Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I think 9900 gets more pop for me than a Ti-10. But it more unforgiving with mis-hits (at 26lbs and up on tension). Also for the price I can practically get 2 Ti-10's and it's not THAT much better.

2. P.Jiu

P.Jiu Regular Member

Hello!

Can anyone tell me where we can buy the TI 10 online?
    I am from France and we don't have it here.
    Thanks!

3. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Since I just bought a Ti-10 2nd gen, is there any need for me to keep my NS9900 if I primarily play singles or should I trade/sell my NS for a singles oriented racket like an at700 or an arc10?

4. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have seen it sold in Mybadmintonstore.com

5. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Yes, I will definately keep both my racquet (i have both NS9900 and Ti-10) as they have different characteristic. Since you are used to head light racquet, heavy head for single will definately be a challenge when you change during your gameplay. NS9900 is good for single as well.

6. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

I saw some on badmintonshoponline.us but it's the 3rd gen purple one.

I actually made my NS9900 head heavier because it felt too head light for me. The bp on it right now is about 295mm so it's about the same as my Ti-10. When I swung around an unstrung at900p it didn't feel head heavy to me at all but I'm not sure if stringing it will have a different feel. So I think I can handle a head heavy racket like the at700 if the BP is similiar to an at900p. Would an at700 benefit me a lot more than a NS9900 in singles? I use my arm moreso than my wrist when playing btw

7. P.Jiu

P.Jiu Regular Member

Thank You for your response dimcorner.
    Do you know if the items are shipped from the US or China?

8. P.Jiu

P.Jiu Regular Member

9. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

10. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

They are shipped from Hong Kong

11. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    I've been a Ti-10 user for a while now, and I own all 3 versions of it. I recently bought a purple (3rd gen) Ti-10.

I must say that feel of the 3rd gen is much closer to that of the 1st gen compared to the 2nd gen. I really like the fact that the 3rd gen is slim head + slim shaft but still manages to be stiff to help generate power. I felt that the 2nd gen Ti-10 was too flexible.
    Props to Yonex, as I'm using the 3rd gen as my main for now =D

12. allanshah

allanshah Regular Member

deisnger
    just bought Yonex Ti-10 yesterday. gonna try it tonight. cant wait ! woohoo !

13. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

First impression of at900p vs ti-10 yellow

Tension: 23 x 25 Both strung at same time
    String: Bg80 white
    Time used: Approx a week, first use during school tryouts
    Player: 17yo Singles player, doubles if mandatory
    Play style: Attacking, smashes often, excellent net play, weak in drops
    Modifications: 1 layer White hockey tape Lin Dan style on 900p, 1 layer white hockey tape on white paint of ti-10. Rkep Elite overgrip on ti-10, Rkep wet tape overgrip on 900p.
    Balance Points: ~320mm on 900p, 300mm on ti-10

First Thoughts: After reading through the Ti-10 and at900p review threads, I had hoped that both racquets would be money well spent and excellent for my type of play style. Needing racquets that made smashing easier and stronger with good control for the net plays, I came to a conclusion that both racquets were the right ones.

Warmup: Started warming up with the 900p first and started with clears. Clears were effortless and was exceptional, I barely need to put much force into it. Even with my modifications to the racquet, I really didn't feel like it was a brick on the end of a stick and it felt pretty comfortable tbh. I swapped to the ti-10 to try out a little head lighter racquet and it didn't clear as effortlessly as the 900p but it was still pretty good. I moved back to the 900p and decided to stick with it for the rest of warm up and games because this was during school tryouts and I wanted to make a good impression.

Game time: Smashes were pure beast and it sounded like I was shattering glass whenever I smashed! Accuracy with my smashes remained consistant to corners and I was able to win several games by smashing only. I wanted to test out net plays and that only happened against more skilled opponents. Cross court net shots were excellent as usual for me, just clearing the net cord by a little bit. Normal net shots consistant of lots of tumbles and bested many of the "elite" players that I played against. Control wise, the 900p was great, but the smashing was the best.

*Switching over to ti-10 after my shoulder got tired and went straight to more games*

Game time: Had a little issue with mistiming due to the 20mm change in bp, no problems after a game. Smashes were a little weaker and harder to produce the same speed as the 900p but accuracy was even better. I needed to use more wrist in my smashes to produce a good smash unlike the 900p where i could use a full arm swing to kill it. Point smashes were pure money with the ti-10, just a quick wrist snap and I was able to get similiar power to the 900p but not quite. Net play was the same as the 900p but drops were much better with the ti-10. With a little lighter bp, I was able to drop it much closer to the net unlike the 900p which dropped closer to the opponent. Defense and overall control were the same with both racquets so I guess it's the player and not the racquet that determine how good you can defend.

After tryouts both racquets maintained the consistancy when I first used it.

Conclusion: I would have to say that I will probably use the 900p more often than the ti-10 for it gave me a stronger, more effortless smashes which suites my style of play. Both were the same for me when it came down to control around the net and defense. I will try to test out an at700/at900t/sw35 to see if it can top the 900p for me.

Ratings for 900p:
    Power: 10/10 imo (Only had ns9900 and ti-10 to compare to, could change if i tried an at700/900t/sw35)
    Control: 9/10
    Feel: 9.5/10 (elastic ti in the frame made smashing/clears effortless)
    Defence: 9/10 (no difference than any other racquet I've tried/tested)

Ratings for ti-10 yellow
    Power: 9/10 (little weaker than ti-10 and needed more effort to produce similar smashes)
    Control: 9.5/10 (drops were better with this than the 900p)
    Feel: 9/10 (without the elastic-ti in the frame, it didn't feel effortless when playing any shots)
    Defence: 9/10

I apologize if this First Impression/mini review seemed confusing or inconsistant, first time I've done one and a short time frame of using both racquets. Ratings could change with more time using either racquets. Hope this helps

14. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

You should try a purple one. From what I have been reading the purple one is stiffer than the yellow and closer to what the original one was.

15. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

I've read that it's not as head heavy tho, which is something I prefer in a racquet

16. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

My Ti10 purple with string and a yonex over grip over the original grip sits at 295 BP and weighs just at about 100 grams all in. I don't know about the yellow thou since I never tried it. I feel the 900P plays good as well and prefer it over the 900T. I'm mostly a doubles player thou and I'm more of a defensive type.

#596 dimcorner, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  17. allanshah

allanshah Regular Member

deisnger
    so far after few games, i think this racquet really good in smashing and drop cross court. really nice racquet. im using this Ti-10 3rd gen (purple colour) :):)

18. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

My Ti-10 yellow also sits around ~295 bp with strings n thin overgrip without my tape mod, 300 bp with the tape only covering the white paint at the top.

19. Dylanncs11

Dylanncs11 Regular Member

Project Manager
    HI Guys,

I might be buying this Ti10 tomorrow nite(purple)...would like to check with you guys wats the safe zone for the string tension? i notice the reccomended string tension for this racquet is kinda low(about 22)
    Then for the string BG66 or BG80 for this particular racquet?

20. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have always used 25lbs main, 27lbs cross on my Ti-10's. It's been over 1 year like that and no problems.
    Mine is a 3u racket.