Yonex Armortec 700 ( AT700 ) Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TI-SP-SS dude, May 28, 2003.

1. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

tonite was the first time using my armortec 700 racket... when i initially started using it, the first few shots, it didn't feel right....maybe i need some time to adjust....so i quickly change back to my current racket which was pro ace...no choice...that time playing 100 plus game... so cannot lose...haha...

only after the game...i manage to ask a friend to stroke with me so i can test my new racket.... and man...it really feels good when you hit lob and smash...it really feels like you don't need as much power as my current pro ace racket...u can instantly feel the head heaviness of the racket and it's like helping you to add power to your clears and smashes... probably it's partly the string also...my friend who help me buy the racket...he also install yonex BG68-Ti if i can remember correctly...tension around 24lbs... i think this could be the sweet spot based on the shop recommendation... after testing...i cannot stop smashing kao kao... haha...

so my initial summary is... very very good racket for offensive and hard hitting players...but when it comes to defence...it's a bit harder to clear defend shots to back court...if ppl smashing you...when you wanna swing ur racket from side to side to defend...it feels harder compare to my current pro ace racket... for net play...it was pretty ok... but maybe i need more time to use the racket when playing...when i get use to it...then i can control it better...

my current 1 layer grip feels very lacking for me...i will take out the grip and add another layer to it....somehow i prefer thicker grip cause i feel more confident when smashing...

that's all for now... to those who can afford and considering AT700, if you're attacking player, my suggestion is...go for it...it's worth buying

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    U've just ressurected a 5 years old thread...Good though,good search..

3. joone427

joone427 Regular Member

IT Administrator
    I used AT-800OF for 3years and just recently switched to AT-700.. took me a couple games to get used to it and now it's my go to racquet :) sold my AT-800OF btw and looking for another AT-700 as a backup racquet.. any seller :)

4. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

LOL...well, the current AT700 racket is an improved version right?
    instead of starting a new thread, might as well continue an existing thread... :)

5. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    i like this guy:D:D keep up good work, even i myself couldn't find this thread..:cool:

6. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

Hi all,

Just wondering for other clone rackets, which one will be closest to AT700. I think i have finally found the racket that suits me best but unfortunately, cost is an issue for me here...so if there's any other clone racket which is similar to AT700, appreciate if you can let me know...
    :)

Yonex racket is way too much expensive...

thanks!

7. ArcSaber_700

ArcSaber_700 Regular Member

8. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

dude then your arm must be weak, when I got my at700 I played with it for hours and never got tired and im only 14 .. but I do weights already so yeah ( i know is bad for me, but I dont do too much just enough to be strong and healthy, and well rugby team ) and I think I'm pretty much a intermediate player

9. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    "Dude" way to bump a super old thread with an awesome response that add so much value for this forum. Thanks "dude".

10. owen27

owen27 Regular Member

Product manager
    Yea great thread... found it sometime back thru google too... I am using the old AT700. Think its 4-5 yrs old already... Best racquet I played with so far... purchased a carlton powerblade 9902. doesn't have the same power in smashes. Seems to vibrate a little when i smash while the AT700 has a very solid feel to it.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I thought the At700 was a stiff racket ? Not VERY FLEXIBLE as stated in this thread

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's quite flexible after some use...starts off relatively stiff, but you'll find it's quite flexy....

13. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

As an avid user of the old AT700, I strongly agree with this statement. The shaft actually feels slightly more flexible than expected when bent but when you start hitting with it especially with medium to high tensions, a slight mishit/mis-timed hit will make the racquet feel very stiff (also due to the solid feedback) and hard on the elbow.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i took the AT700 out of my bag and started playing with it again. the magic of the AT700 still have not diminished after my venture into alternative brands like LiNing and Victor. head heavy racket but super powerful. i strung it up with ZM62N @ 27lbs. the sound that comes out of a full on smash is quite incredible and nothing that can be produced with the latest super light 4U rackets that are so popular right now.

no wonder LD insists on reproducing the same spec racket once he moved to LiNing.

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    My Armotec 700 head burst after smash , after my restring of 27 tension. from that day onward i never pick up a Yonex racket again, and fortunately , i falll in love with another as good racket N90, (My no 1 fav racket.

16. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    ya, i feel the flex very nice to smash