Tine Baun (Tine Rasmussen)

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by Pemuda, Sep 16, 2007.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Special: Tine Baun talks to Sportskeeda

Dev Sukumar, April 25, 2012
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/04/25/special-tine-baun-talks-to-sportskeeda/

Two-time All England champion Tine Baun (earlier: Tine Rasmussen) is one of the stars at the India Open. Having taken over the mantle of leading the Danish challenge from the popular and charismatic Camilla Martin, Baun has managed the hard task of being one of China’s biggest threats. Baun, who won her second straight European Championships, spoke to Dev S Sukumar after her first round win over Sayaka Sato of Japan:

Happy with the way the match went? You won despite trailing in the second game.

Yes, I’m happy with today’s performance. I had a slow start. It takes a lot of energy to come from a tournament in Europe (she won the European Championships last week). It was a long journey, sitting in the plane for a long time. This round is the beginning of the tournament, and I’m happy I won in two sets.

How difficult is it as a pro player to traverse continents and yet play at a high level?

When you get older, it gets difficult to travel. Your body takes longer to recover and it’s hard to get rest and try to be at that level. Each additional day helps to get ready. Now I have 24 hours to prepare.

How do you ensure you get sufficient rest while travelling?

It’s very difficult, but it’s the same for everyone. We don’t travel first class. The leg space is too less … you just have to do your best and get your body moving.

You just won the European Championships last week. How satisfying was that to continue your reign as European champion?

I’m very happy with winning the European Championships. I’ve beaten the best opponents in Europe, and satisfied. It was a good final (against Juliane Schenk); I played up and down, and in the end I played better than her.

You’re on the wrong side of 30. Contemplating retirement yet?

Not yet. Of course I’m older and I have a few injuries, but I want to continue playing for the time being.

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    All I could say is if she is younger by a few years..in her late 20s, only very few players are capable of beating her and Saina is not one of them

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina and I have a good chance of winning medal in Olympics: Tine Baun
    PTI | Apr 25, 2012, 06.20PM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-Olympics-Tine-Baun/articleshow/12867988.cms

NEW DELHI: Two-time All England champion Tine Baun is confident that she and Indian ace Saina Nehwal are good enough to topple the formidable Chinese players at the London Olympics and win medals.

Baun said they have succeeded in presenting a good challenge to the strong Chinese players on the circuit and are now confident of beating them.

"There is a good chance for both Saina and me winning a medal in Olympics. We along with Juliane Schenk of Germany have been pushing the Chinese and there is pressure on the Chinese now. They are used to winning gold and when they play in the Olympics, they are always the best. But me and Saina are also training hard and will be at our best," Tine said.

"I have the possibility of beating the Chinese. I am satisfied with the way I have progressed after being injured in the past. I want to play my best and stay injury free. I want to focus on my game," she added.

The fifth seeded Danish on Wednesday defeated Japanese Sayaka Sato 21-15, 22-20 to make a good start to her campaign at the Yonex Sunrise India Open.

"I am very happy with my game. It has been two days that I have been in India. My body is getting used to the time difference and jetlag. It was a slow start but I did well in the end," she said.

Tine retained her European title last week in Karlskrona, Sweden and the 32-year-old was pleased with her performance.

"I'm happy with European title last week. My performance in the All England was also good. I showed some good badminton and these were the best this year. It is a nice feeling.

"I am still working on some areas. I had to struggle with injuries and it takes time to get back to your best," she added.

Her compatriot Peter Gade has decided to hang up his boots this year and asked if she was also thinking in similar lines, Tine said she has not decided as yet.

"I have been injury free for the last two months and I would like to continue as long as possible. I know I am ageing but I haven't decided on my retirement till now. As long as I am having fun on the court, I will keep playing," said the 32-year-old.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Probably that's the ideal case for every player, with the skill and experience of a 40 years old with 20 years old youngster's energy and quickness. :)

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

just lost to China's No 7, the 19 years old Chen Xiao Jia in 2 straight games.
    Every time when they open their mouth it just went straight back to their faces.

Why can't they just shut up and let the rackets do the talking ?

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's ok...relax. I do not mind what she says because she has proven more than enough in the past. Plus she is just asserting her confidence and optimism unlike Nehwal who extremely naive for her age to think that her opponents including the Chinese fear to play against her when she has not even delivered in the major event.

Tine Baun is alright..i think she didn't cross the line so far...Nehwal has on numerous occasions.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Tine is into the final stage of preparations for LOG. Going well so far at the Indonesia Open PSS where she enters the QF stage after winning in straights over Petya Nedelcheva 21-15, 21-12. She meets an old young foe Wang Yihan tomorrow. This could be Tine's opportunity to balance the h-h with WYH.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There was almost nothing to separate Tine from Wang Yihan at the QF stage at the IO PSS. Sadly, only one of them could win, and it was WYH. But it did show that Tine is approaching her A game, and I guess she wants to target peaking at the OG. :)

England has been a happy hunting ground for Tine. I wish her the very best!

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hope she can do something on the fitness and the mistakes. Keep it simple like Saina and she should be able to handle the chinese. ;)

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Tine Baun ends her career
    Organisation:
    BadmintonDenmark.com
    Published by: Trine Bay
    Date: 10/17/2012 9:30:16 AM

Read the entire report here:
    http://www.badmintondenmark.com/cms/default.aspx?clubid=3563&m=526178&cmsid=133&pageid=1998

Excerpts:

After several years on the international badminton scene, the Danish badminton queen Tine Baun, has decided to end her career.

The 33-year-old badminton star will be playing for another five months and then make her final appearance at the All England in 2013.

- It has not been an easy decision to make. There have been a lot of tears, and there has been put much thought into it, but it's the right thing. I am happy about the decision and I am looking forward to the new life, I am about to start, Tine Baun says.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Trærup-Hansen: Baun has been a very important player

[video=youtube;AEM2QcKaT2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEM2QcKaT2s&feature=share&list=PL399BCD0FB 5734A7B[/video]

12. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I'm sad to hear she will retire. :(

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Hopefully there will be another European that can challenging the Chinese

14. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    wonderful career, great achievements... she still is one amongst the top players... wish to see her more....

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oooooh! Tine's cruisin'!!!

2 matches into the French Open with opponents that make her stretch a little more ever time, and now she's into the QF up against Minatsu Mitani. They've never met before, but the smart money's on Tine. No stress or tension any more, the big decisions have all been made...

16. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    tho a bit slower than before, she's still got the power and it is always always refreshing to watch her play.

17. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    there's a very interesting piece on BWF youtube channel's world of badminton...featuring Tine Baun...apparently she has this lucky croc charm given to her by a singaporean fan...anyone here??

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Even i have watched that video. She was mentioning about that gift which she is carrying everywhere whenever she is in court she used to keep it outside of the bad it seems. Fantastic woman. wonderful smashes which nobody has answers. After retirement, i wish her all the best for her future career. :)

She also mentioned that she wanted to wear chappals with heels but could not as she feels that she is taller than most of the men even without wearing it. :)

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    OOPS.... to keep it outside of the bad - I meant bag here. Sorry for the inconvenience.:)

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

which episode is that? can share the link here?