LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

mind if you posts your VTZF pics? :D

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Sure not a problem. here is a pics with cut grommets in my vtzf :D

VTZF F.jpg

3. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

^ lol at the tobacco advertising. :D

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    SAMPOERNA is a famous cigarette brand in Indonesia. Who knows, clawhammers might be one of the descendants :D

Seems like i need to post a photo with DJARUM cigarette box :p

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Those same grommets can work on the VT-80

6. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

yup. These grommets are also applicable for VT70.

and it is not necessary to be cut, when being applied for VT80 and VT70.

:D

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    lcw, come on, dont use the vt-zf if u afraid your shoulder problem happen again. olympics is coming, u hv to prepare your mental beside the pyshical preparation.

8. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I had the change playing a lot with the VT-ZF and the VT80. I also played with the VT70, but the differences between the VT70 and the VT80/ZF is just larger than the comparison between the VT80 and VT-ZF. The VT70 is a medium flex ultra thin racket and is more balanced for overall use, while the VT80 and VT-ZF are really built as offensive rackets.

In my opinion, the VT80 was already a fantastic offensive racket, but the head heavyness made it a hard to handle racket. Nevertheless, using a 4U weight racket, made it more user friendly. I had great doubts introducing a more head heavy racket. The VT-ZF feels heavier then the VT80 when you have it in your hands. But during play, I did not feel it was harder to handle than the VT80. On the contrary, I found the VT-ZF faster in manoeuvrings and faster than the VT80 in defense. The feedback of a smash from the VT-ZF is just so nice. The harder you smash, the more you got the feeling it can do better. The feeling just does not come off from the VT80. There is enough written about the power of the VT-ZF, so I cannot add something new. I could get more power out of the VT-ZF than the VT-80. There were problems adjusting to the timing of the ARC-ZS, but because the frame of the VT-ZF is not as small as that from the ARC Z-Slash, adjusting to this frame was not a problem. I also find the VT-ZF more accurate than the VT80. Maybe due to the stiffer shaft. Everything was just right.

To my conclusion, I find the VT-ZF better than the VT80 in many ways but the differences are a lot smaller than the gap between the VT70 and VT80. Th VT-ZF got more power, is faster and is easier to handle. I do not have a 3U-G4 spec, but I would have wondered if this is also better than the VT80 3U-G4. The VT80 in 3U-G4 was just to heavy to be fast in defensive doubles. In general, there are more powerfull rackets than the VT-ZF, but they require the right player to utilize the full potential of those rackets and therefore are dedicated to a smaller audience. This racket is the easiest head heavy racket to get power out of it today, and I'm not working or sponsored by Yonex...

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your review, CarbonexFan. You have written a lot of wonderful review on rackets. Thank you once again.

By the way, are you comparing 3U VT80 with 4U VTZF ?

10. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the VT-ZF as well. I have VT80 as well and both are 3UG5 at 86grams (dry weight). The VT-ZF does everything better than the VT80 at the price of a smaller sweet spot.

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I now have Z Force and will be testing it tomorrow if my back injury allows me to play. Can't wait.

If I get the chance I think I will make a video of a direct comparison with VT80 - if I get the time!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I like the sound of that.

13. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

Please start writing! I heard you've tested over 20 rackets but you haven't update your website since Feb :p Thanks!

14. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I have both 3U and 4U but I compared the 4U versions because the VT-ZF are only available in 3U-G3 and 4U-G4 here in The Netherlands and G4 is a core requirement to myself.

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the clarification... I am also planning to buy 4U VTZF as well...

16. justinloong

justinloong Regular Member

Hi Paul,
    I enjoy reading your articles and reviews in your website. It's all highly informative and an excellent read.

If I may suggest, could you also review lower end (enty level) racquets like what you have done for the Voltric 5 & 7?

Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers,

17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Thanks guys for your support.

I have been so busy at work I have had so little time to update my website except for my comments on the forum which I still manage to write almost on a daily basis.

Sadly, last night was not good. I sustained an injury last week in my back. I tried to test the Z Force but I couldn't even raise my head sufficiently to look up to see the shuttle. So apart from hitting a few clears, defence and net work I had to give up.

I have partially written my review but cannot finish it from my perspective as I could not perform sufficient overhead shots. However they players I was with had a go and they were thundering smashes to the floor. Mark, who normally uses an 8DX is already a hard hitter but boy did he hit some smashes last night! He commented that you can really feel the power of the racquet. Matt also hits very hard and he got the same results. Sadly I couldn't get the shuttle over the net much because of my injury.

So, I'm nearly there but will need to delay my review until after Monday night when I next get on court. Hopefully I will be better shape then and can test again.

What i can say is that i loved the racquet for defence. Whilst it is heavier in the head, the stiffness and weight allowed me get more punch into my returns when driving or lifting ths shuttle. At the net I felt it was easier for me because the weight provided a more solid foundation from which play the shot.

Guys I'll do my best to complete this review Monday night if my injury allows. If not I'll post a few other reviews from racquets I've tested, starting with APACS - can I say that here?

Thanks again for your support.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

18. King's

King's Regular Member

Ironic promoting a healthy sport with an unhealthy habit?:)

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Want to give an example of an unhealthy sport, sport? :p

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Boxing, gymnastics,.... :D