to Tan.

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Tan WK will be featuring in this year WJS.. But WKW would not..

11. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

why not. both same age. Both of them are being groom by Rexy. It is great to be spotted by Rexy. Any other Malaysian Player?

12. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

U probably is the gratest Indonesian Fan and u luv Maria Febe,
    Seen her played. She is pretty good, How old is she? Do i think she can match our Malaysian Lydia Cheah?

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Krisna falls in love with this girl....:D:D she is 18 now....if I am not wrong...she did beat Lydia Cheah this year...or Maria elfira did..

14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

She is 17 y.o. born in 1990
    She has beaten some big name like Jun Jae Youn, Salakjit Ponsana in Thailand also forced 3 sets to Zhu Lin in Philippine, almost beat WYH in Milo 2005, Cheng Sao Chieh in INA Open 2007.

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I disagree. :eek: taufik-ist, Indra, Sandy, badMania, ctjcad, and Huangkwokhau are bigger INA fans than me... :D They know all the statistical facts. I only know the general picture. But I think I know about Indonesian Badminton politics and domestic badminton issues better than most fans. Many people from various roles in INA's badminton world volunteer information to me... :p

Febe defeated Fransisca Ratnasari in the 2007 Indonesian Open Superseries, then went on to play 3 games against Cheng Shao-Chieh of Taiwan in the next round but eventually lost... :p

Cheng Shao-Chieh defeated Xie Xinfang decisively in a lop-sided straight sets in the next round. [I admit Xie Xinfang played terribly in this year's Indonesian Open Superseries]... If Febe had a little more experience [and muscle-power], it could have been Febe who defeated an off-form Xie-Xinfang the next day... :p

Maria Febe vs. Lydia Cheah... hmm... They might meet each other in this year's World Junior Championship. ;) We shall shall see...

16. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i think MAS can only rely on TCS and CKB in the future.... hehe :D

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

True...hehe...Hau-Ge is a bigger badminton fan than me :D

However, being able to know the inside of Indonesia Badminton is only possible if u are in the game, let alone if someone want to volunteer these info to u :p Krisna, u should run for PBSI president in the near future...I will support u :D

18. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I put the place of tournament wrongly, it should be

She is 17 y.o. born in 1990
    She has beaten some big name like Jun Jae Youn, Salakjit Ponsana in Viet Nam also forced 3 sets to Zhu Lin in Thailand, almost beat WYH in Milo 2005, Cheng Shao Chieh in INA Open 2007.

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I think you and Krisna beside taufik-ist....:D:D:D I am just a supporter with loud voice..:D INA..Go!!GO!!Go!!

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    TCS is awesome! I wanna see him some more! I wanna see him against the INA young guns... :D

#40 Krisna, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007