Congratulations Lin Dan :)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by volcom, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Last week I was in KL for the M'sia Open, bought both the SF and F tickets, but denied the chance to witness the titanic clash between two worthy opponents, the best the world has to offer at present. LD's compatriot replacement CL was no match for LCW in the SF.

And now I also missed the much talked-about marathon match (1hr 14min) between these two well-oiled gladiators in the neutral climes of Korea. :crying:

Even Li Mao wasn't there to interfere in the finals since he had left KOR and as INA's Simon Santoso (whom I understand LM is now coaching) had lost narrowly to LD in the previous day's SF marathon (1hr 16min). Perhaps LYB was also absent or at least out of sight and not being able to create another uproar. And I suspect both the players' respected coaches MS and "The Thing" were also not around to lend support.;)

I believe the officials, especially the line judges, will have no reason to be biased as well since no KOR players were involved.

How much more NEUTRAL can a match of this magnitude be?

And how much excitement and entertainment I've missed! :crying::crying::crying:

Anybody can give me a link to YouTube on this LD-LCW match, please? :)

2. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Let's hope no one will ever say LD is 'afraid' of LCW ever again.

and yes, Congratulations to Lin Dan. You could have finished him off with 2 sets but with your injury it's understandable, wish you all the best!

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Congrats to LD.

Even LD haters cannot say that he did not deserve this title. Cause from round 1 to final, he beat (Non CHina) players. Usually lots of us speculate that his teammates give him easy matches so he had ton of energy to play LCW in final. But since QF he had to play rubber sets 3 times to beat TH, SS and then LCW in final.

LCW only need 160 minutes on his road to final and LD need 187 minutes . LCW clearly the fresher between them in final and still lost crucial points in the third set.

For now, LD is still the best.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you can download the match here, enjoy:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Open-Super-Series-2011&p=1616731#post1616731

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
  6. SImplelenna

SImplelenna Regular Member

Congrats to LD, maybe next tournament that LD in, LCW must be careful..and have to trying hard to win the title and money...

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

you are reading too much into the unrelated little nitpicky details from the actual game itself. i wonder if you even watch the game at all.

8. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    lcw is after all a kumpong boy who can't even handle an interview - unlike lin dan. if you can't agree 100% that he is cocky, unprofessional, hypocritical and unbecoming, well at least you will agree that he lacks grace, class & intellect (compared to lin dan). i mean how intelligent can you be when you have misbun as your coach? did he not quit BAM only to appear right away alongside lcw and coaching him in the malaysian open? i guess he simply can't stay away from the limelight even for a minute - what a loser.

i've been watching lcw play the last few years and have seen his change in character on court. i used to like him but am lately having 2nd thoughts. he has become emotionless much like a ruthless assassin (ala morten frost) and seem to be obsessed in trying to establish his legacy as world no. 1 come hell or high water. but unfortunately, or fortunately. the annal of badminton history will always coin him as a 2nd fiddle to lin dan!

9. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

Good job LINDAN! Facing TH,SS,LCW in a row and going all the way!

As for LCW being "cocky", well, I noticed this little change personality of LCW since 2008. Whenever LCW plays LD, he's shouting/pumping fist, I think it's a way to give himself confidence in the game. While on the other hand, LD has become more polite / humble (you all remember how he was back in the days, right?). TXF taught LD to control his temper, and it really works for LD.

10. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

LCW is world ranking no.1. LD is king of badminton. No doubt, LD can choose to win or walkover but not lose.

#50 hola4, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

KING of badminton?? You're joking... what an insult. LCW IS the King of badminton...
    (scroll down)
    (scroll down)
    Lin Dan is the GOD of badminton :p

#51 madbad, Jan 31, 2011
  12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thought that words like "G.D" are not allowed in BC.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Context my friend, context

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Holly banana, I thought LCW and LD are playing a badminton game, Ruthless Assassin:p:D that is serious business Dude....maybe you are watching too much American TV...LOL:D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    They say CONFIDENCE is an important ally, and it seems LD has more of it, at least for the moment.

You would recall that LCW's confidence level was sky high during the Malaysia Open and even the incomparable TH was not allowed to shine.

#55 Loh, Jan 31, 2011
  16. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    w/o. Lin Dan...King on court,
    against Lin Dan...Mouse on court,
    and that's how our beloved Datuk goes to court,
    if you can't take that, then
    you must be more than a LCW die-hard fan.:D

17. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    god, how i hated morten frost - he brought death along with him and killed the game for many like us. totally uninspiring and ruthless (i mean merciless), even towards his good old friend steve baddeley whom he once thrashed the daylights out of. he literally sucked the life out of the game for me. for the good of badminton, i totally wish lcw does not end up like morten frost. morten frost is one 'legend' i would like to forget; brings back many unpleasant memories in badminton. so far, i can see almost all the players these days are the emotive and/or affectionate kind which makes it really fun to watch. i'm enjoying it a lot these past few years - it makes me wanna be like them on and off court!

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I think too much baddy for you lately, mate

better enjoy CNY with your family :D

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Dude...I dunno what Morten, the Frost Man, did to you so badly in your past life:D you use words like death, killed, ruthless, merciless, assassin, hell....those are heavy hitters to associate with a game of hitting birdies:p Take it easy, man;)

20. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    yes, you guys are right, i get carried away sometimes because i loved the game. i should learn to take it easy but i hope you catch my drift. and happy lunar new year to all & gong xi fa cai! looking forward to more exciting games after the new year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.