Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW will follow what the BAM management tells me to do

Yes, if only LCW can have some coaching from Indra Gunawan, it would be great too.

We can talk on and on, but there is really nothing that we (and LCW) can do in choosing coaches. Why? Because LCW is under BAM, and BAM choose the coach for him.

Even LCW have said: "The question of whether there will be a change in my coaching is with BAM. I am under BAM and I will follow its rules". "I have spoken to Misbun recently and got some tips. However, I will follow what the BAM management tells me to do".

Read more: Reunion on the cards - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/reunion-on-the-cards-1.22837#ixzz1hXLVTDq0

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

OK... Maybe I have exaggerated it a bit too much. :):):)

When I was learning to coach, I was under the instructions from Tang Xian Hu (in person, when he visited Australia).

I find Tang Xian Hu's philosophy on training methods the best. If only you have studied/listened to his coaching methods. But of course, this is only my opinion.

#7042 chris-ccc, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    No issues, Chris.
    What I am implying is Tang maybe a very good coach but may not be the best coach. There maybe a better coach than Tang but that coach does not have a student like LD.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

When LCW fails to win, he cannot blame his coach

It's OK, there is no issue. :):):)

Regarding the coaching issue (coaches and trainees), yes, I agree with your comment: "There maybe a better coach than Tang but that coach does not have a student like LD".

This is what I believe in;
    * LCW's success does not necessarily depend on a good coach.
    * Whether LCW wins or not, it does not indicate that his coach is good or bad.
    * We can only rewind the time to see whether a certain strategy has worked or not (as performed by LCW and/or as advised by his coach).

LCW is the one performing. He learns from his coach; but when he fails he cannot blame his coach.

LCW's coach is the one advising him. He/she gives instructions to LCW what he/she thinks in what ways LCW can win against a particular opponent.

Therefore when LCW fails to win in a match, he should blame himself first, not his coach. It is a combination of effort, depending on LCW's form and his coach's advise (and of course on how the combination of effort is carried out by LCW's opponents form and/or opponent's coach's advise).

#7044 chris-ccc, Dec 25, 2011
  5. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    Did he ever blame his coach?? I don't know that...

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Sorry... that if you have thought of what I didn't say. :eek::eek::eek:

I thought I said "LCW is the one performing. He learns from his coach; but when he fails he cannot blame his coach".

Now you are adding in other ideas about I have not said? :confused::confused::confused:

On LCW's part; he wants to get the best advise to help him to win the 2012 Olympic Games GOLD medal.

#7046 chris-ccc, Dec 25, 2011
  7. bogensaebel

student
    ok I got it..maybe I'm a lil bit confused because of the sudden change of tune in the current thread topics...

If you mean to prevent it from happening, I think everyone can agree on that even though I don't see it'll happen..:)

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chris, perhaps you should re-phrase it to :

"LCW is the one performing. He learns from his coach; but when he fails, his coach is not the one solely to be blamed".

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

OK... I shall accept and agree with what you have said:

"When LCW fails, his coach is not the one solely to be blamed". :D:D:D

10. bogensaebel

student
    I agree...:D:D

sounds better...before it 'sounds like' lcw himself blame his coaches which is not true, whereas the truth is the media and some fans do that and definitely not him...I'm out of confusion LOL..

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Have we ever thought what happened if LCW doesn't win the OG2012? In his mind, should he continue playing after China had stood in his way for far too long or maybe call it quits since he is not fated to be that Malaysian, perhaps it was somebody else, Zulfadi Zulkifli maybe...

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Silver in Olympic Games 2008
    Silver in All England 2009
    Silver in Asian Games 2010
    Silver in World Championship 2011

I cant imagine how this will impact LCW's morale if Lin Dan is prepared to end his winning streak in Malaysia Open 2012.

13. bogensaebel

student
    he just need to keep himself fresh by OG12...he has without a doubt ability to challenge LD and should take advantage as an underdog against him...the problem in his last tournaments is tiredness (himself admitted) after pushing all out through out the year and WC11 final's effect...AE11 is the proof of his freshness...just keep fresh!!!

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Sometimes a defeat is better than a win.
    Defeat will make you really think on what to do better.
    Having said that, I am still having problem beating my friend for more than a year. :mad::mad:

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Every dog has it's day. Your day will come. Perseverance, my friend.

16. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    I wish you could have stand by your view because it's absolutely logical that no one should be blame other LCW himself. Afterall, who's the one who brought about the result? Only he himself knows what's going on during matchplay. Things like nerves, temperament and the likes are beyond the control of anyone else.

Don't laugh, once upon a time he did blame his coach. Remember Yap Kim Hock? He was the one who was blamed for asserting too much pressure on him and is now "buang" into obscurity. Talking about pressure; only losers cannot handle pressure; now who in God's name should soley be blamed?

Just my p.o.v., no offense.;)

With reference to that article, I think the reason behind LCW’s predicament is crystal clear.

Rather than using his own analytical mind he had always preferred to be spoon fed. Yet again he is acting like an infant. Those people he is asking for were there for him before. Although there were some success but the outcome towards his goal is still wanting. As I’ve said before, foreign assistance can only help to a certain extent. On court he is the one who is facing the challenge and all on his own. Outside of court he has got to stop being the pillion rider who could easily fall asleep thereby not knowing the actual direction. No matter what, he has got to take the driver seat and find his own way using pillion rider/s only as guidance. Then, and only then will he have the actual sense of direction towards his destination.

And here again is the blaming game. By wishing for a reunion with his former mentor (smart of him not to insist), even though with the slightest of hint, he is sub-consciously blaming the inefficiencies of his current coaches. So said; unless he grows up and take full responsibilities, he shall remain a pale shadow of his true calibre.

17. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Chriss, I almost forgot, kudos to you for being diplomatic.:)

#7057 OldBadFan, Dec 25, 2011
  18. bogensaebel

student
    now you said I remembered that old story...I don't experience any coach-player relationship or intensive coaching under any coach, therefore I can't comment like I knew...maybe like you said of him behaving like an infant is true, or maybe what he said is undeniably true since only him knowing what's really is going on, not you, not me, not everyone else....or maybe that's only his answers for the sake of reporter's questions...furthermore it's well known that he's comfortable under Misbun, so nothing's wrong in seeking his assistance or asking for his return to BAM..its not like him giving an ultimatum..
    What I want to say it, whatever saga is running behind the curtain, I believe he can challenge or even outcome LD once he's physically fresh...that's when he's most stable on court..just hope for the best in OG12 :)

19. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Hmmm...just like you I'm also hoping and wishing that he could do us proud instead of banging my head as to what's actually his setbacks. Anyways, nice sharing views with you.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Yes, you are correct... Some 4 years ago, LCW did blame Yap Kim Hock for asserting too much pressure on him. And then later, YKH was removed.

Later, BAM also put on pressure on Misbun to get LCW going. Thinking about it, somehow BAM never put on pressure on LCW. In this way, perhaps LCW is spoilt by BAM.

At the time when Misbun resigned from the BAM set-up, and Taufik also resigned from the Pelatnas set-up. I was also hoping that LCW would leave BAM to go independent too (This was because LCW did mention that he might go independent too).

Now, rewinding the clock to think about it, I guess it could have been better if LCW have gone independent. I think LCW should do better if he thinks of winning matches for himself first, and not thinking of winning for Malaysia, BAM, his coaches, etc, etc,......

LCW should think of himself as boss, and should only blame himself when not performing well.