New Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Joekruger, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Hi L&G and all Badminton Pros, Thanks for viewing.

Appreciate you guys could give some advise or recommendation on my new coming racket. In my mind, i would like to have either VT Z-Force or Arc10 or AT900T. I played single and sometimes double. I like to smash as well as defensive. My current racket details as per below:

Brand : Prince Classic 8000ti
    String : BG66
    Tension : 26 lbs
    Specs : I don't really know either it head heavy or light and also 3u or 4u (Since i bought it from friend)

would this cheap racket has so much different compared to those hi-end yonex racket in term of handling. and it will cause me too much time to get to use with it?

Regards:)

2. SyamzariVoltric

SyamzariVoltric Regular Member

Optometrist
    u like to smash?? better u try voltric series,, and for me VTZF is the best choice.. or u can try VT9 or VT80 first, before change to VTZF.. bcoz VTZF extra stiff,, better to feel stiffer shaft first before change to extra stiff..

3. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Ok thanks. Any other opinion from here?

4. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

go try it out.. borrow from ur fren.. go to shop.. and stop listen to wat ppl said..
    ppl might said it is good but it wont suit u sometime.. while wat ppl say not good might sometime be ur best weapon..
    for example.. victor bs10.. all my fren said it is no good.. hard to use.. etc.. but end up to b the best racket i ever used..

5. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Yup thanks bro. but for now i only interested with yonex. Don't know why:rolleyes:

First racket to choose in my mind now is VTZF. because there's many good and positive review for this racket.

Hope to get some more advise from experts..!!

6. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    u need a good smashing,at the same time good defending racket? get a 4ug5 voltric 80 ,nanospeed 9900. and strung at 26lbs with nanogy 98. if u r a hard hitter like fhf(i mean it!),just get a kason f9. it solves all ur problem! =D

7. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    i have a vtzf before...i just couldnt agree with the terms of extra stiff people used on this racket , to me its just stiff...and if even became flexy when i was playing net shots and spin! smash are great because of the flex!>.<...maye thats what happened after a long time? it became flexy?

8. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Hi,

First of all, how do you consider your style of play as well as your skill level? If you consider yourself as an advanced player, go for VTZF. Z-Force has all the potential you need for speed & power. But keep in mind that this racket is not for everyone. Otherwise, you can go for Arc-10. It's quite a good but user-friendly racket for beginner - intermediate players. Good luck!

9. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    So do u mean that vtzf is not quite good at defensive?

10. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Danny, in your opinion and observation and experience, which one the best between ns9900, Arc10, vtzf.

Because i only interested within these 3 racket. please provide some basis to your answer:)

11. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Im an intermediate player which like to smash. what do u mean by vtzf not for everyone? its hard to control or too head heavy or what?

Thanks

12. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    every hh racket is hazey when it comes to defense unless you have a string wrist or forearm strength,then its a different story...i had a 4ug5 vtzf and its just magnificent! vtzf is most probably the most head heavy racket ever produced by yonex...so...i just dont recommend you to go for 3u zforce because..its really tiring if u r using a 3u zforce for fast game like doubles.. in doubles speed is power,yet u need control,and that is why i said...vt80 / zforce 4UG5 is all u need..they r forgiving yet unleash powerful performance by the time u really used to it.....marthias boe used voltric80 in 2013 korea open,rather than using his old weapon ,the armotec900... its all up to ur own styles of playing....if u have the strength and stamina....u can go for some stiff racket like victor's mx80,mx jjs, yonex nanoray 700rp/fl , nanoray 800.....=)

13. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

It's stiff and head-heavy. It'll require wrist power at most of the time. Maneuverability / speed will require extra power to generate. But if you have all the skills & power, this racket is the beast :)

14. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    u can watch how mohd ahsan of indonesia used his nanospeed 9900 when playing against korea....his smashes are immaculate and really2 fast! go youtube,see mohd ahsan from indonesia when playing against korea....u will know what nanospeed 9900 can do...i had one but cracked because i had a clash with a newbie at 28lbs,which is a bit over-strung as the racket stated maximum u can go is around 24-25lbs only. thats the problem with yonex,however it;s not a problem when u get the right stringer......i can see from ur statement u said that u r 26lbs player,then go for a 4ug5 zforce.... i personally recommend nanospeed 9900,zforce and arc 10 at the last. i had an arc 10 also,string at only 24 but still it can perform very well...

15. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    i personally think that wrist power will only do magic when u have a hh yet medium flex racket,BUT NOT STIFF. i smashed a 210km/h last month using a zforce 4ug5 at 27lbs using nanogy 98.

16. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Thanks for ur great reply. if vtzf 4ug5. if ns9900 should i take 2u or 3u?

17. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    i recommend 3u for more all-round performance...2u..like i said,smashing is kaw kaw! haha... but zforce needs a lil time to get used to...but once u knew the beast well....hehe time for some bazooka!!!

18. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I think wrist power is essential in badminton no matter what racket being used. IMHO, wrist power will help more on stiff racket since stiffer rackets generate less sling-shot effect compared to those flexible rackets.

19. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    if ur arm is strong enough,get a 2u version...it will SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND! HAHA

20. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    yes i couldnt deny... maybe its essential to you,but to me...i only use wrist power on drop shops,net kills and tricks. for smashing....the wrist only helps in making the shuttle goes steeper,IMHO too,wrist power is good for stiff racket but can perform really well medium flex racket like the n90,n55ii,n77ii.....